NEurope
blender

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Still unsure as to whether to buy this... anyone wanna sway me one way or another?

Don't buy it. It's fun in the beginning, the commentator, battle moves are all great, but after ten hours or so it gets more frustrating than fun when the opponents get harder and the battles repitive. Several things annoyed me more and more while I played. You can only use three or four Pokes in any battle, including online battles. If you lose league you have to start all over if you don't have any of those perfect points, with no reward whatsoever. You only get rewarded if you beat the whole thing, and it isn't any fun trying over and over and getting nothing for it. In D/P you get at least exp for it. You cannot always use your own Pokes. In some leagues you are forced to choose between Pokes the game offers you. It's frustrating to lose with some poor Pokes when I bought the game to use my own. In one of those leagues, you and the opponent randomly picks both yours and the opponent's Pokes in a luck of wheel. It's no fun having to fight your own EV trained Pokes with the opponent's horrible basic Pokes >_>

Also the Pokes still have no fur. And last, there's no one to play with except random players online. Just look at the PBR league in the online thread. There's whooping amount of 1 people in the league.

im also unsure to buy it or not after reading that i think ill just leave it like that ( in the stores till a new one comes out

Does the Magmortor and Elecritvier codes work in the PAL version?

No. Have to wait for NOE to release the codes. I'm guessing maybe Easter 2008 or if they are extra cruel Summer 2008. Whatever date they choose will prob either tie in with

1) Half term for Children

2) Pokemon Tour

3) All of the above.

Finally got it for Christmas

It's a fun little game. I've had fun with it, feel the criticism is a bit idiot for the most part. People went into it expecting a completely different game and then since they didnt get what they expected they just say it sucks because of that. It'd be like going into Assassin's Creed thinking you had a Kart Racer, you'd be disappointed and pissed off

But yeah, finally got to the point where its challenging, the CPU can get really tough and mean. Had a battle where they had surrounded me with toxic spikes and stealth rocks and kept roaring my Pokemon to make me switch out. Evil

I hate the stadium with the roulette that gives you your own or your oppenents pokemon. I always end up with unevolved pokemon who suck. Like chimchar and Monferno. Doesn't help when me and the CPU end up with an all Fire team. I got destroyed by my own EV'd Infernape :(

Theres a trick. Press A when the Pokemon you want is 2 thirds of the wheel away from you (when coming to you) and it should land on it. However there is a margain of error

One question anyone: Is it true that players you face online can give you their battle cards? In other words, I don't and won't be getting the DS version if I get this game. Using a standard battle pass, even though i will surely lose, is there a chance of getting better pokemon via your opponent?

You get battle cards, not rental passes. So no, you can't use their Pokes in Colosseums, but you can use them in free battles. Don't know if that includes online.

Wow this game def. gets harder as you get in. On Rank 7 of the Level 50 Main Street Colosseum and like every trainer has at least one legendary and is now using even smarter tactics. It's brilliant

I bought this, but then realised I havent really played my copy of Diamond yet. I miss the good old days with the proper original Pokemon. I'd rather restart green or gold/silver than waste time on Diamond and Pearl.

The game looks nice, but it's pointless. The handheld versions do everything better.

How do you use your DS pokemon anyway? I dont see any options on the DS to link up with the Wii. When can you trade pokemon from your GBA games to D&P too?

The option is there somewhere.

You can transfer Pokes from the GBA games to D/P after you have beaten the league.

I bought this, but then realised I havent really played my copy of Diamond yet. I miss the good old days with the proper original Pokemon. I'd rather restart green or gold/silver than waste time on Diamond and Pearl.

The game looks nice, but it's pointless. The handheld versions do everything better.

How do you use your DS pokemon anyway? I dont see any options on the DS to link up with the Wii. When can you trade pokemon from your GBA games to D&P too?

When you select the option on the Wii to copy pkmn over, it will send wireless signals out. Then go onto the main menu before you go onto your save file and a new option will be there to connect to the wii

Oh, and DP is better than GS and the others in oh so many ways

Started playing it last night, just a go at the rather tedious first colosseum (I irnoed while pressing 'A' many times). Quick question; if I upload my team from DS will the opponents be about the same level (seeing as I haven't played for ages and mine are on about level 30) or should I stick with the rental pokemon?

No. You probably won't see it now either, as the game was released in December, and the promo material (if there was any) would of had been shown back then.

Nah, I still see adverts for Animal Crossing. They like to milk their games.