NEurope
pulipinty

Revolution hardware - the real revolution

Nintendo Blue? Blue?

1) I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo had yet to decide 100% on the final name.

2) "Nintendo are releasing the Blue in Red, green, silver, white and black"

yes that works. a black blue, or a white blue. perhaps in the future they will release a blue blue?

3)I'm a relative of Iwata's, and I don't think the revolutions final name will be "blue"

now whos lying??????????????????? :wtf:

As for the original post - I'm really not convinced. If the Revo really could outdo xbox and Sony at a fraction of the cost, that would be like a dream come true. And there is the problem - it's probably still just a DREAM! Although I believe Iwata when he says that Revo graphics will at least be comprable to rival-consoles graphics (which I actually doubt will be as good as "seen" at E3 - see below)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-09-12&res=l

Actually, I'm a phyics student at uni and we get loads of information about modern tech and stuff, anyway, CPU and graphics card technology are very closely interlinked, thier beasically the same thing used in a sligtly different way. Anywayone of the articles that got me interested was one about moore's law,(every couple of years processing power doubles). Completely ingoring quantum processing, as thats in a workable state, just not nearlyas optomised and well researched as silicon processing, moores law is physically possible to be able to continue for at least another 12 years. Basically all the leading processor companies have just drawn up a roadmap, in which they are all working to plausable goals in the next 12 years. Everything in the roadmap is possible, but we need to find ways to overcome manufacturing problems and heat dissipation etc.

The bottom line is by 2016 its probable that we will have 30Ghtz processors using silicon technology. Thats a pesimistic estimate as well. However it wont be that likely to be able to get faster using silicon technolgy, and that that will only be available to high cost industry etc. Eventually however that will get down to general computer and console use. So im guessing that in a few console generations we'll easilly have the processing power tobe able to do raytracing and other such high end graphic things. Photo realism in real time is very possible in the near future, and i think inintendo is definaterly going the right way, as eventually everyone and thier pocket calculator will have photorealisic graphics. (more information see the september 2005 volume of physics world)

and before you ask i dont buy it, i get it free as part of my course.

Well, since very much people don't know what ray-tracing is and what it does, I think that, in this case, seeing is believing LOL:D!!

Go HERE and download the benchmark!! By the way, after trying this benchmark, send the creators of this project your results to support and improve this great project:D:D!!!!

well, uh, I forgot to tell you this:don't rely on yours Nvidia's or Ati's on this one. If you have a low-end processor (like me!), then forget it.

And now i'm just going to shut up, this is going WAY off-topic ;) ...

Actually, I'm a phyics student at uni and we get loads of information about modern tech and stuff, anyway, CPU and graphics card technology are very closely interlinked, thier beasically the same thing used in a sligtly different way. Anywayone of the articles that got me interested was one about moore's law,(every couple of years processing power doubles). Completely ingoring quantum processing, as thats in a workable state, just not nearlyas optomised and well researched as silicon processing, moores law is physically possible to be able to continue for at least another 12 years. Basically all the leading processor companies have just drawn up a roadmap, in which they are all working to plausable goals in the next 12 years. Everything in the roadmap is possible, but we need to find ways to overcome manufacturing problems and heat dissipation etc.

The bottom line is by 2016 its probable that we will have 30Ghtz processors using silicon technology. Thats a pesimistic estimate as well. However it wont be that likely to be able to get faster using silicon technolgy, and that that will only be available to high cost industry etc. Eventually however that will get down to general computer and console use. So im guessing that in a few console generations we'll easilly have the processing power tobe able to do raytracing and other such high end graphic things. Photo realism in real time is very possible in the near future, and i think inintendo is definaterly going the right way, as eventually everyone and thier pocket calculator will have photorealisic graphics. (more information see the september 2005 volume of physics world)

and before you ask i dont buy it, i get it free as part of my course.

Hmmm verry interesting! you got me thinking!! But do you think Nintendo has it? :unsure:

What I meant by the GPU remark was that since today, most 3D games heavily rely on the GPU to look beautiful and run fast, they do, but raytracing still depends heavily on the CPU making it hard to fast.

Or well something. No raytracing GPUs basically.

And I'm very positive there will be other techs used instead of raytracing, infact, many 3D movies done today doesn't use ray-tracing, becouse it takes so long to render, and it's a bit hard to control.

ok

let the lie stop

i will post the real tec spec of the weak console:D

but not all are real.. i mean there are still more tec spec coming:P

i got this tec spec

from wikipedia, where my friend was telling me, the wikipedians are fake:P

Processors:

IBM PowerPC CPU "Broadway":

No further details.

ATI GPU "Hollywood":

The graphics card is believed to be being developed by the same team formerly known as the Californian firm ArtX which developed the graphics chip of both the Gamecube and its predecessor, the Nintendo 64, before being purchased by ATI.

Memory:

1T-SRAM by MoSys

No further details.

512 MB built-in flash memory

Replaces the function of an internal hard drive.

Will be used to store:

Revolution game save data

Downloaded games

Game demos

Patches or upgrades

Ports and peripherals:

Two USB 2.0 ports.

No proprietary serial ports announced.

All Nintendo consoles to date have a serial port.

Wireless controllers.

A single proprietary output for video and audio.

A dongle enabling DVD playback.

4 Nintendo GameCube controller ports and 2 Nintendo GameCube memory card ports (for compatibility).

Optional USB PC-compatible 802.11b wireless router.

Media:

Slot loading optical disc drive compatible with both 12 cm and 8 cm proprietary optical discs (again, for GameCube compatibility) as well as standard DVD discs.

2 front loading SD memory card slots.

Networking:

Wi-Fi by the Broadcom Corporation:

Built-in 802.11b & 802.11g support.

No Ethernet port.

Final version could be smaller than the presented E³ prototype, "about the size of three stacked standard DVD cases" (as quoted from the conference).

demonmike, no no i'm not one of those morons ;) if i was i wouldn't be getting eye strain from no sleep thanks to meteos lol ;)

all i meant was that by the sounds of some people on here the revolution will be noticeabley less powerful than the other machines, what i meant was that there are a lot of people out there who look at the DS, see that it's a less powerful machine than the psp (on the surface) and write off all the innovative additions as "gimmicky". if nintendo produce a machine capable of holding its own against the others (the cube was, after all, more powerful than the ps2) >and< have the innovation as it's main selling point they can't fail.

ok, so maybe suicide was too strong a word lol, sorry that i came across wrong there, but i can't see it doing them any favours if they don't have the technology to back up the innovation.

i already know, no matter what the specs are, that the revo will be the best machine out there because of what ninty have already released about it, but what of those "morons" as you so rightly called them? unfortunately they make up a large part of the user base that nintendo would like to bring in this time around.

i am!

i got sick when fans started chating crap about the controller

now it has been released, its getting worst, becuase fanboys know the controller isn't all that, so they lie to them self by saying its da best

i am sick of it, after the release of the PAD, the tech spec is going on

but i am not really sick of the tech spec because the one i posted is right for me

100%:D

WOW, how many times in one day can a guy be wrong?!

"tech spec because the one i posted is right for me 100%" - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!

I won't go to school on you again because i have done in previous posts but seriously, actually look at what you're typing?! You don't stop contradicting yourself half the time!

i am!

i got sick when fans started chating crap about the controller

now it has been released, its getting worst, becuase fanboys know the controller isn't all that, so they lie to them self by saying its da best

i am sick of it, after the release of the PAD, the tech spec is going on

but i am not really sick of the tech spec because the one i posted is right for me

100%:D

Go and talk about how bad the Revolution is somewhere else please. We don't want to hear it here.

lol

are you sure you are 23?

cuz 23 don't go on about what they have done

yes

i am 100% sure the tech spec is right, but some more features will come out

i work for wikipedai, they are never wrong

no more commet on your mr 23, you are a waste,

a boy trying to have a fight

lol

are you sure you are 23?

cuz 23 don't go on about what they have done

yes

no more commet on your mr 23, you are a waste,

a boy trying to have a fight

you see, once more he doesn't make any sense! what's that about?! :confused:

Well seeing as wikipedia is user-written, I guarantee you, some of it is wrong.

If you're so sure the specs are right. How come it only acts as a wireless b router but also works with wireless g, why isn't it a g router? G is standard now, I doubt Nintendo would give it a b router. I think it's more likely a g and can be used with b.

I don't really understand why people are speculating about specs. Nobody knows and out of all the hardware companies Nintendo is the one who's spec sheet is a very bad measure.

It wouldn't be so bad if almost every thread hadn't been infected by a certain form of arguing today.

so... kav you are the only one that knows the right tech spec

23 year old that loves to troll and argue

yes morai the wikipedia will be wrong when nintendo full reviews the full tech spec

but for now they are right

yes morai the wikipedia will be wrong when nintendo full reviews the full tech spec

but for now they are right

How can they be right for now? They are right or wrong and as nobody knows the specs they will be wrong. Everyone will be...

Oh and it's reveal...

are you dumb?

the tec spec has been release

you are still young ...you don't know how to do researches

some of the tech specs has been released but not fully?

do you know a site called GR?

Please tell me you aren't talking about games radar.

Nintendo haven't released the specs yet. They have not been finalised. Stop wasting everyone's time as you freely keep on hopping between fact and speculation. And also one of the headlines on gamesradar is that "Resi 5 not ruled out".

And your English is horrible btw.

btw?

what is that?

anway maybe you kids are getting confused with the name and tech spec

i am talking about the tec spec you kids must mean the name