NEurope
Stocka

Pangya! Golf with Style

News has filtered in about Tecmo's Super Swing Golf Pangya for Wii heading to Europe. According to sources it has been picked up for release by Nintendo and renamed 'Pangya! Golf with Style' for this territory.

cubed3

Well considering I've become pretty bored of the free online version I'm pretty sure I'll become bored even faster with this 30 or so quid version.

Looks interesting, but I'm still holding out for the golf sim I can play with my actually-golfing grandpa, and somehow I doubt he'd fully approve of this lecherous, only semi-legal kind of lonely-teenager entertainment. As appealing as it may be. Don't let me down Tiger.

Looks interesting, but I'm still holding out for the golf sim I can play with my actually-golfing grandpa, and somehow I doubt he'd fully approve of this lecherous, only semi-legal kind of lonely-teenager entertainment. As appealing as it may be. Don't let me down Tiger.

I think Tiger should satisfy you then, seems to look ok from IGN's Hands On, as long as they can sort out the putting, which I think could actually be a problem just with the wii remote in general as they movements needed for putting are just so slight.

Is anyone still interested in this game? Its release is next Friday, didnt think it was so close. I was thinking of getting it but there seems to be alot of titles coming out lately ( and more to come :) ) so maybe I will leave this for a while.

Played a copy 3 Player in America and I really enjoyed it. There's a ton of collecting/Unlockables to earn but you need a lot cash to buy them.

I'II pick up a copy but I'II also wait for a cheaper price-This month I want to pick up 2 other bigger Wii games (Mario Party 8 and Resident Evil Wii)

I'II pick up a copy but I'II also wait for a cheaper price-This month I want to pick up 2 other bigger Wii games (Mario Party 8 and Resident Evil Wii)

Thats the same for me and if GAME.uk.com are right Trauma Center will be out on the 22nd of this month aswell! CRAZY!

This is out this Friday. Anyone getting it?

I want to but due to not knowing it's out I dont have any money.

Yeah I might consider importing the game PAL version of it, seems like australia is not getting it for a fair while :(

I will be getting this. I love WiiSports Golf, and have been waiting for a good golf game to appear. This looks like the kind of thing that we can expect from Mario golf, and I love them games.

Did anyone else get this game?

Finally got to play it today, it looks nice. The pointer felt sluggish, it was a pity there was no sensitivity control. I also had to turn down the volume because the sound effect of the characters speaking annoyed me. :P

The swing control is very interesting, I like how you can gauge your power before swinging. The only problem is that you have to swing back really high! I can't seem to nail precise shots yet, sometimes I can get a perfect Pangya, but sometimes I'll horribly shear the ball to the right - even if it feels like the same swing. I think it's to do with the angle the Wiimote is pointing down at?

It's good that there's a regular button control (just like normal golf games on the PC and other consoles), so if you get too frustrated with your swing, you can just use buttons instead. I'll be trying to master the swing, though, it feels more involving.

Only played a little, but will certainly put in more time to unlock everything!

So, what did you guys think?

I have really enjoyed this so far. Really sucked at first until I realised I had the remote facing the wrong way - now I get a Pangya with nearly every shot. There's loads of collectables and costumes to buy, and the dolfino lottery thing is good fun too.

I haven't tried the dolfino lottery yet.

Yeah, there's lots of stuff to upgrade with, plus it's nice to earn extra characters. :) Completed the Festa with Scout, and I can now play as Uncle Bob. Got his police uniform, gloves, beard, shades - now he looks like a hard cop. Maybe I'll get the 'fro next... :P

I figured out how to consistently hit Pangyas, too. Just lean over, let your arm hang straight downwards in front of you. As long as you hit the ball at the same angle as you started the swing, it'll be a perfect Pangya. Hitting tomahawks and cobras is great fun too. :D Only downside is your shoulder can feel sore after playing for a while.

Currently stuck against Scout on Uncle Bob's festa storyline. I'll play a tournament instead, get some points to upgrade to the Air Lancer II set, then hopefully I'll have better luck.

I ended up exchanging my copy of Mario Charged Football in to get Panya Golf. Not played too much, but I've beaten the Tutorial mode and unlocked the snow white costumes. Also beate Match play first round to get 10 Lottery tickets and the first mission in Festa mode.

I prefer the button controls.

The button controls are good for when your arm's feeling too sore - or when the Wiimote's motion sensors seem to be out of whack (when you never get a Pangya no matter what). It's just a shame you can't get the Tomahawk and Cobra power shots if you use buttons instead.

Beaten Kooh on Uncle Bob's storyline and Max is my next opponent. :)

The dolfino lottery is indeed fun, the match play is definitely the best place to get those tickets - save your hard-earned pangs for the upgrades instead.

Well, a quick glance at a list shows 11 courses, each with 18 holes.

That's 198 holes to play.

Well, a quick glance at a list shows 11 courses, each with 18 holes.

That's 198 holes to play.

You might've just sold me there. Nice amount :)

None of the courses are clones and have holes that are mirrored with altered weather?

Well, I know three of the courses are similar to each other - Blue Lagoon, Blue Moon, and Blue Water. Blue Lagoon is the original, Water is the harder version with higher winds and added obstacles, and Blue Moon is night-time.

I don't know about the Wiz courses, have only played one so far. But there is a nice amount of variety, and I've just unlocked a course that's located on battleships, complete with firing cannons that affect wind!

Compared to Wii Golf's 9 holes, Pangya is HUGE.

There are weather effects you can select on any course on VS mode - either clear or rain/snow. No random option as far as I see, which is a shame but nothing major.

Oh yeah, I just discovered something. You can use Tomahawks and Cobras in button mode. It's explained in the manual. :blush: Quickly tapping in a sequence on the D-pad AND hitting B at the exact right moment is definitely trickier than in Swing Mode.

Now, I have a date with Cecilia tonight. :D If I beat her, I'll unlock her as a playable character.