NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Your idea for using the controller.

Tetris, where you can just rotate the controller to rotate the blocks.

Or maybe not.

I guess it could be used to simulate most situations where long items are used, eg. in a repair work shop you can use it like a spanner to fix stuff, or something like that.

Football games. Imagine being able to hit the ball only as hard as you swing the controller? I think that would open up loads of new possibilities.

I was thinking along the football line but with the point a click method on free kicks allowing you to pin point exactly where you kick the ball... if you get what i mean :P

Been thinking about this today, and came up with some quite intresting uses:

Wave Race: Hold hte controller sideways, like the handlebars of a jet ski. You could tilt left and right for steering, pull back and forwards to tilt the craft etc. Could get some very realistic controlls for this.

Pilotwings: Similar, but with the hand glider.

Zelda: Along with the regular slashing you could perform blocking moves, by holding the controller (sword) in a certain position. Thowing the boomerang could be simulated with the controller...endless posibilities.

Mario: Still don't see how this would work. The vid showing the Japanese Lady making Mario jump by shaking the controller loked a bit wiered.

Infact, almost anything that involves the interaction with a machine and/or object can be simulated in a far more realistic manner than on any conventional controller.

With a camera (that part is very eyetoy like) that detects people/movement in a room 2 people stood parallel to the camera facing each other and the controllers would work as virtual swords. You could fight your opponent (=mate) and have to imagine the blade (since you only have the controller in your hands and don't know how long exactly the blade would be) or there is a blade add on. On screen your game would be displayed with blood and cool effects and a health bar and could also feature a replay function.

Im sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I think it will really suit a painting or air brush type of game (or mini gmae) giving you precise control and a fresh new feel to it.

Imagine yourself personalising your own F Zero machine or Need for Speed car using the new contoller!!

A graffiti game would be super sweet.

I agree. If it was multiplayer, then even better! Hopefully someone very important is checking out this forum and will listen to us. :heh:

Playing a Star Wars or any flying game. The flying would be realistic and the aiming easier.

Mario Kart twurling controller to turn.

Rugby game where you have to move the controller before someone tackles you, and you can move really easily.

A graffiti game would be super sweet.

I agree!

I said in my post that it would be great for games such as Jet Set Radio or Tony Hawks; you could enter first person mode, hold up the can, hold down 'A' to spray and move the controller around to create your picture/tag!

I read someone elses idea somewhere of using the controller as a torch for games such as Doom, Resi etc..

I think this is a great idea; again, press 'A' to click your torch on and off and then move it around with the controller.

I love these kind of ideas where the controller itself actually becomes an in game object in a way; spray can, torch, fishing rod etc...

it's a whole new way to immerse yourself in the game (makes you much more a part of it somehow!).

Sign in to follow this