NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Scrubs!!

So...Seeing as Scrubs is better than food, drink or infact, sex, I decided to create a thread dedidcated to this holy grail of TV sitcoms so that you can all worship the deity that is Dr. Cox:

scrubs2-46.jpg

So anyway, any real scrubs fans out there? Season 5 just finished a couple of months back, and according to several things Bill Lawrence has said, Season 6 will be the final, which makes me sad, it really does.

Strangely enough, they've only released 3 series on DVD so far, (which by the way are essential for any scrubs fan, the bonus features are priceless) and they've yet to show season 5 at all on British TV (which sucks for people without broadband :heh:), so is Scrubs the ultimate Cult TV sitcom? In my opinion, it's the best TV show of all time, only remotely rivalled by (maybe) happy days and/ or power rangers!

All jokes aside the thing I really love about Scrubs, apart from the humour, is the real sense of attatchment to the characters and the fact that you actually give a crap about what happens to them, which is more than you can say for any more recent mainstream sitcoms *cough* friends *cough*

The end of Season 5 was bizarre, who thinks it's JD's baby? I don't really think that it's a possibility, seeing as JD only banged Kim about 2 weeks before, but hey, who knows?

So you can go ahead and give your two cents about how much the show rules, the characters or story here.

And:

scrubs2-27.jpg

show the todd some love!!

so is Scrubs the ultimate Cult TV sitcom?

It can't dethrone Arrested Development.

And geez, thanks for the spoilers. Aren't you peachy?

Plus the reason only three DVDs have been released so far is because they were behind, don't think they released the first until a year or so ago because of musical rights and such.

Great show. My friend lent me his DVDs a few months ago and was going to buy them all, but as we're moving in together soon it saves me the money.

So...Seeing as Scrubs is better than food, drink or infact, sex, I decided to create a thread dedidcated to this holy grail of TV sitcoms so that you can all worship the deity that is Dr. Cox:

Ah, so you like to worship cox, because they are better than sex :idea:

:bouncy:

Season 5 isn't even out in the UK yet... Though most fans have already seen it.

scrubs rules my mate has first three seasons on dvd just waitin for series 4 and eventually 5 to come out

It can't dethrone Arrested Development.

And geez, thanks for the spoilers. Aren't you peachy?

Plus the reason only three DVDs have been released so far is because they were behind, don't think they released the first until a year or so ago because of musical rights and such.

Great show. My friend lent me his DVDs a few months ago and was going to buy them all, but as we're moving in together soon it saves me the money.

Arrested D is indeed a great show, but nothing matches Scrubs in my eyes. Oh, and soz about the spoilers, I totally forgot to put it in a spoiler box.

Yeah, the DVD's had to be postponed becuase they were unable to afford the rights to use the same songs on the DVD as they did when it aired on TV.

I like scrubs, but not that much that i know every epside and watch it every week, cos i dont know what channel its on, but i do do that for the OC...anyone else?

but i like it, its funny. If it was on at the same time as family guy or the simpsons or american dad, then id turn off the tv nd not watch any, the choice would kill me.

I like scrubs, but not that much that i know every epside and watch it every week, cos i dont know what channel its on, but i do do that for the OC...anyone else?

Season One - ABC1, Season Two & Three - Paramount Comedy, Season Four - Sky One (or is it E4?) Season Five - E4/Channel 4. Isn't the UK system great?

Arrested D is indeed a great show, but nothing matches Scrubs in my eyes. Oh, and soz about the spoilers, I totally forgot to put it in a spoiler box.

Yeah but you asked if theres a bigger cult comedy, and whether or not you prefer Scrubs AD is a bigger cult comedy ;)

Eh? No I didn't! I said "ultimate" and by that I meant "best," and that's clearly Scrubs :D

Oh and another thing I love about Scrubs is that there's no laugh track, which is awesome, we the people know when something's funny or not, and don't need to be prompted by a load of fake laughs.

Also: My wife and kids is teh sex.

Red Dwarf is the top of my list for best comady show ever as im a real huge fan of it but second is defintely scrubs, i love the silly humour between JD and Turk and Dr Cox's sarcasm is just downright brilliant!

although the Janitor is also one of my favs in the show as he always gives the viewers of the show something to laugh about on how he picks on JD constantly.

Eh? No I didn't! I said "ultimate" and by that I meant "best," and that's clearly Scrubs :D

Nope, you said elsewise, you edited it to ultimate.

I've only recently got into Scrubs, and whilst I haven't seen as far as season 5 (I'm currently working my way through season 3 on DVD), what I have seen is fantastic. It's crazy funny, clever funny and mean funny. I love mean funny.

Take the various levels of humour and mix them in with some truly admirable characters and some real emotional moments and you've got a great piece of television.

Scrubs is great, I have series 1-3 on dvd. I haven't seen 4 or 5 yet though. Well... I've seen bits of 4.

but i do do that for the OC...anyone else?

I'm a big fan of the OC but Season 3 was a bit dissapointing, nothing has surpassed Season 1 yet.

Although i think what happend at the end of Season 3 is a good thing.

(Sorry for going of topic).

Yeah big fan of scrubs right here. Downloading season five as we speak. Funny, random sense of humour, great twist and methods, but more than anything some incredible soundtracks. A few of my favourite bits:

Episode 3.14 "My Screwup"

The episode with Ben's death, a classic. At the end, where Cox comes

to realise what happened, and Joshua Radin is played over the top. The point at which

I really came to respect what the show was capable of.

Episode 4.06 "My Cake"

A great exploration of the characters, especially Cox and J.D. The scene at the end,

where they're all sitting on the couch is just brilliant.

Episode 4.17 "My Life in Four Cameras"

I was dying with laughter when Kenny started singing "Isn't she lovely?

Episode 5.12 - "My Cabbage"

The scene with the infection at the end, with "Fix you", ingenious.

I actually said "no!" out loud.

http://scrubs.mopnt.com/music/?s=5 - a good link for finding music from scrubs.

This thread reminded me of my love of Scrubs - here I come season 1 boxset, only £16.99 on play!

I love Scrubs. I have the 1st 3 seasons on DVD and have watched saeson 4 twice (Paramount repeated the whole thing) and have seen season 5 on YouTube. I really hope season 6 isnt the last, Two and a Half Men isnt as good (though still awesome) and Futurama isnt coming back anytime soon by the looks of it. If Scrubs goes I will have no decent TV comedy!

Funnily enough, I've watched about 20 episodes of series 5 today.

might watch the rest now.

so is Scrubs the ultimate Cult TV sitcom?

I'd say no, Spaced is, but i'll happily give Scrubs second place!

Does anyone know when Series 4 is out on dvd?

spaced is also very cool

I hope they release series 4 soon, I'll probably get it as soon as they do :D

I've watched a fair few episodes and like it very much, but don't watch it regularly in the least..

Does anyone find them selves watching Ep's over and over again? I used to watch at leasr 3-4 eps a day, and have seen every episode at least 10-15 times, and it never gets boring, which is also one of the reasons I love it so much.

Yeah Ive done that. Im currently watching Season 1 all over again. For maybe the 5th time. Only other show I do that with is Futurama.

Sign in to follow this