NEurope
Zell

Final Fantasy XII

my personal fav from the FF series is FFVI(III in the states) VII was great also VIII blew balls XI was pretty good then they went downhill

FFX is the best ever.. how can you not love it!! ffx-2 was ok, but it did suck in comparison. all of final fantasys failed in comparison

FFX is the best ever.. how can you not love it!! ffx-2 was ok, but it did suck in comparison. all of final fantasys failed in comparison

FFX was alright but Tidus was an annoying lead character. I loved the story but the constant use of " you know " after everyline was a joke. Whoever did the translation wants shot for that. Only decent character in X was Auron...what a guy!

FFX was alright but Tidus was an annoying lead character. I loved the story but the constant use of " you know " after everyline was a joke. Whoever did the translation wants shot for that. Only decent character in X was Auron...what a guy!

and Lulu!!!

Only decent character in X was Auron...what a guy!

Auron rocked the others annoyed me, especially Wakka...

Final Fantasy X was okay, better than VIII (awaiting backlash) but not as good as IX or VII.

Here's hoping Vaan won't be as whiny as Tidus was.

Started playing it the other day. It's such a beautiful game. So different from past instalments. The only problem I have so far is that boss battles don't seem to have that impact on you. Although I've only seen three so far and they haven't exactly been huge. So I guess later on when I've got lots of items, summons and so on it will change.

Ah, you're in front of me then. I've just got into the tomb with those Demon Walls that like to come and follow you. I just died on them!

So guys, does it live up to the PS1 FFs?

i'm expecting it will. it seems to be FFs Resi 4. my favorite FFs are probs the 2d ones and FF IX on the PSone.

any news on when we may get our hands on this game? sometime next christmas or early 2008 do you think?

I read the IGN review, they love this game. Its cool to have seen some names I know pop up from Tactics - wee Montblancs there and the Giza Plains aswell to name but two.

What about the Skies of Arcadia parallels in this though?

It shoudln't be too long now since it's already been localized for English. Just a matter of working on the PAL conversion.

I'm expecting a Febuary release date. They really need to release it before PS3 launches, or it won't sell as much. My fave is FFVIII, the story is great, and Squall is such a brilliant character. XII looks like it's going back to the story-driven gameplay, which is a bonus, as X-2 was dump.

Well my fave is FF7 but this could be following up as the 2nd best FF game. I'll see if it is when I've completed it. :)

Ah, you're in front of me then. I've just got into the tomb with those Demon Walls that like to come and follow you. I just died on them!

1st Wall is really hard. But i beet it using a limit brake strategy and some ethers. second wall I finnished with one limit brake :yay:

So guys, does it live up to the PS1 FFs?

Imo it's the best FF. FF7 is really good but it now has outdated gameplay.

Thats why I like FFXII better than FF7. The new combat system was the right way to push the series forward.

It's indeed and awesome game, finally a FF that feels that you're actually playing and it's an actual RPG not some linear "go here, fight, go there, watch FMV, repeat" game. Good voices too.

About to hit 16 hours. I travelled through the mines but got my arse kicked my that big giant T-Rex boss like thing. I've gone to do some of the hunting missions now, just so I can level up a bit and then go back and hopefully kick its arse.

Ok somebody settle my fears here.

Its about the battle system. I mean, the reason I loved final fantasy was for the turn based system. Controlling a team of people, setting up strategy within that team etc.

Then kingdom hearts came out, and the game literally could be completed by slamming x the whole time. No strategy or anything just straight action.

And from what I've seen this game isn't very different, albiet a more advanced party. Just shifting from being a turn based rpg(which I love) to action rpg(which I loathe)

I don't want to run around as one character attacking constantly while my computer controlled party members use magic. heal, attack automatically etc.

I want to be able to use everybody and learn their strengths and weaknesses.

So the real question lies in this wait option thats available. Does it work? Or is so much emphasis placed on action that it hasn't had much development gone into it.

Im not sold on the combat idea as i liked it how it was but my faves are VII and VIII and from what ive seen of it so far it wont stand up to them, you need strong characters and i just dnt think it has them.

The characters are very strong in the game. Balthier is very very likeable person, he's probably my fave character. He has very witty humour. :D

I dont think they look cool enough either, wheras the woman from ff xiii looks pretty cool.

Heathen! Fran owns!