NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Demuwan

Iwata talks Wii controller, Wii online

DS demos will be a mamimum size of 4MB (the size of the DS' RAM) so I don't think that will pose too much of a problem.

IMO the smartest thing Nintendo could do with the Wii is to include the USB WiFI Connector with every Wii console. That way anyone with an Internet Connection can connect online (As accessories, aside from controllers and memory cards, never sell!)

So, will 'normal' people be able to create their own games and upload them to Connect24? Or do you need a development kit?

Am i expected to keep my computer on all night in order to keep connected to wiiconnect24?

Did I read that right or did it say that we'll be able to download smaller games directly to the Wii over the network. If so that would just be incredible.

He said 500 yen, so thats around £3, 4 Euros. Thats just awesome.

I'm guessing these will be games like polarium and tetris, smaller games that don't cost a lot to make.

Am i expected to keep my computer on all night in order to keep connected to wiiconnect24?

Depends. If you have a wireless router, then no. If your computer IS your router (ie the net connection goes through it, then out again, like with the Nintendo USB key thing), then yes.

Depends. If you have a wireless router, then no. If your computer IS your router (ie the net connection goes through it, then out again, like with the Nintendo USB key thing), then yes.

Lets hope that we can plug it in normally for the internet because the wireless screws all the broadcasting tv thingys in my house

At least he speaks truth. "The current design for game controllers was determined by Nintendo". Unlike someone else I know.

Amyway, sounds cool.

Will the downloads be available at other times rather than through the night? I'm not allowed the computer on during the night.

I think I have a 30GB data transfer limit (30GB download and 30GB upload).

I dont think the Wii will be capable of downloading 30GB of stuff during a month!!

also:

Take a flat-rate!!! it´s only 10€(6,50 pounds) per month in germany:bouncy:

Wha´t does it cost in other european countrys?

There is €10 flat rate in Ireland too. (i think for 30hours online per month)

*flashes*

"You've got demos"

Interesting stuff, good ideas there

i wonder if hey could do the samish as the 360 having it hooked straight up to your router, does it have a etherent port on it, the wii? if not then ive got a USB to ethernet adaptor, so i could put that in the back of my wii and hook it up straight to my router. tha would be as awesome as i wont have to have my pc on for the ninty dongle.

also i noticed an LED in someo f the pictures from he TGS i think. wondered what it was.

A USB ethernet adapter was already confirmed so dont worry

" Let's say your Wii is connected to the Internet in a mode that allows activation on a 24-hour basis". So it's an option. Good.

But its WIFI its different than your average internet connection, even if you are running through your ISP.

Mine works like that. It's from my neighbour. :yay:

Another nice hint about Wii Connect24. But they are still holding more things back about it, I can sense it..

I don't get it? explain?:confused:

New Super Mario Bros and DS Lite sales of this week in Japan.

New Super Mario Bros and DS Lite sales of this week in Japan.

OOOhhhhhOOhhKay!!!!

Nintendo have said that you can buy a USB/ethernet adaptor, stefkov, so you can use your router.

To whoever asked if you could download things at other times - I'm 99% sure there will be an option to turn off downloading things automatically and you can choose when to download them.

To whoever asked if you could download things at other times - I'm 99% sure there will be an option to turn off downloading things automatically and you can choose when to download them.

That would be me, thanks. The computer makes too much noise so I can't leave it on at night.

That would be me, thanks. The computer makes too much noise so I can't leave it on at night.

As I said, I can only guess that they'll have that option, but it would be one of the worst decisions Nintendo would have ever made not to be able to do that.

To be honest, I really can't see NoE doing things like that for us, most likely we'll get a game demo once a month and new content for games about twice a year.

WiiConnect24 sounds sweet, all we need now is them to sort out the online service for setting up games and it'll be awesome.

Yeah, this sounds great, I'm just so annoyed if they use seperate friends codes for each game. For me, if they just had a friend code for each Wii, then, when you type it in you get them come up on your contact list managed in the Wii home menu. Then you can send them messages etc. from there and that list is then used in all of your online games. Simple, practical, and most of all could still be for free (It's similar to MSN is it not?)

What do you guys reckon? Good idea?

Man I just realised this when I was driving on the freeway. Spore on Wii Connect24!!! Man the possibilities.:yay: Or even Animal Crossing

Why does it make soo much noise??:confused:

Sign in to follow this