NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

First Wii EU prices for games revealed

This being Play.com that stated, "Eschewing the cel-shaded cuteness of Windtalker".

Don't believe any stores,they don't have any info yet,just let them be.

I would prefer games to be no more than £20 - as this is suppposed to me mass market entertainment and yet they still are more expensive than buying a dvd and a cd together.

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Microsoft and also fuck you Nintendo

Also, do you realise how much work goes into a game compared to a CD?!?!...A LOT MORE If more people bought videogames, then they could lower the prices more, Film makers get WAY more money than they deserve, and videogame creating isn't a very rewarding business moneywise compared to film & music.

This being Play.com that stated, "Eschewing the cel-shaded cuteness of Windtalker".

What the heck???? Is that Windwaker they're talking about?

Also, do you realise how much work goes into a game compared to a CD?!?!...A LOT MORE If more people bought videogames, then they could lower the prices more, Film makers get WAY more money than they deserve, and videogame creating isn't a very rewarding business moneywise compared to film & music.

Fuck yeah i do, all i am saying is that if at £20 they sell 1 million copies, whilst at £50 they have a greater chance of only selling 500,000 copies - therefore they get more money.

If we assume that every game can generate a £5 profit.

Agrees with Zeldafreak, games are too expensive as they are. If Nintendo truly want to break into the non gamer market they need to price their games in an impulse buy catagory (I'd say around £30, with DS games dropped to £20)

That being said, these prices are not confirmed as Nintendo and only Nintendo decide the pricing for Wii games, not Sega. I reckon that they'll just be £40 again but you never know!

Like it or not, Nintendo still need to make a profit to survive as a company. They haven't quite developed the power to ignore the base rules of finance and industry and get away with it. Wii may be cheaper to develop for then its rivals, but I'm geussing there's still some significant capital being invested. Quit your whining and be happy you're only likely to pay £40 for your console games.

But I thought games were part of mass media - yeah i know they must make profit but surely it would be beter to have lower profit margins on all games - therefore tempt no-gamers to game.

I’d like to know why PC games are less expensive (~10€) although having Hi-Res, lots of costumization options and have to work on many different setups.

It also hurts me often to pay 60€ for a game but if it's really outstanding I think the price can be justified. ie Zelda, Mario, Resident Evil

Today Sega together with Atari presented their pricing for a few Wii games for EU (to be more precise BeNeLux):

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz: 59.90€

Sonic Wild Fire: 59.90€

So far I am not convinced I thought that also third party developers make their games a little bit cheaper - at least 55€. So I guess the whole "lets make game development cheaper" did not work out. At least not for customers. Again...

(PS3 prices are even higher ... World Snooker Championship 2007: 73.99€)

Source: Gamefront

cheaper than 360 and ps3 more like!Im happy with the price so long as this time round they have a proper players choice collection like the platimun ps2 collection.players choice always arrive too slow.mario kart double dash is STILL full price!

But I thought games were part of mass media - yeah i know they must make profit but surely it would be beter to have lower profit margins on all games - therefore tempt no-gamers to game.

Yeah, you do have a point, and of course, that was a consideration when writing my previous post, however, they could lower the price of games and not sell that many to make up the difference. They're already taking a 'risk' with the Wii, maybe once the Wii is looking like it's going to be a success they'll lower the price of games, even though this is unlikely.

I do agree that they should be made £30 in shops though; £30 online is when makes me more willing to buy them.

Play.com seems to have its own estimates at £49.99 a game, but then again every ps3 game is £49.99 aswell.

Sign in to follow this