NEurope
Retro_Link

New Tales game to be unveiled soon!! for Wii??

060613_tales_title.gif

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5362

Namco Set to Unveil New Tales RPG Next Week

With fans of the Tales RPG series eagerly awaiting news on Tales of the Tempest on the DS from Namco, the company's official website indicates a new addition to the bustling franchise will be announced on 20th June, 2006. Could this be the untitled Wii RPG project from Namco-Bandai?

Would be awesome news if this was Tales for the Wii!!

Tales of Symphonia was a great success, Tales of the Tempest is bound to enjoy even greater success (what with the number of people who own a DS), so a Tales game on Wii (with all the hype and interest it's getting) is extremely likely!!

WOO HOO! Hopefully it will be on the Wii, although I heard rumours a while back that they planned on doing a Tales game for the 360. It will be interesting to see which platform it will get released on.

its very likely.I would like it.I will show up that castlevania guy who said the wii isnt meant for long games

yeah, I wouldn't bet on a tales Wii just yet... maybe a PS3 version in the works, or maybe still for the PS2.

The wii could well be the place for rpg fans, what with square showing their support with crystal chronicles and dragon quest.

The wii could well be the place for rpg fans, what with square showing their support with crystal chronicles and dragon quest.
it might, but it's not proven ground, those titles need to be sucessful before that happens, same with DS. the developers were not that certain about it... only now the RPG's are coming, even in Japan they took a while before anouncement and such.

Namco knows their actual major userbase for tales games (in japan) should have PS2's, so they might go with that... all in all... I didn't see anything in the news that points towards a Tales on Wii.

I'm not counting on it, although I'd love it to happen at some point.

Namco knows their actual major userbase for tales games (in japan) should have PS2's, so they might go with that... all in all... I didn't see anything in the news that points towards a Tales on Wii.

I'm not counting on it, although I'd love it to happen at some point.

Yeah it could be for PS2, though it has had Tales of Legendia!

Regarding next-generation, I think Namco may be less certain about the Japanese userbase owning PS3's over the Wii (especially considering the price)!

So far the Japanese reaction to the Wii has been sensational, with the console topping many anticipation poles etc...

The interest in the Wii over the PS3 at E3 is going to get all developers attention (as shown in cases such as Take-Two's recent statement)!

Namco may try a 360 version, but again it's not that popular in Japan! The PS3 costs alot as a console and is expensive to develop for (though that shouldn't trouble Namco)!

I think a Tales game for the Wii (with it's high levels of interest and low development costs) is very likely!

Yeah it could be for PS2, though it has had Tales of Legendia!
and before it, it had Tales of Destiny 2 and Tales of Symphonia, and after legendia it had Tales of the Abyss (yet to come out outside japan, but anounced).

Regarding next-generation, I think Namco may be less certain about the Japanese userbase owning PS3's over the Wii (especially considering the price)!

So far the Japanese reaction to the Wii has been sensational, with the console topping many anticipation poles etc...

Maybe so, the question is if it is enough to make Namco jump boat.

And Sony might pay for the exclusive. Just like they might have paid for ToS to be ported over.

Namco may try a 360 version, but again it's not that popular in Japan! The PS3 costs alot as a console and is expensive to develop for (though that shouldn't trouble Namco)!
A X360 version is out of question, it's not gonna happen, as Namco decides it's platforms due to sales in japan, ToS sold about the same on Ps2 and GC ( actually a little more in PS2 considering the extras who spoiled the GC sales momentum and the extra userbase PS2 had, still not more than 50.000 units more.)

And still namco made Tales of series exclusive to Playstation... notice that outside Japan ToS sold more than both versions on ToS (PS2 and GC) in japan, with America ranking in more than 400.000 units (Tos didn't reach the 700.00 units in japan with both versions combined)...

Also according to april NPD.... ToS sold more units than the newer Tales of Legendia:

Symphonia 4,080 units, total 443,847

Legendia 3,509 units, total 41,100

Phantasia 8,254 units, total 30,284

seeing this numbers we know why a X360 version won't happen, if it did it would sell 30.000 units in japan and 50.000 in US, at best.

What namco felt with ToS is that it was spliting the japanese market in half, as average sales for a "tales of" game in japan rank over 600.000 they just sold less than 100.000 more that doesn't justify 2 versions for two consoles.

Still ToS gave a run for it's money on any other Tales game sold outside japan, Europe also has more than 200.000 units sold so it might even surpass worldwide what the japanese version sold.

Ultimately ToP-GBA released at about the same time as ToL is selling more, so Tales sells better outside Japan... in Nintendo consoles.

I think a Tales game for the Wii (with it's high levels of interest and low development costs) is very likely!
If I were Nintendo I'd even pay for Wii to get a Tales of the Abyss port, as it is the spiritual sequel to ToS; Legendia isn't even done by the same Team...

WOOOOOO, Im really hoping for another ToS (prequel or sequel) I just want another one. That game was AWESOME.

Oh man I hope it's for the Wii,would be damn good if it was.Can't wait till next week!

I was hoping that the Tales OF series would be for Nintendo as Final Fantasy is for Sony but its all cool I suppose, as long as we get a slice of the pie I'm happy.

ToS was indeed a great game and hopefully we will get another Tale of game which is just as good if not better! :D

If it's for the Wii, I can add another must-buy to my wishlist.

I loved Tales of Symphonia, and I can really do with another RPG in the style and the universe of the Tales series. Allthough I must admit I haven't played Tales of Phantasia much, but I blame that on the semi-manual mode ;).

:D!!!

Best news since E3...well aslong as it is on Wii (or 360) that is.

But I'm more confident than anything that it is for Wii, after all you've all seen on the 3rd party list of confirmed games for Wii 'Untitled Tales RPG' haven't you?

I hope it is a new Symphonia with the same characters. Prequel or sequel I don't mind.

Ok this is probably bullshit speculation but is the green colour of the text hinting it's on 360?

Ok this is probably bullshit speculation but is the green colour of the text hinting it's on 360?

It looks a different shade of green to me.

I'd say it's likely for the Wii as Namco-Bandi has an TBA game coming out for the Wii so this should be it. I need to buy ToS. *goes off to amazon*

Sorry to disappoint you all (including me) but the reccent Tales of ... announcement was according to Famitsu PS2 either for PS2, PS3 or PSP - that is what Gamefront.de wrote this morning on their page.

The Wii needs to get one, too. Tales of Symphonia was a big success on the GameCube.

This time the disc size is actually big enough to get some more of that awesome anime in it. It's such a shame a lot was cut out of the Cube version :sad:

Square-Enix are getting attached to Nintendo, I think it will be on the Wii. If not, I will remove their heads with spoons.