NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

BNP, racist or not?

I believe in meritocracy (whereby the best person for the job, gets the job). All this quota stuff is ridiculous and is discrimination.

I totally agree Zakatu.

What ever happened to plundering the world with a blackie under one arm and a broad under the other?

I totally agree Zakatu.

What ever happened to plundering the world with a blackie under one arm and a broad under the other?

:indeed:

Meh, i'm just pissed off when i see stories like fierce link's. Perhaps we have got a bit OT, the original question was "are the BNP racist?" I think the simple answer is no, but they can be conceived as such.

"The BNP are too extreme in their ideas and carry too bad a reputation to ever be really taken seriously."

You say that Guy, but a worrying amount of people vote for them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/vote2004/locals/html/scoreboard.stm

And yes, both BNP and Hitler have/had some good policies, but anyone who praises Hitler in any way, however restrained, is playing a very dangerous game and it generally isn't a good idea to do it.

I personaly oppose multiculturalism, as it undermines the host culture.

Our host culture is the result of thousands of years of multiculturalism. Britain has taken on lots of things from pretty much every culture which has entered the country.

I'm not sure that some of you people realise that just about every racist/fascist political party scatters the odd 'good' policy throughout their manifesto's. Just so they can't be called 'totally evil'.

I'm not totally up with the BNP, being an Aussie, but I did see a docco on the party a few years back. And I tell you now, they are bigoted white dickheads. End of story.

Ah, the joys of nationalists, a constant source of ammusement.

Want to see some really arrogant dickheads try to have a level, balanced discussion? Then jump along to the National Front's main website's forums, to see the worlds greatest geographical, historical, and down-right intelligence problems!

It's both very, very worrying, and very, very funny!

They seem to think that every Muslim is from Pakistan, and everyone from Pakistan is a Muslim.

Since when was Morocco in Pakistan, and since when was my mate Jonny Boyd(he's from Pakistan) a Muslim?

Calling a Moroccon a Pakistani is like calling a Canadian Ecuadorian...

That's a long way!

Retards.

Oh, the BNP are definitely racist. They've realised that spouting racism isn't going to get them any votes, so now they try to looks respectable and tap into people's fears. And it's working.

They have some policies you like? Well of course they do, they're going to want you to sympathisse with them. In with the Nazi analogy - The Nazi's did pretty much the same.

For example, in the police they aim to get a certain % ethnic minorites officers. This is blatant anti-white discrimination. It is only because it is anit-white that it gets swept under the carpet. the media is not interested in the interests of the majority, but rather the vocal ethnic minority that forever play the victim, pull the race card and promote multiculturalism.

Ever consider that perhaps having some police officers of an ethnic minority allows for them to have specific understanding of certain situations? Saying that a small percentage of the force must be of an ethnic minority isn't discrimination to whites. Why shouldn't the police be forced to reflect the mixed ethnicity of the civilian population?

I just think the traditional values, that made us British are worth protecting. Some people are in such a rush to "diversify" they are willing to sacrifice their own national identity - the bnp is not.

What exactly do you mean by traditional values? And how are they being threatened? Cultures are always in a state of change. It seems kinda xenophobic when the dominant majority starts shitting itself the moment a guy down the street wants to prey to a different god and cook curry five nights a week.

britain has always been a bit of a mungral in terms of heritage etc etc i mean we got invaded countless times, our language is a fabulous bastard hybrid of several european languages and changes all the time. multiculturalism is just another step in the evolution of what it is to be british and the thought of 'preserving' britishness' and keeping england for the english etc is lunacy.

the reason britain is so great is because of our morals, fairness and equality generally.

I personaly oppose multiculturalism, as it undermines the host culture. (just look at BBC Asian Network, and that black music bbc radio station, can you imagine a "BBC White network"?)

And just chiming in to say I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Culture and race are not the same thing. There is an Asian network to reflect the 'Asian culture', not the 'race'. There is a 'Black music sub culture' to represent ' black music', and not the 'race'. There is not a 'White' network, because it's not about race; it's down to culture. And for that, you have Radio 1, Radio 2, Capital FM, Kiss 100 etc. which are in tune with the 'British culture' of today.

The BNP have got it right with a lot of their policies. Like the education, agriculture, combatting against political correctness and ideas about Northern Ireland (I'm a catholic).

However, i don't entirely agree with their more racist policies. I think all the chinese and polish people are a right laugh but those who any anti-british beliefs like some hardcore muslims should be not allowed into britain.

It's both very, very worrying, and very, very funny!

They seem to think that every Muslim is from Pakistan, and everyone from Pakistan is a Muslim.

Since when was Morocco in Pakistan, and since when was my mate Jonny Boyd(he's from Pakistan) a Muslim?

Calling a Moroccon a Pakistani is like calling a Canadian Ecuadorian...

That's a long way!

Retards.

Exactly, I'm from Pakistan and I'm not a muslim, I just hope people have learnt from the past and what happened in Germany enough not to make the same mistake twice.

The BNP only care for the survival of the native white race of these islands, and there's nothing wrong with that. There are massive arrivals of immigrants from Asian/Black backgrounds that are making the population explode and making the white numbers smaller. The BNP won't go around killing asians/blacks, they won't humilate them in public etc like the Nazi party did (alot of people compare the Nazi party to the BNP, complete fools) they just want smaller immigration numbers.

britain has always been a bit of a mungral in terms of heritage etc etc i mean we got invaded countless times, our language is a fabulous bastard hybrid of several european languages and changes all the time. multiculturalism is just another step in the evolution of what it is to be british and the thought of 'preserving' britishness' and keeping england for the english etc is lunacy

What a load of leftie crap. We have been invaded countless times, yes, by white European colonies with basically the same culture/religon etc.. not by Asian/Black colonies, so it's totally different.

I'm not totally up with the BNP, being an Aussie, but I did see a docco on the party a few years back. And I tell you now, they are bigoted white dickheads. End of story.

Was there any need to say 'white' in that? That was quite offensive and if you said black instead of white the whole forum would be cussing you out.

The BNP only care for the survival of the native white race of these islands, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yes there is, race is completely arbitrary. You're proud of something that you have no control over, and did nothing to enhance in any way, and has no effect on you as a person? Oh ok, that's completely rational there, buddy.

What a load of leftie crap. We have been invaded countless times, yes, by white European colonies with basically the same culture/religon etc.. not by Asian/Black colonies, so it's totally different.

The Celts, Romans and Anglo-saxons all had the same culture? Sweet Jesus. And do tell, how exactly has race played any role in the development of Britiain? I'm fairly sure pigment doesn't play a vital role in people's actions.

Yes there is, race is completely arbitrary. You're proud of something that you have no control over, and did nothing to enhance in any way, and has no effect on you as a person? Oh ok, that's completely rational there, buddy.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm proud of the amount of contribution to the world that has come from this country, yes I havn't done anything to ehance in any way, but I'm still proud of what people in the past have done to help, enhance and educate the world - all from this tiny country, mainly by the indigenous white British people. Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, William Shakespeare, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Horatio Nelson and many more. You're saying these people havn't effect you as a person? They havn't made your lives easier in any way? You havn't learnt more?

What the hell are you talking about? I'm proud of the amount of contribution to the world that has come from this country, yes I havn't done anything to ehance in any way, but I'm still proud of what people in the past have done to help, enhance and educate the world - all from this tiny country, mainly by the indigenous white British people. Charles Darwin, Isaac Newton, William Shakespeare, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Horatio Nelson and many more. You're saying these people havn't effect you as a person? They havn't made your lives easier in any way? You havn't learnt more?

And you've gone and mixed up culture with race. Shakespear was a great poet, who happenned to be white, and who happenned to have a moustache. Should we be proud of his moustache too? After all, it's just as pointless to his character as his race. He contributed greatly to British culture. But his race has no impact on it.

There are massive arrivals of immigrants from Asian/Black backgrounds that are making the population explode and making the white numbers smaller.

The current white population of the United Kingdom is 54.85 million people, or 92.1% of the total population. I don't think we need to worry about white people becoming an ethnic minority in the UK.

tbh, i think its thinly disguised and they won't admit it. But IMO we need someone to speak out for white interests. There are so many pressure groups and people in the media, constantly complaining about anti-minority racism and campaigning for this that and the other.

That I agree. Something I've wondering about for a long time. For me, there's also the element of extreme levels of so called "commision for racial-equality", which sometimes comes across extreme on the other end of the scale.

To me, the BNP is trying to represent the host culture of britain (which is basically the "white", traditional one). The idea of multiculturalism is to enjoy the diversity of other cultures. Unfortunately this has been at the expense of the host culture.

That way of looking at it opens a can of worms. If we were to look at it that way, it would transpire that the reason why the "host culture" is in the state it is in now is because of the British Empire - the very thing the "host culture" thrived on. The people of "host culture" then becomes responsible for looking after those "other cultures" and their welfare. In other words, the way it is now is the consequence of what the "host culture" did all those years ago.

No, I don't quite look at it that way.

the bnp is trying to readress the balance. if sticking up for the host culture is "racist", so be it!

That's where I begin to disagree. I don't think you quite got the point of my last post.

I was not questioning about "trying to redress the balance". In fact I support it. But I'm questioning how such policies are manifested - in other words, HOW it's achieved and HOW the issue is tackled. If BNP had any dignity and decency they claim to have, they would have a much more deplomatic and sensitive approach to the subject. So far, a large bulk of BNP has been sentiments without substance, hardly constructive.

In the end, push comes to shove, the reason why 'racist' tag comes with BNP is because of the manner in which they project themselves. It's like Robert Kilroy-Silk (though a different party), who had some good points to make, yet the manner in which he presented himself was his down fall. He discredited himself, not because everything he said was wrong, but because his approach was to start with a sentiment then justify it with *some* academic work (a lot of which turned out to be rubbish). He's a laughing stock now.

For example, in the police they aim to get a certain % ethnic minorites officers. This is blatant anti-white discrimination.

I agree. I've generally been against so called positive discrimination.

I just think the traditional values, that made us British are worth protecting. Some people are in such a rush to "diversify" they are willing to sacrifice their own national identity - the bnp is not.

If the manner in which BNP present themselves was anything to go by, that is hardly "traditional values". It's ironic if that's what they were trying to 'protect'. That's just hate driven politics, scavenging for reasons to justify their sentiments, then fashion a policy out of it. That's back-to-front. Just because we don't want to sacrifice the traditional values does not mean we have to get offensive.

It seems that you and I share a lot in common in terms of wanting to defend the old values. The difference is that I don't agree with how BNP is going about it, while you seem to be happy just because you like their sentimentalism.

The way it stands at the moment, BNP's greatest enemy is wisdom & cultivation of the public; a fair level of education and sound reasoning skills would tear away their guise. Irrational, sentimental values can be fudged to appear rational, so long as you can appeal to people at emotional level. But there is a limit to how far passion alone can go under the microscope if it lacks integrity and sensitive strategy.

Say, if you had a house full of flies you want to get rid of. One party may tackle it by spraying inside, while another party may suggest bulldozing the whole town. The fact that you want to get rid of those flies may be the same, but your wisdom will tell you which way is more constructive.

Interesting posts have been made here, i would like to add, some points:

it does muslims no favours when some "cleric" claims that this country will be a islamic state, that fuels hatred and paranoia.

false information about GB needs to stop spreading. it leaves people dissapointed.

And just chiming in to say I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Culture and race are not the same thing. There is an Asian network to reflect the 'Asian culture', not the 'race'. There is a 'Black music sub culture' to represent ' black music', and not the 'race'. There is not a 'White' network, because it's not about race; it's down to culture. And for that, you have Radio 1, Radio 2, Capital FM, Kiss 100 etc. which are in tune with the 'British culture' of today.

Exactly. There are Asian/other networks simply to cater for those groups. You don't get a "white-network" because that's what the normal BBC is. Normal TV is for the average, white, British, citizen. There are the odd programmes for other cultures.

A lot of people here have some sort of "playground" culture. They take for granted what they actually already have and think someone else is getting special treatment. When really all they're getting is the same.

o.o;;; I'm shocked at some of the comments in this thread...... BNP no racist? Since when? Since they decided they were going to hide it? Since they realised they can't impose these racist views on the UK without getting into power yet... Maybe they just realised racists don't get into power? Which one of these makes them not racist?

Lets tackle this anyway....

No 1) The BNP isn't racist just some of the members.....

Well, the BNP in itself can't technically get called racist.... It's not a person... It has no views.... Therefore you can only base it on the members views.... Now the majority of the members well yeah they are racist.... Doesn't matter if they admit it or not... A gay person who hasn't come out of the closet yet is still gay.... :-/

No 2) Lets preserve white culture (no not english apparently as all white cultures are exactly the same.... or something).....

Hmmm good idea..... It's a shame I don't know what period of time your talking about though.... We could go back quite a while....... We get a queen/king in control, invade the shit outta some countries start up the british empire again it'll be a right laugh... Then again we will end up with those fantastic imports we got last time round and be back in mixed culture territory again....... *shrug*

Randomness asside, seriously what time period are you talking about? And what exactly is white culture? I'm not to sure..... I guess it's errmmm what we live in now..... Yeah that's probably it..... :-/

No 2 was really odd. :-/

No 3) Quota's are they good or bad? err......

Them quota's are in place to stop racism spreading in the police force.... It starts at the base level... People refusing to hire ethnic minorities (who are good enough) because well they are racist.... Then you take the next step up, ethnic minorities feel uncomfortable with an all white police force...... Why? Well because they fear they will be picked out in racist attacks by people who are meant to be protecting them. Not like it hasn't happened before.

Whilst it may give the oh noes we are getting descriminated against impression.... What's to say these people who are picked wouldn't get picked above the random white guy in a completely fair world anyway? What's to say that the police force, fire services, etc.. would be majority white? :-/

Hmmm what else was there...........

4) BNP need to improve there image.....

No personally I think it's fine just as they are...... The majority know they are racist and that's how it should be..... The moment they convince people they aren't I'm leaving this country... (actually I'm probably leaving before then as I can't see it happening..... well ever....)

5) Different cultural channels...

Ermmm well, if they shoved all the stuff on the seperate channels on the regular BBC they would get a lot less viewers... But, there are still people who want to watch the content on these channels... Now seeing as the BBC is meant to be for everyone in Britain don't you think it only makes sence to create them?

There are some more things I wanted to comment on and I lost the quotes and yeah..... This is my lame attempt at answering everything in one go...... Not that anyone asked me the questions... ^^;

We were watching a program about them in Sociology today actually. About the youth section and their 'leader' Mark Collet. It was filmed by a journalist who told the guy he would be filming him, but then secretly filmed him when he obviously thought the camera was off saying that he would rather bring his children up in '30s Germany than Oldham in 2002. He said he could tell a Jew just by looking at him, he then said that the journalist looked similar to himself. The journalist was Jewish by racial decent.

Defintely racist.

The program was called "Young, Nazi and Proud" by the way, not sure when they first showed it, we saw it on a video.

Sign in to follow this