NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

First Wii EU prices for games revealed

Today Sega together with Atari presented their pricing for a few Wii games for EU (to be more precise BeNeLux):

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz: 59.90€

Sonic Wild Fire: 59.90€

So far I am not convinced I thought that also third party developers make their games a little bit cheaper - at least 55€. So I guess the whole "lets make game development cheaper" did not work out. At least not for customers. Again...

(PS3 prices are even higher ... World Snooker Championship 2007: 73.99€)

Source: Gamefront

You do realise that they mean cheaper than PS3/360 right? I'm happy that they are around the same price as current gen games.

That's 41 British Pounds.... That's what 3rd party GC games were when the console was first launched.

You do realise that they mean cheaper than PS3/360 right? I'm happy that they are around the same price as current gen games.

No Nintendo did not. Iwata cleary stated that his intention is that games generally become cheaper. He even said nearly no casual gamer would just go in a store and pick up a game for 60$ (not €) and Nintendos goal is to lower prices. To achieve that they want to help that development will be easier and cheaper. Furthermore most 360 games here are on sale for 59.90€ - some like Table Tennis from Rockstar are sold for 35€.

73.99€ for a P$3 game? And for a snooker game at that? That's £50.69 before VAT! Fuck off, Sony!

Same price for Wii games at launch as GC games where at launch? That's fine for me.

We can talk about the basis of comparison for Iwata's statements all day. But don't forget that these games are aimed more at the hardcore (ok maybe not MB so much) but the prices could quite easily go down after launch. The "touch generations" type games like Wii Sports could be a lot cheaper, you never know. Those kind of more simple games, like Wware too, might be £20.

We can talk about the basis of comparison for Iwata's statements all day. But don't forget that these games are aimed more at the hardcore (ok maybe not MB so much) but the prices could quite easily go down after launch. The "touch generations" type games like Wii Sports could be a lot cheaper, you never know. Those kind of more simple games, like Wware too, might be £20.

Well a price tag of 60€ for Wii Sports or any other similar game would be a joke.

Might just be so 3rd parties can gain a bigger profit by keeping their prices the same and Nintendo lowering their prices to attract more gamers.Hope it gets reduced between £30-£35.

I think the prices should vary with £39.99 being the top price and £19.99 being the least.

A game like Super Monkey Ball: Blitz should be £29.99 while Zelda: TTP should be £39.99 and i would pay that!

£19.99 for Wii sports (it better be).

:)

I wouldn't want to pay £50 for a Wii game, i'm sorry.

I'll pay €60 for a Wii game, seeing as most shops charged that much for Gamecube games. I wasn't expecting much cheaper than that.

I know shops are going to charge more though, like €70 for a game*coughSmythscough*.

I reckon third party games will be £40, 1st party £30 and then smaller games ('Touch' games, brain training style, WiiSports) £20.

They can charge what the hell they want to for third party games, I prefer to buy Nintendo games.

I'm not paying 60 euro's for any Wii Game.

I'm going to be very blunt and rude here and say you're stupid. Im an honest guy.

Game prices will be dynamic, we'll see a lot of different game prices depending on content and publishers. Of course that the fact that games are cheaper to develop means that game prices can be cheaper, but most publishers want to make money. Since they spend less money developing, they make more money than with PS3/360 games and they'll make more Wii games. This also opens the doors for independent developers. Cheaper development has a lot of advantages. For instance this is proof that it worked and games aren't more expensive, since 360 games cost 70€.

But online it will be £30 - £35 compared to £39 in the shops

Most likely £35 but i guess that will still be okay.

I have 2 brothers and we pay for games together, so when we ordered a £30 gcn game off amazon, I only had to pay £10! I find paying £40 on my own very extortionate.

Well if its the same RRP as GC games were at launch, £39.99, that's fine by me as sites like Gameplay.co.uk will most likely sell for £29.99, as they usually sell for £10 less (360 games are £39.99 there rather than £49.99 in the shops)

60 euros is normal for a Cube game in mainstream shops. Most game shops lower the price to €55 or €50 though.

u do realise these are SEGA's prices and not nintendo?

if nintendo havent released their prices yet, SEGA are making an estimate, or selling them the ammount that suits them.

and Wii is like an updated Gamecube, so i would expect the same prices

and Wii is like an updated Gamecube, so i would expect the same prices

And 360 and PS3 are like an updated Xbox and PS2.

I'm disapointed...I was thinking in something more like 45euros but well...is better than the PS3 ones so...:indeed:

Those look like they could be RRPs to me - I'll be majorly surprised if new Wii games rae any higher then £40 at launch - like most new games. And why would £40 be an unnacptable price for wii sports? The final version will contain many more games besides the three shown at E3 remember.

whats the problem cube new releases are £40 at the moment those prices translate to £40, the prices have not gone up and are £10 cheaper then 360 games are probably PS3, nintendo empahsises cheaper development when compared to PS3 and XBox 360, how they do this is by offering cheaper development kits, using familier hardware and by not making HD a requirment.

I would prefer games to be no more than £20 - as this is suppposed to me mass market entertainment and yet they still are more expensive than buying a dvd and a cd together.

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Microsoft and also fuck you Nintendo

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Microsoft and also fuck you Nintendo

maybe you should give up on gaming if thats your view, or get an N-gage or Gizmondo

Sign in to follow this