NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaxxx

Ubisoft hint at Wii specs

EN: How about the Wii hardware? What are the specs?

XP: Although i cannot give you exact numbers at this time i can give you a rough idea about the power of the machine. I would compare the graphics chip to somewhere inbetween the ATI Radeon X1400 and the Radeon X1600, and the CPU to between the AthlonXP 2400+ and the AthlonXP 3000+.

EN: Can you tell us how much memory at what speed the Wii has?

XP: I cannot say how much memory the Wii has, but its running at 650mhz.

EN: As we saw in many current-gen titles, 480p can result in significant jaggies. Can we expect AA and AF from Ubisoft's Wii titles?

XP: Red steel will have 4x Antialiasing and 8x Anisotropic Filtering.

EN: We've been hearing a lot of consistent talk about 60fps at 480p widescreen from other developers. Is this something we'll see a lot of on Wii?

XP: I believe so yes.

EN: Why is this target so easy to hit?

XP: The hardware is totally free of bottlenecks, nothing is slowing us down.

EN: For us graphics whores, what kind of sweet graphical effects will we see in Red Steel or Rayman that we haven't

seen in Gamecube games?

XP: We have alot of self shadowing going on, also we will have some normal maps and bump maps things like that.

EN: Will there be any innovative uses of physics in Rayman?

XP: Quite a few interesting things with physics in both Red Steel and in Rayman. We've got ragdoll in Red Steel for

example.

Its that legit that im pleased.

Already mentioned. Everyone knows it fake.

AFAIK it seems like a fake but hasn't been confirmed as such, If it is a fake I'm sure Ubisoft would ensure it's removed ASAP.

AFAIK it seems like a fake but hasn't been confirmed as such, If it is a fake I'm sure Ubisoft would ensure it's removed ASAP.

They probably don't even know about this.

Like system_error said...

Look at the main site and you will know IT IS FAKE. Why would a Ubisoft developer answer questions about the hardware when nobody else did? This whole article has written rumour all over it.

A Ubisoft answering like a spec sheet is highly unrealistic...

Unknown website needs attention: Fake interview and it gets a few more hits for a few days!

It was posted on a forum. Though it sounds great, there's no way it's true.

Sign in to follow this