NEurope
Stocka

Pangya! Golf with Style

How do you mean? There's a left-handed option for swing controls. Or is there something I haven't heard about?

What's the difference about being left handed in golf? Isn't it just what hand you put up or down?

How do you mean? There's a left-handed option for swing controls. Or is there something I haven't heard about?
I heard they don't change the position of the character who always looks right handed, even in left handed mode.

Has anybody played this and Tiger Woods? Which ones best? I've played Woods and although it's really good, I have some major issues with it.

I picked this up yesterday. So far I have found the swinging to be a little awkward, maybe I'm just used to WiiGolfs style. I am getting better, and can now hit straight with a Pangya.

i really don't like putting via swing though. It's not natural to swing like you swing the rest of the clubs.

I heard they don't change the position of the character who always looks right handed, even in left handed mode.

You're right about that, I just tried out left-handed mode and the character is still right-handed. An oversight there by Tecmo? Maybe it was too much work for them to mirror the animations?

Yeah, the swing takes some getting used to, it is more complex than Wii Golf's simple swing mechanism. I suppose the upside is that the spin on the ball is more accurately portrayed.

The putting works better than Wii Golf imo. It's much easier to gauge power and it seems to pick up small putts far better than Wii Golf.

Admittedly, I mostly play using the button input now, it can be too frustrating to try and use the swing mechanism if I'm tired from working all day.

Ahh, Cecilia... Best looking golfer ever. :love:

You're right about that, I just tried out left-handed mode and the character is still right-handed. An oversight there by Tecmo? Maybe it was too much work for them to mirror the animations?
I'm not Left-handed but I have a few friends that are, such fault is a shame, a let-down even.

Yeah my friend will not like this news, he was looking forward to this game and he is left handed

I'm really getting the hang of this now. I can use the swing option to much better effect than when I first started playing.

I just completed a round of the second course, shining sand, in stroke play finishing a respectable +5

this game really gives me a workout, I admit to not being in shape, but this game gets me going.

Pangya Golf 2!

http://www.jeux-france.com/news20648_ninja-gaiden-dans-pangya-second-shot.html

Gaiden ninja in Pangya Second Shot

Tecmo reveals in the last number of the Japanese magazine Famitsu the existence of the play of Pangya golf! Golf with Style Second Shot on Wii. Planned for the next winter in Japan, this second shutter of the series on the console of living room of Nintendo will propose in particular a new Turn Mode, and will include in No-claims bonus the costumes of the heroes Rachel and Hayabusa version ninja Gaiden Sigma which could thus be freed at the time of the parts. The play would currently be to 60% of its development.

59501520070627_114247_0_big.jpg

It might've been brought up earlier in the thread, but... Did you know that this game is actually a sequel of a free Korean golf MMORPG called Albatross18? The characters are the same, and altogether the game is the same.

It might've been brought up earlier in the thread, but... Did you know that this game is actually a sequel of a free Korean golf MMORPG called Albatross18? The characters are the same, and altogether the game is the same.

Yes. We know.

The difference with the Wii game is that you get it as a bungle, whereas in Albatross18 you buy each bit separately.

I didnt know.

Still not sure whether I should get this. Is it better than Wii golf as I hated that.

I didnt know.

Still not sure whether I should get this. Is it better than Wii golf as I hated that.

I would say yes, this is a lot better than WiiGolf. this has a lot more depth. More courses, more club choice, and after a while, I am finding that swinging is much better in Pangya. Basically this is a full golf game, were as WiiGolf was a 'demo' so to speak.

And you can always try out Albatross18 to see if you like the game concept in general ^^

And you can always try out Albatross18 to see if you like the game concept in general ^^

Yea, the "basic" package is free, IIRC?

Yeah albatross18 is free, it's a pretty good golf game. The controls for the the Wii version when you turn off waggle are the same as the PC controls.

The only reason I stopped playing was because the best way to build up experience was to play a full 18 holes. And even when playing against 1 other person a game could last almost 2 hours. It just seems to take ages.

The tournement mode was pretty good for speed of play, usually about 20 people all playing at the same time. You see a shadow of where there ball is, if your on the same hole. Could get 18 holes done in half an hour, but it didn't boost you experience level as much.

Well worth a try, it's free and kept me entertained for a month.

Interview:

Tecmo Talks Pangya Golf with Style

Tecmo was one of the first companies off the block when the Wii launched in Japan, bringing with it the popular Korean golf title 'Pangya' by developer Ntreev. After a considerable delay because of scheduling issues, the game is finally out in Europe now and to celebrate this Cubed³ thought it the perfect time to catch up with the team to discuss the game in more detail.

C3: First of all, could you please tell our readers a little about your role on this project?

Kohei Shibata: I am the producer of the project.

C3: How large was the team and how long was the game in development for?

KS: A little less than 30 staff members, roughly. It took us around a year to develop it.

C3: Have you been pleased with how successful Super Swing Golf has been over in Japan and the US so far?

KS: Yes. I believe it meant something to create the first full-scale golf game played by swinging the controller on Wii hardware.

C3: And will you be aiming to release the Wii game over in Europe? If so, do you expect it to be received as well as in other territories?

KS: We will release it in Europe soon. It’s a very attractive title because it contains fantasy views and real golf-play. I hope it will be successful as it is in Japan and North America. [ Note: These questions were submitted before Nintendo announced its intentions to release the game here in Europe ]

C3: Can you please talk us through what you think makes Super Swing Golf a better game than the competition?

KS: Firstly, I totally focused on the swinging operation to make you feel as though you were actually playing the real golf. It might take a while to get used to it, like real sports, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll get a great feeling that you’ll never get in any other button operated games - by making wonderful shots!

Secondly, it’s full of fantasy courses and ones to conquer. You can play in unrealistic courses such as a beautiful tropical island, snowy mountain, desert, castle and warship, but also each of them tempts you to play over and over again. Moreover, you’ll enjoy our unique characters with a range of alternative costumes.

C3: Were there any problems implementing the new control system?

KS: The hardest thing was to create a system that registers the highest point when you swing the controller, as you would do in real golf. At an early stage, the game registered a ‘wonderful shot’ just by sitting and swinging the controller up and down. That was pretty poor…

C3: What opportunities are there for multiplayer gaming?

KS: Although you can have fun with the normal Scroll and Match play modes, which up to 4 people can actually play together in, Balloon Pop, a kind of party game, is also exciting.

You pop huge balloons in a course one after the other. It’s got aspects like blowing wind at the player when you are waiting for your turn or writing graffiti on his swing meter to distract him, as well as dynamic explosions that are like colourful fireworks.

We’ve made an exciting game in order to change your general opinion of the game of golf (i.e. that you have to wait till the other players finish) by allowing all players to use their tactics at the same time during play.

C3: The original PC version is well-known for its online aspect. What was the reason behind leaving this out of the Wii version?

KS: I dared to challenge the stand-alone game and came up with the original idea because I wanted both those who have played the online version before and who haven’t to enjoy it thoroughly. Compared to the PC version, which you can play against loads of unknown users, you can enjoy playing golf even by yourself, with your family and friends as well in this new version.

C3: Will we see another Super Swing Golf on Wii in the future? And if so, would you been keen to implement online functionality or even updates via the WiiConnect24 service?

KS: From my point of view, I’d love to develop it. Since WiiConnect24 is such an interesting system, I’d figure out the possibility of using it after I consider the direction and content of the sequel. [ Since this interview took place, a sequel has now been confirmed ]

C3: What are your thoughts about the Wii in general after having worked with it – is the system as underpowered as some critics are saying?

KS: I think it’s all as the result of the one-step revolution of the TV game genre. Now we’ve got two ways to go, I’d say. Wii is a kind of game system that has very innovative operations and ideas, whilst on the other hand the PS3 and Xbox 360 have stunning graphics and processing capacity.

So I’d say it is getting less meaningful to judge which has the better hardware simply by the performance. When I see the direction Wii is going in, I think the spec of the Wii hardware is good enough to make it become reality.

C3: Overall, are you pleased with the final version of Super Swing Golf and is there anything you would have like to have included / developed further?

KS: It is gonna be [good], yes.

C3: Nintendo has had some of its characters appear in other companies’ games over the past few years (such as EA sports titles and Namco’s Soul Calibur). Therefore, if a sequel to Super Swing Golf does indeed get released, which Nintendo character would you like to see make a cameo?

KS: I like Mario, personally, so I’d like to see him in Super Swing Golf!

C3: Considering how large the Nintendo DS userbase is around the world now, has any thought gone into working on the system? Perhaps on a portable version of Super Swing Golf?

KS: There must be some possibilities that it’d be successful. Using stylus for a swing sounds fun!

C3: With the Virtual Console already becoming immensely popular straight from launch, can we expect to see any Tecmo classics appearing on the system?

KS: We’ve released ‘Solomon’s Key’ and ‘Mighty Bombjack’ already. I’m sure that even now both of them are unforgettable masterpieces, so enjoy them!

C3: Finally, what games have you been playing lately and is there anything in particular you are looking forward to?

KS: I’ve been playing action games and simulation ones, mainly. There’s lots to look forward to!

Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/8210/1/Tecmo_Talks_Pangya_Golf_with_Style_(Nintendo_Wii)

I'm late to the Pangya-party (only bought the game a few days ago), but this is helluvalot fun! :yay:

It's way better and deeper than I had imagined! I tend to get sucked into it, though. Yesterday I beat someone in a very close match, and I punched the air in celebration and thought it was a good idea to gloat at my opponent, a digital character that doesn't care about my gloating/punching. Silly it may be, but it felt good! :awesome:

Wii does strange things with a man...