NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
That Guy

What counts as completing a game?

I've completed a few games recently, but I was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this. What counts as 'finishing' a game? For instance, I finished Pikmin last week all 30 parts, so i know I finished that. But today I got the 10,000 debt paid off and got the end credits in Pikmin 2. So have i completed that? I couldn't be bothered to play the few remaining caves.

What do you reckon?

Mostly I feel that I've completed a game when I see the end credits, but there have been a few exceptions. Eg, Majoras Mask - I completed it but still felt like I needed to get all the masks, it only felt complete after I did that.

i count when you see the credits and its says The End i count that as comleting a game

Depends on the game. With some Im content with seeing the credits. But with Wind Waker for example I wast happy until I had all the items and quite few of the trophies/statues/whatever they are. With Tales of Symphonia I was happy just to finish it as it took longer than most games do anyway (was my 1st proper RPG) (by that I mean with stats and levels and stuff, Zelda and Fable are RPGs but different).

with some games that means nothing though. I can see the credits for DOA in about five mins if i really want to.

course, it can mean you really have finished the game. Prince of Persia or Max Payne being good examples from my collection.

Like everyone else said. Depends on the game. Examples:

Animal Crossing: I would say having the biggest house all paid off and doing all the extra things that require money (getting the model of the shop from having savings etc) until you get to a point where you have nothing to spend money on.

I would say I have completed a game when I see the credits, but if I enjoyed it, I would 100% it.

I'd also say the End Credits but it's down to your personal feeling in the end (no pun intended). Mainly it has to do with the goals you set for yourself. For example in Zelda WW I wanted to get the whole map and did any sidequest that came across my way there were still a few things left, still I felt I had completed it. On the other hand I completed Baten Kaitos on Tuesday but there are a few sidequest left and the ending wasn't exactly what I was expecting so I kind of have a feeling that I didn't complete it properly.

Maybe it has also something to do with finishing the last boss rather quickly. I was lucky and managed to get a 1 to 8 combination straight with Kalas and that translated to 8000 damage. Normally I do 1000 damage...

personally, i feel a game is completed when i've done the final boss of the whole game, for instance wind waker, or when he storyline is complete. Obviously there are extras to do but for example, i could feel content with doing the missions on a GTA game and not get all the packages or what not to get 100%, but still feel like i had completed it - because i had done all the missions

some games feel like they never finish in my experience.

for example ufo, enemy unknown for the PC

i played, battled through this game, of back then epic proportions.

till one day sat with my gameing accomplice, it stopt.

could it be!

the wait was so intence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bast@*&$ :nono: they gipt us. five lines of some thing that i can bearly read, this can not be! ash ! :shakehead all these hours for this..............

about 2 months later he came grining and bouncin at my door waving in the air what looked like a disk. he ran past me and went straight to the computer with in minuets - more like 6 minutes - he had the base that we had saved up on the screen. watch this! he beamed---half an houre later we had bought all we needed and had the base kited out we even had the ability to take over the alians oooooooooooooohhhhhh:yay:

ITS,,,,,,,,INCREDIBLE.. the game didnt realy loose any thing it gained everything. As you came across the harder alians early'er we even discoverd more alians and ships......well done cheat disk!!

a bit like gta sa or any of them. you can finish it with great satisfaction but untill your having a dog fight, diving towards the earth orderin your self a new harrier from the sky and defeating your 5 or 6 star team that waits for you at the bottom with supream and god like efficenatse you havent completed it.

for me compleating a game is being able to dominate it in all aspects. untill you can do this to a game you havent complated it, even if you have seen the credits. and if its a two player game something like golden eye then it is never compleated as you can still go to any town and challenge some one and if you have got to agod like status then you will win against all those who have just seen the credits. THE END

if you read through all that your just as board as i am: peace:

Before I class a game complete I like to unlock everything that can be unlocked and finish the mainstory and sidequests if any. Took me ages to get all of the cards on Baten Kaitos.

For me completing a game is getting to the end when you see the credits.

However total completion is going back and doing all the extra's i.e collecting all those damn blue coins on mario sunshine.

Getting to the end of a game that has two parts is not completing IMO. I remember arguing with Dom because he claimed he completed the Matrix game, even though he had not gone through with both characters (each character has very different levels).

Same applies for games like Resident Evil.

For RE or Silent Hill, completing that for me can be with either character, but with a good ending/

Getting to the end

Lol. Well I just got end credits on Pikmin 2, paid off the debt which is the objective in the game, but haven't gone through every cave. So would you say that's completed?

You complete the game when you get to the end credits

You finish a game when you've got/unlocked everything you can.

A game is completed when I see the credits. In some games I try to unlock everything, but that's not completing the game in my eyes.

Well, its tricky, because most games end at the credits, but some arent fully completed.

I'd say you've completed it if you've reached your personal goal. (Like finishing animal crossing once you get 100,000,000 bells or finish the story mode of something)

I consider completing a game as either finishing all the main objectives ie, getting the biggest house in animal crossing orrr getting to the end credits (not counting games like soul calibur where you get the credits after each arcade mode completion)

I consider "fully completing" a game as finishing it, unlocking and getting absolutely everything possible.

I'm slightly OCD in my gaming. Unless every possible objective, item and aspect of a game has been found and completed I'm just not satisfied I've completed the game. I didn't stop playing Timsplitters 2 until I had unlocked every charcter and map or SSBM until I had every trophy. I spent a good 100 hours on FF7 discovering every aspect of the game as well as replaying several times to discover any hidden things I missed. The annoying thing many of my Gamecube saves have now gone due to a crappy unofficial memory card, most irritating.

If you beat Smash Bros when you see the credits for the first time, you're a moron :P

Sign in to follow this