N-Europe

How much should i save for launch date?

Marshmellow

I was wondering if you guys could help me estimate how much money to put aside for the launch date since you guys know prolly a little bit more about pricing then i do.

All i want to get is the actually console,

4 games,

all extra addons such as the DVD player,

and 4 controllers

im guessing its gonna be about $700 but what do you think? THANX

i assuming : -

Wii With 1 Controller will be 150

Games say 40 quid each so 160

3 more controllers properly 3 times 20 quid so 60 quid

all together £370

Hmm wonder how they are gonna sell the controllers? With nunchuck or without?

I'm setting myself a budget of £300-ish. Hopefully I can get:

Wii console.

Extra Wiimote.

Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Wii Sports.

Tempted to buy more games, but I just want to enjoy 1 or 2 at a time. If I have cash left over, it'll be for an extra Wiimote and/or the classic controller.

I'm also looking around for a WiFi router (separate from budget) so I can play the Wii and Lite anywhere in the house without lugging wires around.

worst case scenario I'd say:

Wii - £300

3 extra controllers - £150

possible additional accessories (nunchuck, shotgun attachment etc) - £300

10 wii games - £500

£1250

I'm expecting the cost to be considerably less than that, and I imagine I'll be buying fewer than 10 games. but if you have £1000 you'll be more than fine.

I'll most likely get:

One console (with controller)

2 more controllers (they will come with the nunchuck attachment)

2 or 3 games

1 VC controller

If i can get it in a sort of bundle, I'm hoping for a total price of around £250.

Guest Stefkov

im getting

1 Wii = £150

1 extra controller = £30/£40

3/4 games = £120/£160

classic controller = £15/£20

total £315/£370

so for me i got to save up at least £400....

I'm counting on

€220 for the console

€110 for two games

€30 for an extra controller

€10 for the virtual console controller (it's a piece of plastic, how expensive can it be)

€30 of spending on the VC

That makes €400 for me.

worst case scenario I'd say:

Wii - £300

3 extra controllers - £150

possible additional accessories (nunchuck, shotgun attachment etc) - £300

10 wii games - £500

£1250

I'm expecting the cost to be considerably less than that, and I imagine I'll be buying fewer than 10 games. but if you have £1000 you'll be more than fine.

Your buying 10 games at launch. Wtf?! You wont be able to play them all and by the time you do they will cost about £10 each. Wait for some better games. And you're paying how much!? Do you have enough left to pay the mortgage?

Your buying 10 games at launch. Wtf?! You wont be able to play them all and by the time you do they will cost about £10 each. Wait for some better games. And you're paying how much!? Do you have enough left to pay the mortgage?

as I said, I imagine I'll buy fewer than 10 games. I'll get maybe a couple of single player games, most of the games I'll get would be good multiplayer games. at the moment, since so little is firm I'm assuming worst case scenario for my bank account. and the mortgage is fine thanks.

basically the tax man over taxed me a little, and I only noticed recently. I'm getting a few grand back, so figure I may as well spend it, since in my head it "feels" like unearnt money.

hopefully I'll change my mind before the Wii comes out, there are plenty of more sensible things to invest money in than a games console and games

I was wondering if you guys could help me estimate how much money to put aside for the launch date since you guys know prolly a little bit more about pricing then i do.

All i want to get is the actually console,

4 games,

all extra addons such as the DVD player,

and 4 controllers

im guessing its gonna be about $700 but what do you think? THANX

are you sure that's all you want?

anyway i just want the console an extra controller and a game, maybe two. thats it.

Guest Jordan

I'll get the console, another joypad, 4 games, VGA cable (if theres one out...).

I'll probably pick up a 2GB SD card as well, for additional storage.