NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dark Wolf

Chrono Trigger help - MASSIVE SPOILERS

I'm basically near the end of the game and never bothered to finish it (shame on me). And I have no idea what to do. I've done the majority of the quests that the time dude told me to do, which help raise your stats, but Lavos is still too tough. At the moment I'm doing the thing that hovers above the land (I forget what it does). I haven't played the game in ages, so could someone also tell me what has happened up to this point (summary)? Thanks

Awesome, you enjoying it??

Here are my tips:

You have to do them all! Which quests haven't you done? Tell me the descriptions Gaspar gives you and I'll tell you how to do them, they are seriously important, not only for levelling up, but also because you get specific ulitmate weapons for your characters, such as the fully powered Masamune (from the Northern Ruins), The Prism Dress...or less effective Prism Helms from the Rainbow shell etc...

For your party I reccomend Crono, Marle and Lucca, but it really doesn't matter, you can have whoever you want. Checking my New Game + File, Crono, Marle and Lucca Have equipped:

Crono;

Shiva Edge

Vigil Hat

Nova Armour

Gold Stud

They all have their good qualities, but especially the Gold Stud, which reduces the MP usage by 75% which is useful, because you're going to be using Crono's techs...a lot.

Lucca has:

Wondershot

Vigil Hat

Zodiac Cape

Sun Shades

A lot of these are brilliant, and you can only get em by doing the quests Gaspar sends you on.

Marle:

Valkyrie

Vigil Hat

Prism Dress

Gold Erng

The gold erng is important here, because it ups her HP by 50% and this is important, because you're going to be using her Cure and Life 2 techs a lot.

There are 3 stages to lavos,

1st stage he is just the outer shell which looks like this:

Lavos_shell.jpg

2nd Stage, he looks more like a cross between cell (from dragonball z) and the mammon machine:

lavos_owned.jpg

3rd Stage is the true Lavos:

Lavos_Core.jpg

The first two require little tactics, I always just use a full out offensive, what tactics you will need to use are obvious from the game.

The third one however can be a tricky little bastard. The part you need to kill is not the central part (the part which does most of the damage) but the part on the right which has 30 000 hp (I know this because I had the sight scope equipped at the time) the centre one has 10 000 hp, and the left one has only 1 500 hp. Once you kill the one on the right, all three will die.

Now heres the tricky part. You need to kill the Centre part first, and it counterattacks with some seriously powerful magic/physical moves. Once he's down, the Rightmost bit will turn its defence off now watch out for this, because this is the focal point of the entire battle, once it does this, go all out, and attack with Luccas Mega Bomb, and Crono and Marle's double tech Ice Sword 2. It will take a long time, and you can't afford to be laid back for it....you have to go all out.

Also, what level are your characters?

Chrono Trigger Forever!

I've managed to kill the first one, but the second one wiped out my characters really fast. I think I have the Gold Stud, but I've been using the Gold Earing which ups your HP. I'll tell you later, when I get home, what quests I need to do. I think my guys are pretty weak tbh, I'll tell you what weapons and armour I have later.

edit: Should I do the thing floating above the land?

Clearly The Bard is in his element in this topic :grin:

Hehe, thanks...I do try...:heh:

I've managed to kill the first one, but the second one wiped out my characters really fast. I think I have the Gold Stud, but I've been using the Gold Earing which ups your HP. I'll tell you later, when I get home, what quests I need to do. I think my guys are pretty weak tbh, I'll tell you what weapons and armour I have later.

edit: Should I do the thing floating above the land?

Ok, don't worry about it, once you beat the lavos' outer shell, you have to get inside its body, and there is a save point here. Save the game, and you can then go back to the end of time, and from there go and finish the quests. If you don't want to do that, and are confidant you can beat lavos with the characters you have now, you should use marle to continuously heal your characters while continuously using Luminaire with Crono and Flare with Lucca. Good luck to ya :wink:

Thanks, although you didn't have to show a picture of the end boss :(

edit: The annoying thing is, I haven't played the game for quite a while, so it the ending won't seem quite as epic.

I'm pretty sure the rainbow sword is crono's strongest, not shiva edge.

No, I'm not entirely sure...I don't know, I always use shiva edge...I don't know why, perhaps because of the reference to shiva, which was the first proper summon you get in FF7, and the first time I saw it I was like "WOOOOOOOAH!!!!!" So im not sure how or where to get the Rainbow sword...but you get the Shiva Edge from the Northern Ruins.

Edit: Oops, sorry about the pic, I assumed that you had already gotten to that point otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. My bad.

I remember that battle! I can't remember the attacks I used, but my characters where very levelled up, I used attacks that hit 2 in one, I think I went middle and left first, with the focus on left, then focused on the middle.

bit of a struggle, but an awesome feeling when I killed it :)

also kinda sad, because I knew that was it, I'd reached the end. I'm not really one to go over games multiple times

mmm to get the rainbow blade, you need to complete a certain sidequest which is also the one that gets you Lucca's ultimate weapon. I don't remember it very well.

You need to get the moon stone (it's in 2300 AD in a cave called Sun Palace, get ruby armors or at least ruby equipment to resist fire, to fight the boss in the sun palace) place it in the sunkeep in 65000 BC and go to 2330 AD again to get the stone that's in the sun palace. WTF its gone! Go to 1000 AD to find the guy who stole it, don't remember who it is but I think his house is shining or has sparks over it or something. Now, the cool part. The guy is disonest so he wont give it to you, so go buy some jerky from a guy on the cafe for a lot of money. Go to AD 600 and go to the house of the guy who stole the sun stone. Give the woman there the jerky and she'll be all happy and stuff. Now, back to 1000 AD, talk to the guy, he's now honest and he'll give you the stone. Place it on the keep, go to 2300 AD and you have it!

This part I dont remember well, I think you need to go to the middle ages talk to some guy who knew an adventurer and he'll ask you to do something at the adventurer's grave. This way you'll know the location of Claw cave or something. Go there, beat the dungeon, get the rainbow shell. Now go to 1000 AD with Marle enter the castle do the obvious stuff, go to where the rbow shell is and melchior there will make the rainbow sword and marle's prism dress (her best armor). You also get Lucca's best weapon somewhere during this process. Hope this is right

I remember that battle! I can't remember the attacks I used, but my characters where very levelled up, I used attacks that hit 2 in one, I think I went middle and left first, with the focus on left, then focused on the middle.

bit of a struggle, but an awesome feeling when I killed it :)

also kinda sad, because I knew that was it, I'd reached the end. I'm not really one to go over games multiple times

Chrono Trigger has multiple endings.

mmm to get the rainbow blade, you need to complete a certain sidequest which is also the one that gets you Lucca's ultimate weapon. I don't remember it very well.

You need to get the moon stone (it's in 2300 AD in a cave called Sun Palace, get ruby armors or at least ruby equipment to resist fire, to fight the boss in the sun palace) place it in the sunkeep in 65000 BC and go to 2330 AD again to get the stone that's in the sun palace. WTF its gone! Go to 1000 AD to find the guy who stole it, don't remember who it is but I think his house is shining or has sparks over it or something. Now, the cool part. The guy is disonest so he wont give it to you, so go buy some jerky from a guy on the cafe for a lot of money. Go to AD 600 and go to the house of the guy who stole the sun stone. Give the woman there the jerky and she'll be all happy and stuff. Now, back to 1000 AD, talk to the guy, he's now honest and he'll give you the stone. Place it on the keep, go to 2300 AD and you have it!

This part I dont remember well, I think you need to go to the middle ages talk to some guy who knew an adventurer and he'll ask you to do something at the adventurer's grave. This way you'll know the location of Claw cave or something. Go there, beat the dungeon, get the rainbow shell. Now go to 1000 AD with Marle enter the castle do the obvious stuff, go to where the rbow shell is and melchior there will make the rainbow sword and marle's prism dress (her best armor). You also get Lucca's best weapon somewhere during this process. Hope this is right

Yeah, You get it from that, but instead I got Lucca to make her wondershot and Taban made the Sun Shades. I poured the pop on Toma's grave and he told me where the rainbow shell was, and with the rainbow shell I got made a Prism Dress for Marle, so I think that may have ruled out my getting the Rainbow Sword, which is fine, because I mostly use Crono's magic attacks, not his physical attacks.

Yeah, You get it from that, but instead I got Lucca to make her wondershot and Taban made the Sun Shades. I poured the pop on Toma's grave and he told me where the rainbow shell was, and with the rainbow shell I got made a Prism Dress for Marle, so I think that may have ruled out my getting the Rainbow Sword, which is fine, because I mostly use Crono's magic attacks, not his physical attacks.

Not really, you can get both the rainbow sword and the prism dress.

You must have the sun stone in order to make the rainbow sword, while the prism dress just needs the rainbow shell, when melchior makes the dress he makes the sword, if I remember correctly.

Incorrect. As soon as Lucca gets the Sun Stone she heads over to her house to make the wondershot. Taban then takes whats left of the sunstone to make the Sun Shades. That's what I remember anyway, and I've completed the game 17 times.

Incorrect. After you make the sun shades and wondershot you get the rest of the sunstone and then you can make rainbow sword.

Incorrect. For I am The Bard for that is who I am. Apart from me being the CT god that I am, Taban uses these exact words: I used the rest of the sun stones energy to make some sun shades. so it is pretty confusing. Anyway, you're probably right, but I went and booted up my snes and saw that I already had the Rainbow sword, even though I don't know how I got it, meh, that's strange, but I'll continue to use my Shiva Edge because checking the stats, it has the ability to do 4X critical damage and is thus the most powerful blade in the game, it is the updated form of the kali blade that you can recieve from Northern Ruins. So suck on a rusty spoon.

That means I was right and you got it with the prism dress :P

Anyway Rainbow has 70% critical rate, which imo is much more usefull than dealing 4x damage now and then.

Well, I suppose, but it's subject to opinion. Rainbow sword just sounds crap, where as shiva edge sounds awesome. Man, twas funny when I beat lavos with just basic weapons like Crono's wood sword equipped, when you can do that, you know you're good :heh:. In fact, on my new game + were all level 99 or there abouts with maximum techs, so I'm gonna try and complete the game without any accessories attatched, and just basic weapons...man I love that game so much.

...DAMAGE!

Sorry, but I couldn't resist any longer. The topic blurb on the front page was just...

*Wanders off*

Holy crap, we have yet another contender for jackass of the year, now did you find that you're not quite annoying enough without the random posts? Because I promise you, you are annoying enough, in fact, you're the number one contender for that world heavyweight annoyance crown.

I kid, I kid, :heh: man, I love quoting Scrubs.

I've got to Zeal in the Omen (the one with the two seperate hands) and I slowly got beaten to a pulp :(

Yeah, Zeal is a bitch, watch out, because everytime you attack the hands, they attack with life shave, which puts you down to 1 hp. which is why the best tactic to use is Luminaire with Crono, Flare with Lucca and Cure/Cure 2/Life 2 with Marle, who acts as the healer in this fight. You should also stock some Mega Elixirs (although these should be saved for the lavos fight).

Isn't max level ** instead of 99? Or am i confusing something?

EDIT: No, I'm pretty sure the max level in CT is ** not 99.

EDIT2: I also used Moon Armour instead of Nova armour.

Sign in to follow this