NEurope
Stocka

Eternal Sonata

Nice! It has a lovely anime style to it, cel shaded next gen graphics? Maybe. Please to god for a english release.

looks similar style to final fantasy:crystal chronicles to me.

it looks interesting so i hope it gets a euro release too! :)

Looks very nice indeed. Will it help shift 360 machines in Japan? Probably not but aslong as it gets a uk release or they make the game multi-regional then I will be happy.

IGN:

June 21, 2006 - On October 17, 1948, Frederic Chopin, one of the most influential composers for the piano, succumbed to sickness and died at the young age of 39.

Three hours prior to that, in the world according to Bandai Namco, Chopin, crouched on the floor of his hospital, saw a dream. The dream had anime characters that looked like they were out of a Tales game and a world that looked like it was pulled from a fairy tale. In the dream, people carried about their lives like in the real world. But in the dream world, people with incurable sicknesses had magical powers.

Bandai Namco's new Xbox 360 RPG, Trusty Bell: Chopin's Dream ("Chopin no Yume" for the Japanese version) takes place in this dream world. Chopin (yes, the composer) comes into contact with Polka, a young girl who resides with her mother in the village of Tenuto (the names, you'll find, are all musical terms). Polka is near her death, meaning she's got some crazy powers. Unfortunately, people believe that by touching her, they'll be infected with her koodies, so Polka's not particularly popular.

Trusty Bell is the story of Chopin (yes, the composer), Polka, and a Allegretto, a 16-year-old who steals to eat and lives for only one thing: to help Polka.

If Trusty Bell were called Tales of Something-or-other, no one would complain. The game has the absurd premise, peculiar names and colorful artwork of Namco's biggest RPG series. Plus, musical composition is being handled by Motoi Sakuraba, of Tales of fame.

Trusty Bell will also feature a battle system that's heavy on the action. Details are scarce, but based on the screenshots currently circling exclusively in Japan's Famitsu magazine, the battle system supports three characters (including an unknown male character called Beat) and features some sort of combo system. Allegretto makes use of a sword as his primary weapon while Polka, being a cheery girl character and all, resorts to an umbrella.

Music and story look like they will play a big part in Trusty Bell. Bandai Namco has drafted famous Japanese actor Leo Morimoto to perform narration for the game's Japanese version. Performing the piano numbers that Chopin left to the world (before having his RPG dream) will be Russian pianist Stanislav Bunin.

Trusty Bell is in development at tri-Crescendo, a studio that worked on the sound components of tri-Ace titles like Radiata Stories, Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile and also worked on programming, sound and the battle system for Baten Kaitos, along side Monolith Soft . The game is currently without a final release date in Japan.

Music and story is what makes RPGs so special to me, it really sounds like they are trying to make the music as awesome as possible, awesome.

any ideas of release date ?

Read the end of the quote from IGN I just posted.

Stocka: Good that you made a whole new thread for the game, it seemed to go almost unnoticed in the xbox360 thread. It looks so great.

I can't understand why Japanese developers are still making games for the 360. The thing has flopped in Japan (practically) which is where most Japanese games (like this) are targeted. I'm not complaining, it means I won't have to buy a PS3 for it, but i'm just saying it baffles me.

^

These kind of games do sell decent in the rest of the world too. Look at Tales of Symphonia for example. +Microsoft may be very nice to them...

Am I the only one who thinks that for a console that is next-gen the graphics should look better compared to GCN graphics then they do? It's nice an all but as someone said, it looks a bit FF:CC+.

But hey, some RPG love can't be bad for the 360. Wish I could say the same for s certain little system:indeed:

Am I the only one who thinks that for a console that is next-gen the graphics should look better compared to GCN graphics then they do? It's nice an all but as someone said, it looks a bit FF:CC+.

Well yes, but it's easy to forget that certain RPGs this gen look absolutely beautiful, and can't be improved too much upon e.g. Baten Kaitos backgrounds. Once we see this in motion I think it'll look all the more beautiful too, the water is going to be lovely if its like that in Blue Dragon :shock:

Watch this to see what I mean:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8752&type=wmv&pl=game

1099_0001.jpg

1099_0002.jpg

1099_0003.jpg

1099_0004.jpg

1099_0005.jpg

1099_0006.jpg

1099_0009.jpg

1099_0010.jpg

Either this is:

a) Some very nice and colorful renders / fmv

b) incredibly colorful and nice in-game screenshoots / in game graphics renders.

The style and colors make this much more impressive than Gears of War for me. One of the best looking xbox360 games so far.

http://www.tri-crescendo.co.jp/

Looks lovely, shame I can't afford an XBox360 for a long while. But I hope to get one when I have money.

keep the screenies coming Stocka!

Sure thing.

72a9761127daed8cab696b0a7a8e.jpg

3b5cb6c78c3fc390e5d437a12754.jpg

ea2711d8a109434e521029948103.jpg

3b175ba81f2745dd0d172842b660.jpg

48ea8977176e3e07599d196424f2.jpg

e840fce2619b805b7ea1c0a32105.jpg

efe77ad69bb891bc641dc6336b5e.jpg

ecbe3b6a549649c9b0b1d4beba18.jpg

464aa806ab716667d7c6d2074f2e.jpg

429e9bde59e4ad7cbd79e8fe54ec.jpg

d30dc704846fc6f80f0050933cc7.jpg

I LOVE how the characters look.

I don't see how some people can say it hardly looks better than a ps2 game after those screens. VERY nive. I'm a sucker for colors like this, though.

*puts on list to get when buy a 360*

this game looks stunning hope it gets good reviews

That game looks lovely apart from the battles which could look alot better.