NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domstercool

Virgin offers sub-£50 PS2s

Virgin will tomorrow offer customers at its flagship London Megastores PS2 slimline hardware for £49.99 – as part of a cross-entertainment one-day ‘early bird’ sale.

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=520

Anyone near there who doesn't have a PS2 should go buy one now. Can't go wrong at that price.

Really was hoping to get a PS2 soon because of the SCIII exclusivity, but I can't make it into London that soon (and I haven't even got enough money at the mo anyway).

I wouldn't buy one unless it was literally free, and then I'd sell it on ebay. Possibly destroying one of them, and making a video of it.

I wouldn't buy one unless it was literally free, and then I'd sell it on ebay. Possibly destroying one of them, and making a video of it.

lmao. Yeah I don't want one even at that price, mainly based on the fact I hate Sony so much and it doesn't appeal to me massively. Call me 'ninty fanboy' this fanboy that, but I think of myself as more of a Sony 'hateboy,' because I don't have anything wrong with Microsoft/Sega etc, but Sony I hate.

*Awaits Domstercool to moan and groan about how much he loves stroking his ps2 and how he's so proud to have all systems*

lmao. Yeah I don't want one even at that price, mainly based on the fact I hate Sony so much and it doesn't appeal to me massively. Call me 'ninty fanboy' this fanboy that, but I think of myself as more of a Sony 'hateboy,' because I don't have anything wrong with Microsoft/Sega etc, but Sony I hate.

*Awaits Domstercool to moan and groan about how much he loves stroking his ps2 and how he's so proud to have all systems*

I really do hate fanboys....

Anyway, looking forward to picking up Burnout Revenge for £25!! and maybe another PS2 to sell off?!

We were just talking about budget PS2s in the common room today, there's a fair few who own Xbox and/or GameCube consoles and would like the opportunity to play the PS2's greatest hits at a budget price.

That's what I did with the PSone, and it was a blast. Shame this is only a London thing.

I'd like to play through MGS2/3, Ico, Katamari and quite a few others.

We were just talking about budget PS2s in the common room today, there's a fair few who own Xbox and/or GameCube consoles and would like the opportunity to play the PS2's greatest hits at a budget price.

That's what I did with the PSone, and it was a blast. Shame this is only a London thing.

I'd like to play through MGS2/3, Ico, Katamari and quite a few others.

Yep, ditto.

How much are PS2's going for now anyway? Shadow of the Collosus looks amazing.

I really do hate fanboys....

Anyway, looking forward to picking up Burnout Revenge for £25!! and maybe another PS2 to sell off?!

I'm a SEGA fanboy, not a Nintendo one.

I'm just here for the people.

Although the SNES and Nintendo 64 ARE fucking awesome. The NES was pretty damn sweet too.... Mega Man for the win.

*sighs at people missing great games*

Stocka are you trying to diss me? Just because I aren't a fanboy? ¬_¬

yea i saw that yesterday

SICK

but ps3 AKA we are entering next gen

so... wats the point of me buying it, and i have to start all over buying new games on ps2, ps3 can even play backup games

if i work/ rich/ have money i will get it:D

*sighs at people missing great games*

Stocka are you trying to diss me? Just because I aren't a fanboy? ¬_¬

Of course not, fanboys get on my nerves I love you the way you are, its just annoying when you talk about how proud you are to have all consoles, and think that everyone else should be the same but some of us can't afford it you say. not only that, but GC has offered enough to keep me satisfied this gen, and there have been enough of my favourite genres, RPGs, to keep me occupied. Yes, okay, PS2 has tons of them, and plenty I'm sure are amazing but i'm happy with what I've got and don't feel I should be pressurized to get a PS2 for RPGs just because I say Skies of Arcadia is my favourite RPG and you go on to say "Theres loads better on PS2 so you should get it."

Sorry Dom, no offense or anything but it just gets on my nerves. :kiss:

And anyway, I'm getting 360 and revolution for sure, and maybe even PS3 too just to let you know. And I'd rather wait till PS3 to play those PS2 games then get one now.

wat da f@k leave fan boys alone

if you diss fan boys of Microsoft xbox or ps2 fans

I WILL DEFINATELY OWN/ BOYD YOU

its a promise

cuz their are too many fan boys of mario, nintendo, gamecube, metroid and ssmb

and if they pick on xbox, ps2 or halo fans, they will be owned/boyed by me!:D

its a promise

How old are you mate?

its a promise

Haver's worst nightmare shows himself.

Of course not, fanboys get on my nerves I love you the way you are, its just annoying when you talk about how proud you are to have all consoles, and think that everyone else should be the same but some of us can't afford it you say. not only that, but GC has offered enough to keep me satisfied this gen, and there have been enough of my favourite genres, RPGs, to keep me occupied. Yes, okay, PS2 has tons of them, and plenty I'm sure are amazing but i'm happy with what I've got and don't feel I should be pressurized to get a PS2 for RPGs just because I say Skies of Arcadia is my favourite RPG and you go on to say "Theres loads better on PS2 so you should get it."

And anyway, I'm getting 360 and revolution for sure, and maybe even PS3 too just to let you know. And I'd rather wait till PS3 to play those PS2 games then get one now.

That's cool, atleast someone explained themself for a change, ^_^

its a promise

:aww: You will settle in just fine round these parts.

I dont think that Dom is saying that you should all buy every console - because, lets face it, its not realistic for some (most?) people. What you have said here makes sense - "I like my GC and am happy with what I have". What you said before this - "I hate Sony so much and I think of myself as more of a Sony 'hateboy,' because I don't have anything wrong with Microsoft/Sega etc, but Sony I hate" is what I myself (and I think Dom too) has a problem with, as people are acting out of bias and making a lot of unfounded claims to go with it. Not liking Sony is fair enough - but using that as an excuse to make claims such as "The PS2 is for Fifa Fanboys!" etc etc ad nauseum is ridiculous. Its also this bias in most case that means that people miss out on a number of exclusive games because theyre too proud to acknowledge them.

But since Dom seems satisfied I will leave it at that ;)

________

Marijuana vaporizers

Edited by Johelian

its a promise

Are you real?

No offence intended. After all, I don't want you to 'boyed' me...

yes i am real, no making fun of other fan boys

I shall ridicule fanboys of every creed and origin, as I very please!

Sign in to follow this