NEurope
Zell

What was you first EVER game?

Ah, Super Mario World on the Snes. You say the game lasted you for 6 months? That game lasted me for years. I must have completed it 100% like 10 times over.

Either a toss up between Thomas The Tank Engine or Ghostbusters 2 on the Commodore 64, Pr0 graphics.

thomastank8qc.gif

ghostbusters231du.png

Plok on the Super Nintendo....I don't think it was my first ever game I played but I know it was the first game I BOUGHT for myself.

I.. Can't remember.

It might have been Zelda Game & Watch.

I also think I had the 2nd hand VecTrex before I got my (new) NES, so my first games would be Bedlam, Soccer, and a few others.

With the NES came Super Mario Bros. 2, and I played Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 in the store before that. The first thing I bought myself (from my own money) is the N64 I think, with Super Mario 64. Damn, that's a magical memory.

I remember I played for a few seconds (not too long, I wanted to fully enjoy it at home ;)) in the store, and my Mario kept running in circles as I tried to get used to the analog stick :D.

Glad I'm not the only old gamer here (I'm 22). So much for Nintendo are only for kiddies.

Sonic The Hedgehog on MegaDrive. That was the first video game I ever played, although my brother had an Atari before then, I don't think I ever played it.

Sonic on the megadrive, been a sonic fan ever since, but the new spawn of games is making me slowly drift away..

I think the first game I played was some Space Invaders clone on the Acorn Electron.

mine first game was noneother than super mario bros. not really different from the plethora of people who bought an NES back in the day.

Still that game is, was and will forever be a great game.

First two games I played were also on my dads Spectrum 48k. They were:

Manic Miner

Horace Goes skiing

Thomas The Tank Engine.

thomastank8qc.gif

ROFL! That’s Hilarious! Mainly because I had that game too and now it looks absolutely horriffic, used to love it despite finding it rather difficult.

My first game was probably Dizzy, damn I love that egg... or JetSetWilly... one of them two at least.

hmm, either fireman sam on the amstrad, or tetris on the gameboy.

I think it was the original Quake. My step dad let me sit on his knee and play it. But the first game I actually near comleted on my own was croc when I was 5 or so

1942 and Gyromite, without R.O.B., which rendered the game useless without a second player

First game played was something like Arcadians or Hopper on the Acorn/BBC computer my parents had.

Console game, it was Outrun on the Sega Master System II, as we bought it just before the console which had Alex Kidd built in.

The first game i ever saw/played was either R-type on the Megadrive.

that was over 10 years ago!

One i personally owned was Megaman 2 on the NES.. i never did finish that game.

I remember my brother having Mario 1 on his NES too, after that i didn't buy any games till Pokémon yellow.

I can't remember the fist game I bought. But the first game that I had for my own console (all the others were my brothers) was Sonic the Hedgehog for the DreamCast. However technically I didn't buy it as it came with the DC which was a christmas present.

I can't remeber what the first game I PLAYED was, but the first game I ever bought with my own money was paper mario....the game i ever bought with my own money was GTA: Vicecity....hehe

I think the first "games" we owned and that I remember playing are two Game and Watch things. One has a garage and you have to catch the falling drops and when your barrel is full, pour it into a barrel that's below. Was difficult. The other one was something with a boy, laundry and some crows. I don't really remember this one. We still have them actually, but I'm not sure they work anymore. Finding batteries for those things might be difficult.

I think the first real console games I owned were Tetris for the GB (closely followed by Link's Awakening and Kirby's Dreamland I think) and then Super Mario World on the SNES. I completely missed out on the NES for some reason. I guess my parents considered us too young or something?

Computer games, we had a ton of those kids games and stuff (don't remember any names), as well as Duke Nukem (first one I think), Commander Keen games and Jazz Jackrabbit. Good times.

My first game EVER, was Duck Hunt on the NES.

I got it for Christmas with Super Mario Bros on the one cartridge in the Boxed NES package.

I have memories of lying on th ground with the zapper battling my Dad in a 2 player game!

:cry: