NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CompSci

T- 37 mins for Half life 2 Episode 1

Hell Yea!

i went my local game store to day and saw the games behind the counter but they couldnt sell it till 2moro...

Ah well, pre-loaded it is.

wow its unlocked looks aweosme, but i can not play it yet casuei got soul reaver 2 to finsh as well as the longest journey grr

I couldn't preload it cause I don't have access to a credit card, only a bloody switch which didn't work when I tried it.

Tried to con people in game/HMV today to letting me buy it but apparently it's illegal which I didn't know.

Didn't Game, only a couple of years ago, crash nearly every big game release by a few days?

Decrypting now... might leave until tommorow though. I'm pretty tired right now and I want to be well fed and rested to fully enjoy the experience.

I ahvent finished Hl2 yet, iw as playin today

up to the bit on water hazard with the 2 tanks, (by this time you have the gun)

Can i blow these bitches up with antyhing?

Completed it :D Woooo. It was great while it lasted, just a little too short. Guess I'll be waiting to Xmas now for Episode 2! :o Trailer for it :o

What? That can be competed in a day? Thanks for telling that. Now I don't have the urge to buy it. Don't actually know why I even had the urge. I mean I didn't even figure out HL2's story... Well probably going to get it when they release some über package which contains all the episodes and some bonus stuff.

It last 4 hours, but those 4 hours are fantastic. It really is a great "add on" for the game.

MAn, i need to finish HL", up to ravensholme, im supposed to be meeting that guy in a church? I think there are some stroyline parts im missing here, maybe i should've played the original to understand,

Couple of questions

A: What is Black Mesa?

B: Why is the world in this game all under control, post apocalyptic n stuff?

Guess what.

Alyx dies!

:o

We don't know if thats true.

MAn, i need to finish HL", up to ravensholme, im supposed to be meeting that guy in a church? I think there are some stroyline parts im missing here, maybe i should've played the original to understand,

Couple of questions

A: What is Black Mesa?

B: Why is the world in this game all under control, post apocalyptic n stuff?

A: Place where Gordon worked in HL1. It all begun there when a certain experiment went wrong (it opened a portal to an alien world). Freeman was just unlucky to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

B: This I haven't really figured out. But somewhere between HL1 and 2 the dude took over the world. And that's what I have figured out. It probably has something to do with aliens and stuff...

If you look around the newspaper clippings in Half-Life 2, it tells you little bits of what happened. Basically the Combine appeared out of nowhere and in the 7 hour war manage to take over the earth, they are now stations around the world called "Cities."

Story Info

The portal storms, believed to be caused by the death of the Nihilanth, raged (and still do according to Marc Laidlaw), spreading Xen life forms across Earth causing the people to move into cities for protection. These portal storms attracted an alien empire known as the Combine that defeated all of Earth's armed forces in only seven hours. Dr. Wallace Breen apparently negotiated a surrender on behalf of the entire planet, saving the survivors at the cost of their freedom. Breen was appointed ruler of Earth, but remains under the control of the Combine.

There is some indication that Breen, who was also the administrator of the Black Mesa Research Facility, mentioned but never seen in Half-Life, intentionally arranged the disastrous resonance cascade; this may explain why he was in a position to plead for mercy from the Combine on humanity's behalf. Among such evidence for this is the fact that the scientists in the original Half-Life mention that the material being used for the teleportation test that caused the resonance cascade was given to them by the Administrator and that "he went through some lengths to get it," perhaps making a deal with the Combine. This is a theory that has not been confirmed, however.

At the beginning of Half-Life 2, the G-Man makes a brief reference to the war, telling Gordon Freeman that "all the effort in the world would have gone to waste." This is generally understood to be a direct reference to the war, the establishment of Dr. Breen's terror state, and the reasons for Freeman's stasis. Despite Freeman's superhuman triumph at Black Mesa, there was nothing that he or the entire human race could have done to save Earth from the unimaginably superior forces of the Combine empire.

All this info By just paying attention to the game environment? :shock: Now I need to replay HL2...

Do you have to have a finished save file on your computer to play this? When I reformatted my hard drive last I forgot to back up my game saves, d'oh!

All this info By just paying attention to the game environment? :shock: Now I need to replay HL2...

There's a part in Eli's lab that if you go and look at the paper clippings near the crystal orb thing, he speaks to you a little about it.

You know when you fall through 2 floors i think its in the hospital and you land in a room full of water and those things that hang from the ceiling and suck you up.

what do you do in that room? ive been stuck for over an hour in it, i never got as stuck as this even in Half life 2...

You know when you fall through 2 floors i think its in the hospital and you land in a room full of water and those things that hang from the ceiling and suck you up.

what do you do in that room? ive been stuck for over an hour in it, i never got as stuck as this even in Half life 2...

In HL2, when in doubt, experiment with the grav gun.

A: Place where Gordon worked in HL1. It all begun there when a certain experiment went wrong (it opened a portal to an alien world). Freeman was just unlucky to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The G-Man said at the beginning of Half-Life 2 that Gordon was the right man in the wrong place.

Hmmm.....

(Stupid post, just bored)

The reason why the combine took over was during the 7 hour war.

Yes the Humans sucked that much that the Combines took over within 7 hours. In HL1, Dr.Breen is your administrator he obviously knew what happend at Black Mesa and bargained with the Combine to become leader of City 17.

But basically, what Dom said is right... and damn indepth too.

Go to the back at the room to switch on the electricity, this will then open the door.

The electricity also electrifies the water so you will have to do a running jump along the wobberly metal floor to reach the safe part and then jump right into the small alcove with that spider thing in it. From there you can move along the ledge to reach the door.

Sign in to follow this