NEurope
Dante

ATI: Wii Graphics at E3 "Tip of the Iceberg"

i really can not complaing about the graphics, i watched the Red Steel part of the ONM DVD and it looks amazing! Not to stray from the point bu the AI is so good, the guy shot someone from above him in a buildin he fell down, he watched him go down i swea another enemy on a level below watched his mate fall to his death., then he gets shot and runs off.

But those graphics were pretty amazing, im sure i saw the guy with the sword smirk, when he did something.

i really can not complaing about the graphics, i watched the Red Steel part of the ONM DVD and it looks amazing! Not to stray from the point bu the AI is so good, the guy shot someone from above him in a buildin he fell down, he watched him go down i swea another enemy on a level below watched his mate fall to his death., then he gets shot and runs off.

But those graphics were pretty amazing, im sure i saw the guy with the sword smirk, when he did something.

Mate is that the trailer or is that someone actually playing it? Cos the trailer is completely different graphically from what was on display in the booths. That's why so many people got annoued.

Well the trailers have been showing the better graphics so far, and it was a trailer.The booths were kinda old ver. i believe or something.

However, it didn't have the same cool lighting effects as in the demo shown at the conference at that part, but i think it was to do with what happened.

Mate is that the trailer or is that someone actually playing it? Cos the trailer is completely different graphically from what was on display in the booths. That's why so many people got annoued.

well in the video, it could have been a trailer for it, but the way the guy was tood there doing all the motions and stuff, like clickin away to do that hyper mode shot thing where you an kill 4 peopel in one go or something.

your right it could have been a pre-video but it still looked pretty cool

Actually movies run at 30fps. The eye captures 30fps but the reason games look choppy at 30fps is that they lack motion blur (wave your hand in front of your face to see it rather well). Movies and real life have blur so it works. Games need 60fps to look smooth to us.

Hey, I'm learning something every day! Great!:grin:

maybe the demo at e3 was running on gamecube components? Anyway the ubisoft guys probably used a high performance pc to get the best version they could for a trailer, just to reel you suckers in.

ati's statement feels like a load of ball to me. I mean they avoided it afterwards and went straight to talking about nintendo not being about graphics but innovation, probably because alot of the criticism for wii is in the graphics department, and to any absent minded fool is thus their department and credibility I just know later in the year we're probably going to be playing what was shown at e3 and nobodys going to remember or even care about this.

i really dont believe this.All the console games shown at e3 were tip of the iceberg for their consoles(except 360 i suppose)

It happened in the past sure.Imagine if resident evil 4 came out at gamecubes launch.

I don't care about the tip, middle of bottom of the iceberg. If the games are fun I want to play them. Simple as.