NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
The Bard

Unholy Alliance 2006! \m/

Aight, the Unholy Alliance tour 2006 has just been announced...It'll take place during November this year!!

I just got my standing tickets for it at MEN Arena on 3rd November. In case you don't know what I'm talking aboot, it's

Slayer headlining

Children of Bodom

In Flames

Lamb of God

and Thine Eyes Bleed

in support

This promisies to be the best gig of all time, 4 of my all time favourite bands playing on the same bill, on the same night...promises to be brutal

Also, Slayer's new album is out soon, should be interesting to hear to see if they can match the quality of their classics (Reign in Blood, South of Heaven and Seasons in the abyss) seeing as the last classic album they produced was 91's "Seasons..."

So who here is planning on going?

Keep the metal alive!!

I wish I could go. After seeing Slayer last year at Download I want to see them again. Damn my training!

I am very tempted. I have seen Slayer and In Flames and they were both great. It's a pity that Mastodon haven't got onto the European leg of the tour though, as they are one of the best bands I have ever seen live. Hopefully it's because they will be doing their own tour.

I think I'll have to see if any of my friends are going, as i'm sick of going to gigs on my own.

Aye, I've never seen Mastodon live, but they are one of the best bands around atm, the riffs and fills are just inspired. Anywho, has anyone actually head any "thine eyes bleed"? because I'm not sure what to think, there's plenty of bands that would be better suited to being on that tour, like Iced Earth for example.

Hoookay; the tour is due to begin in a few weeks, I'm super psyched; anyone else going?

The tour was supposed to make an concert in iceland (was marked as one of theyre concerts) but nooooo none of the companies that import bands would support them.....

i´ll just make it by seeing In Flames at Wacken next year \o/

I would go, but i dont watch crap.

Absolutely no point in posting that. Anyway, i'll be watching it in Cardiff. 4 of my favourite bands in one place. Awesomeness.

I would go, but i dont watch crap.

:p...I knew it would bite me in the ass one day.

Absolutely no point in posting that. Anyway, i'll be watching it in Cardiff. 4 of my favourite bands in one place. Awesomeness.

Um...where's cardiff? :blank:

Looking forward to In Flames, Bodom and Slayer so much I might explode.

I was only joking, i was just felt like recreating the magic of the Killers thread.

I was only joking, i was just felt like recreating the magic of the Killers thread.

Fair enough, we need 'inside joke' tags :heh:.

Um...where's cardiff? :blank:

Looking forward to In Flames, Bodom and Slayer so much I might explode.

Cardiff is in Waayyeeellles (Wales). In Flames are the most underrated band in the world. They should have headlined fucking Download.

Cardiff is in Waayyeeellles (Wales). In Flames are the most underrated band in the world. They should have headlined fucking Download.

Lol, niiice, also:

I think I love you :love::heh:. In Flames are at times the only band that I can completely connect with, vocals, instruments, everything is perfect, It's pretty stupid how they get ignored by the mainstream but bands like Trivium (who aren't bad) blow up completely. It's time some respect was due.

Only negative thing about this tour is that Mastodon arent playing. I'll have to go to tool to see them, and I. Hate. Tool. :(

Lol, niiice, also:

I think I love you :love::heh:. In Flames are at times the only band that I can completely connect with, vocals, instruments, everything is perfect, It's pretty stupid how they get ignored by the mainstream but bands like Trivium (who aren't bad) blow up completely. It's time some respect was due.

Only negative thing about this tour is that Mastodon arent playing. I'll have to go to tool to see them, and I. Hate. Tool. :(

Haha I know what you mean. They just have that really distinctive sound. I just listened to The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritence. Classic.

As we are on the topic of Metal and Metal concerts and whatnot, Anyone here heading to Wacken in germany next year?

Biggest freaking metal fest you can go to.

Announced bands so far are Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Haggard, Immortal, In Flames, Moonspell, Samael, Saxon, Schandmaul, Stratovarius, Therion

(Bolded the "awesome" bands)

There will propaly alot more big names be announced because the festival isn´t until august next year :(

3 days of nothing but beer and heavy metal!

Haha I know what you mean. They just have that really distinctive sound. I just listened to The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritence. Classic.

Aye...Listening to Moonshield...\m/. I think my favourite album is either Whoracle or Colony though. Anything before that is amazing. Come Clarity was really great while it lasted aswell, but it had a bit more "pop metal" feel to it I suppose, Take This Life and Crawl Through Knives are classics though. What else...hmm Oh, Reroute to remain had some beautiful songs on it, Metaphor comes to mind. Also: I'm learning to play some of their older stuff, like Subterranean, Biosphere and Behind Space.

As we are on the topic of Metal and Metal concerts and whatnot, Anyone here heading to Wacken in germany next year?

Biggest freaking metal fest you can go to.

Announced bands so far are Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Haggard, Immortal, In Flames, Moonspell, Samael, Saxon, Schandmaul, Stratovarius, Therion

(Bolded the "awesome" bands)

There will propaly alot more big names be announced because the festival isn´t until august next year :(

3 days of nothing but beer and heavy metal!

Me and my mate Joe were thinking of coming to Germany next year for a week to see wacken, it's just a matter of getting enough money together. I was hoping that Emperor and Behemoth would play, but I suppose there's still plenty of time for that to be announced. Samael suck donkey balls, I saw them live in satans hollow, pure shite, but it looks promising.

Me and my mate Joe were thinking of coming to Germany next year for a week to see wacken, it's just a matter of getting enough money together. I was hoping that Emperor and Behemoth would play, but I suppose there's still plenty of time for that to be announced. Samael suck donkey balls, I saw them live in satans hollow, pure shite, but it looks promising.

Emperor played there this year, as theyre final concert i think not sure...

EDIT: SCratch that theyre still on tour

Aye...Listening to Moonshield...\m/. I think my favourite album is either Whoracle or Colony though. Anything before that is amazing. Come Clarity was really great while it lasted aswell, but it had a bit more "pop metal" feel to it I suppose, Take This Life and Crawl Through Knives are classics though. What else...hmm Oh, Reroute to remain had some beautiful songs on it, Metaphor comes to mind. Also: I'm learning to play some of their older stuff, like Subterranean, Biosphere and Behind Space.

I love Moonshield, but as far as an album as a whole goes Colony is easily my favourite I think. Reroute to remain is up there it's just a shame the production was so sloppy, they should remaster it.

Sign in to follow this