NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ViPeR

I don't know about you...

...but i've noticed the Wii name being slapped from here, to eternity when it really isn't necessary. I was chatting to Fierce_Link about it and he agrees with me. It's overkill and just makes it boring. What i'm talking about is people/reporters/news sites, sticking 'wii' instead of the standard 'we' wherever they can. How long is this going to go on for, because I for one am getting pretty tired of seeing every thread/news going something like "What colour consoles will wii get?" or "What wiill the price be?"

It's to be expected though, with this kind of name. They're sorta using it as an alternative to "we". Like Shall Wii Dance, etc.

It's a bit like using 2 instead of to. E.g. "i'm going 2 go now."

It's not always a bad thing, as it means the name is quite accepted now.

True but it's a console name and I don't think it should be used in that kind of context. To be honest though it won't last, people will soon get bored of the novelty and resort back to 'we'. I mean it's great it's been accepted and all that but I still feel it's going over the top in some cases.

It's a bit like using 2 instead of to. E.g. "i'm going 2 go now."

No and for 2 reasons

-replacing the to with a 2 is shortening it

-saying 2 in that sentence relates it to what? numbers going away somewhere?

People will use wii in their headlines and what not, because it will relate the wii console to their news story without even hving to mention nintendo. its almost like tabloid press.

Well it's not just news stories, most of which I can handle. It's people using the name in a sentence for the sake of it as if they're trying to justify to the world it's a good name.

It's still pretty similar, but only on paper. Saying it aloud will sound no different.

Well it's not just news stories, most of which I can handle. It's people using the name in a sentence for the sake of it as if they're trying to justify to the world it's a good name.

Still saying its a rubbish name?

Still saying its a rubbish name?

I'm impartial, I don't really have an opinion on it until the console is released and I try using the name in conversation. I do feel others are taking it too far though. My point is I don't think it needs to be stuck in every single place 'we' would be placed. Granted it is mainly fanboys/girls but I find it annoying.

The urination jokes were the best... at lesat they weren't lame attemptes at "sneaky" humour like these are...

The urination jokes were terrible, imo. Better off leaving those type of jokes to other forums.

nintendo did a great job as wii (:P) see it here: only no press is bad press. and they're getting their press. it's publicity for them, so i can only be good.

I think its good that it gets some exposure. It will arouse curiosity in people and make them want to find out what Wii is. The more publicity the better.

Wii is a great name, ppl that are using it instead of the word We are just making Nintendos Marketing come to plan, this is what they are trying to do, get us to advertise it for them :)

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!

well at least wii get to use the nitendo wii name in a good light you cant esactly make good fun in jokes about the ps3 name can you only lamo things like "you big fat steaming pile of bull ps3" nuff said !

It just shows, their marketing worked thta's all.

It can't be as bad as the DS. I don't know how many games managed to gt DS into the name (eg Advance Wars, Dual Strike). At least you wont get it in most of the game that matter. Oh yeah...and magazines will eventually get bored of it...hopefully.

i dont know about you guys, but the more i see the 'Wii' name the happier i get because its all exposer and the more people see it the it reminds the of 'Wii'. Why do you think companies pay so much to get their name plastered on every piece of available space possible? and the fact that the 'Wii' name is being seen all over the place in regards to video games at the moment, be it a story on nintendo or not. to me it just a constant reminder of how happy i am that nintendo has chosen this path, and they seem to be succeeding.

I still miss the wii jokes though. Pity they only lasted a couple of days. Does that mean that the name wasn't as terrible as we thought or ..... what? I found the jokes juvenile but funny! Someone pleeeaase just tell me one more wii joke!!

I can tolerate the occassional "wii" being used as we for wii related news - what annoyed me was when I read an article that had nothing to do with wii that used it.

Perhaps journalists are doing this so much that they are mispelling the word as a genuine mistake now?

serves them right. originality is always good, repetition does get annoying

Sign in to follow this