NEurope
phez_boy

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

A TV with a built in Wii... Not gonna happen.:heh: But, and this is a far stretched "But", a specially built TV for the Wii made by Nintendo that gives Wii graphics an extra "WOW" factor, is plausible. Somewhere along the lines of the "Built in Holographic Projection Crap theory", but not as ridiculous.:heh:

Hi,

there was this one time

at band camp...??

Sorry Simon, I have a little bit of difficulty believing your story.

It sounds like Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot (IMO). They want to make an affordable console, not one that will cost €1600 when you buy a new tv.

Its a nice idea, but what happens then when this gen of consoles dies its death and your left with a Wii-TV and you're playing PS4's and Nintendo "whatever" etc?

And if the new gen of TV's are all HDTV's why wouldnt Nintendo make the Wii wth HD in mind if they are to license the Wii harware for use in those TV's?

Hmh, it is possible that Wii's price and european launch date has been leaked. Konsolifin, finnish videogame shop has started to take preorders for Wii and price has been set to 229 euros. Actual release date has been set to 6th of November.

What gives Konsolifin more credibility is that here at Finland you can't simply adjust pre-order's price as you want, because consumer protection laws are relatively tight. That's why they must be pretty sure that price will be 229 euros. It must be also noted that we have 22 % VAT on consoles. If you take VAT away, price is around 190 euros. If converted to dollars, VAT:less price is 240 bucks.

SOURCE: http://konsolinet.fi/tuotekortti.php?path=34/39/2482

Either that, or you're ripped off if you preorder.

Nice pics Hellfire, where'd you get them?

what i love the most is when u click on the picture he has supplied u can see the blue borders on which he has simply placed a Wii logo! ROFL!

what i love the most is when u click on the picture he has supplied u can see the blue borders on which he has simply placed a Wii logo! ROFL!

HAHA!! Damn right!!! Is he really trying to make people believe in that?

should put the thing on the mainpage.

"What to look for in stupid blog entries"

man that would be funny! make a complete arse of him!

This was on the Nintendo.com forums quite a while ago but it got deleted.Some of it is quite hard to believe.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/...scending&page=8

-First off let me say that the full scope of the Wii controller details has yet to be revealed by PixArt and Nintendo. Although I cannot elaborate any further let me say that the Nintendo should show that the movement in 3D space will allow experiences outside of just the TV screen. And its not 3D projection related.

-The official launch date has yet to be set in stone but will indeed launch before Sony’s PS3.

-Ironically enough, the first game that will be shown to the public that demonstrates the full scope of Wii controller potential will be Dragonball Z Budokai 4.

-When Nintendo first showed the controller at Tokyo Game Show late 2005 they were very hesitant to show it full usage. I will allow one more clue to my finding that the Wii controller can function exactly as we all have seen demonstrated WITHOUT the sensor bar. So ask yourselves, why need a sensor bar?

-The sensor bar was in all actuality in no use at E3 2006. What is will allow hasn’t been shown yet.

-According to people who are working close to everyday events at Nintendo R&D, Nintendo Wii specifications were far and away developed solely for that machine.

-IBM and ATI have been working on Broadway and Hollywood for quite some time now. And according to many people Wii’s specs could go up or down at this point in the CPU/VPU departments. Apparently Nintendo has spent quite a lot of money having IBM and ATI fabricate many iterations of Broadway and Hollywood. Which range from a 3.4GHz-730MHz Broadway CPUs, and 1.2GHz-553MHz custom ATI/Nintendo Hollywood VPU. From what we hear Hollywood is key to the Wii’s power. The architecture is all about eliminating bottlenecks and maximizing performance, upgrade of the CPU with the slight downgrade of the graphics processor compliments this philosophy, striking a great balance for Wii. However, it was also indicated that since Hollywood is a truly extreme “Flipper II” and Broadway is a massively upgraded “Gekko II” at least in architecture. That early on Nintendo R&D took a good look at what GameCube did good and what it could have done better. It was mentioned that GameCube’s Flipper was an extremely powerful chip far more capable than even the Xbox’s. The Gekko design meant for balance, though was not able to support but about 50% of the ArtX’s Flipper’s power. This particular bottleneck has been ironed out allowing Broadway to fully complement Hollywood to its maximum potential and vise-versa. The initial estimates we got concerning final hardware spec was Broadway at around 1.5GHz and Hollywood at 555GHz.

-There is also word that Nintendo in private sessions has big plans for the Wii headset. Talk is, that Nintendo wants to lean away from having the headset only for online capability. They are wanting to go further. Having the headset of course include a microphone for use in games is a given. But there was also talk of a late to launch release of this “gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well. To sum up the theory we were privy to. The headset would be somewhat sensitive to movement that could be translated into the game. Such as if you get up and move to the right of your television something might correspond for that in the game. Such as dodging things, looking around corners etc. It was also mentioned that it might have a unique look and non-obstructive lightweight design.

-Our latest discovery concerning Wii software is that developer Nibris (Raid Over the River, Sadness) has received Wii development kits and has partnered with publisher Majesco

Nintendo should show that the movement in 3D space will allow experiences outside of just the TV screen

What the fuck is that???

but will indeed launch before Sony’s PS3

Yeah thats almost a given now....

the Wii controller can function exactly as we all have seen demonstrated WITHOUT the sensor bar. So ask yourselves, why need a sensor bar?

hmmm that was speculated before. I wonder could the sensor bar be a.......

3.4GHz-730MHz Broadway CPUs, and 1.2GHz-553MHz custom ATI/Nintendo Hollywood VPU

Woah!!!

“gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well.

So the sensor bar IS for detecting movement then....????

“gyroscopic headset” that would be supported by the sensor bar as well.

haha!! That completely contradicts the "no need for sensor bar".

The worst fake appearing this year? Probably

It could be,it pretty much goes against itself.

That's bull, of course the sensor bar isn't needed when you're just using tilt, the bar is used for 3D positioning and pointing.

Yeah that's pretty bad speculation. It's been said though that the Wii doesn't need the sensor bar if you play games like Monkey Ball which only use the tilt sensor.

It was Mhz.

Having an accelerometer in a headset wouldn't be that hard though, I don't see why Nintendo can't do that.