NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
|Laguna|

Magazines

I bought the first issue of ONM and thought it was an improvement, but I don't intend on buying it regularly, although I'm tempted to get the latest one for the DVD.

I did just that and I'm glad I did. The DVD covers every Wii and DS game and has a shortened Nintendo press conference.

The mag has lots to read, but obviously won't tell you much you don't already know.

Does anybody buy and 360 magazines? I know this is a Nintendo forum but alot of people do own and enjoy 360's as seen in the other consoles board...

EDGE, for obvious reasons.

and because I'm a nerd: Essential X Men and The Astonishing Spiderman.

all good and less than a tenner combined =)

Ive only ever bought ngc... after their review of starfox adventure, i had complete respect for those guys, even if they may have overated many over games... does anyone know when the new ngc will be release?

On another note, as there aren't specific threads for each magazine, and this is a thread only about magazines I nominate scores and magazine details should be posted here, instead of a new thread being made for each magazine, each month.

But anywho, here are ONM's small selection of review scores.

New Super Mario Bros. (DS) - 96%

Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar (GBA) - 71%

Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) - 64%

Puyo Pop Fever (DS) - 68%

X-Men: The Official Game (GC) - 62%

Dragon Booster (DS) - 27%

SMB score seems to be very inflated in comparison to other reviews. But I haven't played it so I can't pass personal judgement.

Does anybody buy and 360 magazines? I know this is a Nintendo forum but alot of people do own and enjoy 360's as seen in the other consoles board...

I read them on lunch breaks, why?

Now tell me ONM isn't biased...

Not really, viewtiful joe, mario 64 and yoshis touch and go all scored under 90%.

Not really, viewtiful joe, mario 64 and yoshis touch and go all scored under 90%.

But all those games blatantly deserved to get below 90% Many people find NGC biased against sega (in particular sonic) but then again 3d sonic games are crap anyway.

But they were all released some time before the magazine's launch. Since ONM launched, they've been hyping up all the big first party releases, then giving them inflated scores. Animal Crossing is an excellent example of this. The whole magazine reads as though it was written by Nintendo's marketing department, it's a joke. :mad:

How dare the Official Magazine overrate and hype Nintendo games!:mad:

I mean how dare they give Fifa Street 2 36% that game was gangsta.

It's not as if they're paid to make Nintendo games look good....

gamesTM #45

gtm0451fd.jpg

The cover in store looks as tacky as Jordan.

Scores

Okami 9

Winning Eleven 10 9

New Super Mario Bros 8

Hitman Blood Money 8

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody 8

Heroes of Might & Magic V 7

Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War 7

Rockstar Table Tennis 7

MotoGP 06 7

Dreamfall: Longest Journey 7

Auto Assault 6

Sensible Soccer 2006 5

Ninety-Nine Nights 5

SMT: Digital Devil Saga 5

X-Men Oficial Game 3

Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires 3

The DDS score seems very harsh compared to other reviews and comments I've heard. Anyone played it?

Good to see Magiacl Melody getting a good score, might just pick this up as I didn't purchase AWL, and MM is apparently the superior version of the two. Anyone got it on import?

Dissapointed with the Sensi score, especially after the glowing EuroGamer review, but I'm inclined to agree after playing the demo. It's great where it was in retro land, no need to drag it out and dirty it's name.

And the DreamFall score seems pretty high. I got it and it's barley a game, a good narrative yes, but that's all. The gameplay elements are dire to say the least.

Metal Hammer

The only magazine I now subscribe to. Sometimes they are factually incorrect but I do trust their album reviews and the range of bands they cover is a lot more varied than a certain other weekly metal mag which is only ever purchased as an emergency bog paper (although being shiny reminds me of old school days).

MacWorld

Used to subscribe but I tend to get most of the Mac news of the internet now. Luckily the subs department seem to have not realised I cancelled , and it is still being sent , long may it continue.

Also pick up MacFormat , Terrorizer , Total Guitar and Powerplay(Ice Hockey) periodically , although since getting on the web my magazine expenditure has dropped by a fair amount.

As for gaming mags , I quit them as soon as Cube folded , that was the only Nintendo mag that interested me and the multi-format ones don't interest me either.

i usually buy edge when we have it in stock at work (hardly ever) to read during my lunch break

ONM, especially this latest issue, is utter trash.

Why? Just curious, as I thought it was fairly allright, not great, but standard.

It makes more sense to give justification for your opinions, instead of just bare slamming. K?

I once bought one issue of NOM... it was the one with sonic on the front. I didnt like it at all: twas too small (especially when compared to the mammoth NGC at the time) and the reviews were just biased and rubbish.

Is ONM any better than NOM (as in are there any good peeps that now edit in ONM)?

PS Yay im a regular now. w00tage ttm.

I once bought one issue of NOM... it was the one with sonic on the front. I didnt like it at all: twas too small (especially when compared to the mammoth NGC at the time) and the reviews were just biased and rubbish.

Is ONM any better than NOM (as in are there any good peeps that now edit in ONM)?

PS Yay im a regular now. w00tage ttm.

ONM is completely completely different to NOM. Far better, under a completely different team. Buy it and see for yourself. It's only £4 quid, and you get a DVD of the E3 games, which is nice as although I've seen most of them, it's cool to see them on a nice TV.

Sign in to follow this