NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nucleus

Computer Won't Start

Hey all.

This morning before school, I tried to turn on my computer and heard the quiet buzzing of the power supply but nothing came up on screen (yes it was on). I checked all the cables and everything seemed all right. I opened up my computer and it appears that when my computer turns on (as soon as it recieves power due to a changed BIOS setting), the CPU fan begins to spin but after about 2 seconds it stops. Can anyone give me some advice before I take it to a professional?

No there are no beeps and the fan seems to be permanently working now. However, still nothing else is happening. Also, the cables all seem to be fine.

It could be worth resetting the BIOS, but wait and see if anyone else has a better advice.

If you have an MSI motherboard it should have some leds at the back that tells you where it fails. If not I'm guessing that the processor might not be inserted properly/has failed or memory is shot/not installed properly. Or it might just be that there's a faulty pci card installed. And I wouldn't rule out a faulty power supply either.

Give it a good kick. Usually works for me.

I find a sledge hammer normaly works best... as i have a short fuse and computers are just made to break anyway.

Sign in to follow this