NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fuzpoy

Wireless trouble

Hardware:

Router: SpeedTouch 580

USB: SpeedTouch 121g

Its connecting but i can't find why it won't send the send a network address/gateway address.

I can't connect to the internet with the other computer.

If anyone know what need to be done or if the have this router, can you help?

Have you checked your router's settings? I think there's an option to toggle that on or off.

I've been through the setting, i can't see anything and through the help file to no luck. unless its gone by some other name.

So the dongle and the rouer connects, but is the router connected to the ISP? And how is the other computer connected to the internet?

ISP-Router-Computer(this one)

(other)Computer-Dongle

They connect but it say limited or no-connectivity.

My DS can connect to the router.

Oh the other is wired and the other is wireless. Have you checked the signal strength/quality? And I looked to the manufacturer's website and it tells that you might have to "register" the pc to the router. To do this you have to press a button on the router and connect the pc to it 30 secs. Not sure if I got that right though as I didn't look that much into it.

Oh the other is wired and the other is wireless. Have you checked the signal strength/quality? And I looked to the manufacturer's website and it tells that you might have to "register" the pc to the router. To do this you have to press a button on the router and connect the pc to it 30 secs. Not sure if I got that right though as I didn't look that much into it.

All of that is done, i have set up networks before. This is just proving a problem.

The other computer is ok, i can connect to my neighbours (unsecure) network and go on the internet. so its definatly the router not sending the gateway address.

The other computer is ok, i can connect to my neighbours (unsecure) network and go on the internet. so its definatly the router not sending the gateway address.

Then you should try to manually set the addresses. IP would be 192.168.1.??? the ??? being 1-254. And the gateway address would be the router's LAN IP. Not the IP it gets from the ISP.

Sign in to follow this