NEurope
Link83

Gamecube Internal Battery - Advice please

I have just bought my second Nintendo Gamecube console and have turned it on twice for a few minutes each time (to set the date/time, and to check that disks were loading fine, etc) but have just realised that I think I remember reading somewhere that I should have left the system turned on for a number of hours when I first use it - in order to charge the internal battery?

Since I have turned it on and off twice will I have already permanently affected how long the internal battery will last for? (due to the memory effect) Or will it be ok if I turn it on again for a number of hours to charge it? If it is still ok, how many hours should I leave it turned on to charge for?

TIA :)

internal battery? i have never heard of such a thing before... but if there is one then your the first few "charges" are supposed to be full, you might be able to save it still though

I don't think you have much to worry about, really doubt it has an internal battery that works like that :P

it probably too late. better luck next time

...which was a joke. It'll be fine. Perhaps you could play a game for a while on it just in case.

Well if the clock's not asking you to reset it after you unplug it for a few seconds then you're fine. This isn't an XBox :heh: bloody thing:

"You, had to turn off the power/had a power cut/unplugged me for a few seconds; what is the time?"

internal battery? i have never heard of such a thing before...

It's the thing that keeps the GameCube's clock ticking after you turn it off. Even your computer has one :)

I think I might have a slight problem with it also.

Recently I had to adjust the time, because it was some minutes behind.. And I'm sure I've set it up correctly when I first turned on my Cube. Just like my computer's internal clock seems to fall behind..

Is there something wrong, or should I simply leave my Cube turned on for some time as suggested above, to power the battery? I can't find much info on it in the manual or various Nintendo sites..

I imagine the battery will be charged or even bypassed as long as the cube is plugged in and I think the internal clock of my cube is about 40 minutes behind, my mobile is regularly behind too, so I wouldn't worry about that.

If it's plugged in then it's fine. My Dreamcast's clock is set properly even if I haven't used it in ages, but if I unplug it then I have to reset it. So I wouldn't worry about it.

it sure has a clock in it because i often take my cube to friends and to transport it i have to unplug it. but the time's always right. so there ya have it xD

So if you're Cube is plugged in, even if it's turned off, it is fine (and will charge the battery)? Because mine is usually unplugged. It shares a electricity outlet (ehh thing? English term?) with my other consoles and devices, so it depends on what I used last.

Smeagol, the best advice would be to ignore this thread and pretend you never came across it.;)

So if you're Cube is plugged in, even if it's turned off, it is fine (and will charge the battery)? Because mine is usually unplugged. It shares a electricity outlet (ehh thing? English term?) with my other consoles and devices, so it depends on what I used last.

I wouldn't worry about it, my old Dreamcast was in the loft for months unplugged and it didn't make a difference.