NEurope
phez_boy

Definitive Wii speculation/rumour thread

oh this would be so awesome! i would love if nintendo came along and produced a service that blew xbox live out of the water!

you know what really interesting? the 'Wii' name is on bottom of the wiimote. and if the rumours of a mic in the top of the wiimote are true. then when you turn your wiimote around to use it for voip then u would have !!M at the top of your 'phone'.

or it could mean ''me'' somehow...not at all....why did i post this....:hehe:

Haven't Miyamoto-san himself say that there will definitely be no mic on the controller and that a head-set would be much more probable? Also, didn't he say that this head-set would not connect to the wiimote? Completely wireless, so to speak.

I guess it's pretty much of a confirmation of a nintendo wii headset.

you know what really interesting? the 'Wii' name is on bottom of the wiimote. and if the rumours of a mic in the top of the wiimote are true. then when you turn your wiimote around to use it for voip then u would have !!M at the top of your 'phone'.
I like the idea of having a mic attachment.

I made a couple of mock-ups, one of them is slightly more in keeping with the design of the Wii remote. :heh: :

wiimicideas7jm.jpg

The downside of that would be that you couldn't use the nunchuk and mic at the same time, as there's only one expansion slot at the bottom. If Nintendo somehow made it possible to insert more than one expansion at a time (some sort of connector), then this would be much better.

The downside of that would be that you couldn't use the nunchuk and mic at the same time, as there's only one expansion slot at the bottom. If Nintendo somehow made it possible to insert more than one expansion at a time (some sort of connector), then this would be much better.

The mic could have a connector on the bottom too, where you connect the nunchuck, forming some kind of chain.

The mic could have a connector on the bottom too, where you connect the nunchuck, forming some kind of chain.

Oooo, that would be quite useful, too. Good idea. :)

It pretty much ruins the idea of the disco microphone type of thing that Redshell posted. If you turn the Wiimote upside down, that'll be one hefty piece of wire leading to the nunchuk. :p

Well if there is no microphone, then the speakers are a big waste of time and battery.

Why is that??

Because I dont think the speakers will make the experience that much better. I rekcon most people will turn off the sound from the speakers to save batterylife.

Because I dont think the speakers will make the experience that much better. I rekcon most people will turn off the sound from the speakers to save batterylife.
I'm interested in how loud the Wii remote’s speaker is. I get the feeling it's going to struggle in a loud 5.1 setup. I don't want to be forced to play games with the volume really low just to be able to hear the sound from the Wii remote.

hopefully nintendo work out all potential speaker problems before the Wii releases. nice mock ups also redshell!

I hope we can change the volume in-game, or else it can be a problem if you change the volume of your sound system during the game and cannot adjust the volume of the Wiimote.

Actually, the speaker is one of the things I'm most interested in. I think it's a great idea and it can add a lot of interesting experiences to the gameplay.

*imagines light saber sound from Wiimote*

phwoooosh!

Hehehe.

Assassins Creed on Wii?

June 22nd, 2006

Although the Wii may not be able to handle the graphics of one of the hottest games to be released later next year, Assassins Creed from Ubisoft (a Prince of Persia-esque style title) according to a 1up.com report, Assassins Creed which is currently known as a PS3 exclusive may not be exclusive after all. The report speaks about a Ubisoft games list that was leaked a few months ago that revealed a game known as “Assassins” was on it’s way to the Wii and other platforms. However according to 1up.com, the game may be making it’s way to the 360 (especially since it was originally developed on 360 hardware).

I hope so :bouncy:

that would be so awesome! who would want to play that game on the ps3 or 360 if you have the Wii's controls!

I hope so :bouncy:

Me too, that game looks absolutely staggering :hehe:

Really the only game of two that might make the PS3 worth getting.

What in god's name has happened Kiyoshi Saruwatari!?? He hasnt posted anything for a whole week! Was he found out by Nintendo and sacked or has he just run out of fantastical ideas!!

http://saruwatari-wii.blogspot.com/

well, if you read his last post, it says that the wiimote will have a microphone. Unfortunately for saruwatari, Iwata (or Miyamoto) stated

that the Wii will not have a mic.. Thus proving that saruwatari is not a true insider... all we can do now is hope that he is good in guessing.......

that would be so awesome! who would want to play that game on the ps3 or 360 if you have the Wii's controls!

Not me, but unfortunately many people will chose gfx over control.