NEurope
Charlie

Thinking of importing?

Is anyone else thinking of importing a Wii from America? I don't mind having to wait a month or so longer than they do, the only game I've ever imported is Mario Kart. But with NoE's slackness isn't making me want to buy a PAL Wii. First off, Metroid Prime Hunters, the American's get stats online and can view each others stats etc, we don't. Secondly, our WiFi page came up about 2 months late and was an exact copy, which isn't a bad thing, of the American page, but lacked the log in part, which is really the whole point of it. It hasn't even been updated since the beginnng of May, and before that, March. It doesn't even have a Tetris page yet, the game came out 2 months ago!

The only thing that is putting me off is the possibilty of not being able to play LAN with PAL consoles on some games, like the DS can't do for some. Not being able to buy games in-store doesn't bother me anymore, I haven't done that for ages, VGP is so reliable I'll get any game I want within a week, which will still be months before it comes out here. Waiting a month or so for a console is acceptable, waiting 2 months for a game isn't.

Depends on the dates, but I havent put the option aside.

I know it can be sore, but in these situations patience is a virtue. Besides, I'm sure Datel or someone will have a multiregion-disk thingy out in no time like with GC - then import to your hearts content.

If there is over a month gap ,i'll import.NoE just takes the piss all the time.

Yeah i've definetly thought about it. There might be some complications with the online service though that we don't know about yet, so i'll decide later.

don't fancy importing and messing around with any freeloader type stuff..... i just hope NOE don't take the piss :starts praying:

I'll just get a normal pal one i'm waiting till my birthday to get one anyway (january) cheaper that way hehehehe.

I'm in two minds about this.

Like many others, I don't have much faith in NOE. Heck, their Stars Catalogue hardly has anything good in it! I've got over 2,500 stars saved and never used a single one. You see those neat exclusives over at Nintendo Japan's fanclub...

I'm going to wait and see what Nintendo reveal about the Wii and how exactly its online service will work. Will it be region free? Will demos be released worldwide rather than just region-specific?

After we get more information (maybe in the summer), I'll decide whether to import or not.

I've never imported a console so i'll probably not import this one eventhough i really want one >_<

I have been toying around with the idea for a while now. It really depends on the release date of the console and the price. If its just a month then probably not but saying that there is always the joy of getting Smash Bros early and besides I have quite a few US Gamecube games so It would save me using the Freeloader on my cube. Hmmmm Im still unsure, if its cheap enough I may get both a US and UK model.

NOE may be a bit rubbish, but I'd much rather have a PAL console and be able to buy games from the UK than have the NOA benifits.

If it's region free, ill get a PAL, and import NTSC games.
I really hope it is region free, I've never imported a console before and I don't really want to start now. But if NoE decide to take the piss, with the release date / price then I probably will import Wii.

Yeah, im not importing a console (though i might import a handheld depending on the circumstances).

If the Wii is delayed like the DS, November in the US, mid-March in the UK, then I'll import. The minimum delay is three months because I don't want to import and end up waiting a month.

I won't be importing. I have no easy way to access games quickly when I'm playing a US machine. If we get an option like freeloader with the Wii, I'll import games, but FUCK I JUST MISSED THE FIRST ENGLAND GOAL.

In short, I won't be importing.

Won't be importing. I'd hate to have to import every single game I want because it's impossible to run EU games on a US Wii, so even if I have to wait til 2007 then so be it.

Maybe. Depends on dates.

I hope to god we don't need to wait like 3 months for Europe to get the games after America! Surely NOE have learnt by their mistakes? Sadly they could do better with the DS release date IMO so maybe they won't change for the better....:indeed:

Ill hold on for the EU release, i havnt and never will have a US console. nearly didnt happen with inmmporting the ds but i held on.

i dont know why, i just dont lik the idea of having an american one, it lowers the sales for Europe while increasing for america meaning theyll of course get more stuff and not out here. take harvest moon 64 for example, i know it has no relevance but it was never released here :(