NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
djamb3

Beatiful EDGE Wii cover

The UK version of Edge magazine has a pretty kick ass cover dedicated to the Wii.

thumb_picture0041mx.jpg

so....:love: :love: :love:

btw here are the reviews:

New Super Mario Bros 8

Hitman: Blood Money 7

Moto GP '06 8

Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis 7

The Da Vinci Code 4

Sin Episodes: Emergence 6

Sensible Soccer 2006 6

X:Men The Official game 3

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War 5

Field Commander 7

Atelier Iris 2: Azoth of Destiny 6

Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge 4

Metal Saga 5

Peter moore was interviewed in this mag, he says, he had lots of fun playing monkey ball and sonic on the wii, but the the sony one, he doesnt get.

Also edge were shown privately more wiimote extensions which were basically the NES controller, SNES, N64, mega drive/genesis, and master system. and they showed a picture.

Ok, i just read phil harrisons interview, and this was the question edge gave (awesome interview by the way, in your face straight to the point)

Edge: What do you think of Nintendos approach this time arround?

PH: I havent had a chance to see it, so i cant give you a personal view, but what ive read and heard is that the solution is a little bit better then the gamecube, its not really a dramatic innovation or movement forward. The big question is whether having only an unusual controller is going to be attractive to both game designers and game players.

this was written by dabookerman in neogaf foruns (not sure is the same from R-E)

Oh here is his interview

Phil Harrison interview...

On the muted response to Sony's conference:

"I guess when something is new and exciting and heard for the first time, that elicits a certain reaction emotionally, compared to when you're just confirming something that people already know."

On previously slagging off Microsoft's two SKU approach and then copying it:

"Ok what I said, unambiguously was that we would never give the consumer cause for confusion, and that we would be very clear about our product offering. The Playstation 3 format is exactly the same between the two SKUs. Our competitor has a different format between the two SKUs - one with a hard drive - but all Playstation 3s have a hard drive."

On the Dual Shock 3 (aka the Emotion Engine 2):

"What I mean is, I can tell the emotional state of the player by what they're doing with controller, and that can inform game design in a vey subtle way."

On the Wii:

"I haven't had a chance to see it, so I can't give you a personal view, but what I've read and heard is that their technology solution is a little bit better than the GameCube, it's not really a dramatic innovation or movement forward."

"I think the big, big difference os that the PS3 controller requires no external calibration device. And I think Edge readers will have no problem setting up their little doohicky on the side of their televisions, but I'm not sure my mum will be able to do that."

PS: if it was posted before, feel free to close the thread...

I feel like a dick, I bought EDGE today, got home, then realised it wasn't the edition with all the E3 stuff. :-\ Ah well.

Well he obviousely was not paying attention. because it is not ALL about the controller.

We will see when the PS3 comes out.

I must deffend him on the 2 SKU's point because in the UK there will only be one SKU the most expensive one.

Throughout E3 Phil Harrison came across as a complete fool, and this is more defensive nonsense from him. I guess there isn't much else he can do when coming under direct fire from the world's gaming press but he should have expected people to see the Playstation controller as a bad copy of Wii's and the price as grossly extortionate.

Yes, placing a sensor on top of a TV is very hard task, I'm already meditating in order to prepare for it.

Now we know where he gets his retardness from.

LOL!!! Perhaps his mum would get confused and put it in the fish tank?

What I mean is, I can tell the emotional state of the player by what they're doing with controller, and that can inform game design in a vey subtle way.

Confirmed! The PS3 controller will have a teardrop detector!

Yeah, I loved the cover when I got it a couple of days ago. Haven't had time to read it properly yet.

Nice cover, shame about the mag being filled with Phil Harrision's EVIL words.

Who the fuck called the P$3 controller an "emotion engine"? I need to shoot them.

it's (the Wii) not really a dramatic innovation or movement forward.

He's going to...

I also got the new NOM with free dvd

It's out? Meh I need to go to smiths now...

I received this on Saturday, and was going to scan a few of the pages soon, but I guess I don't need to now. It's a very good issue, as always.

That is a beautiful floor may i add, MY FLOOR

I also got the new NOM with free dvd

Nice Floor mate

But mines REAL wood not laminate;)

does anyone else get pissed off at that word 'doohickey' ..

he is such an idiot..

he doesnt seem to know much about the market does he? he hasnt had a chance to see the wii? erm.. okay.

does anyone else get pissed off at that word 'doohickey'...

Aye, I do, it should be "hickery-doakery", if anything... (I've spelt it phoneticly)

Well, at least Nintendo had some interesting games! And giving New Super Mario Bros an 8 is just retarded.

can someone past a link to the cover? my stupid internet not allowing me to view it:(

Can someone reupload the cover image - shitty imageshack have taken it down?

Sign in to follow this