NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mario114

What does this virus warning mean?

Does anyone know what this is or what it means, I was browsing the net (was on myspace at the time), and this popped up, it's not a pop-up as I'm using firefox etc and it's not linked to anything, it was just a warning sign:

warning3kh.png

I have the lattest AVG (updatted just today) and all the normall xp stuff, do I need to downlaod anything else?

***original post deleted****

DO NOT DOWNLOAD anything it tells you. Its a virus

EDIT

Also read this

http://www.pchelpforum.com/anti-virus/19878-backtera-virus.html

It seems its just a scam.

EDIT 2:

Also go here

http://www.pchelpforum.com/anti-virus/20036-backtera-virus.html

This will help you clean up your computer if indeed it is infected. There is a tech guy responding to this post and he seem to know how to help.

Hope you get sorted!!

To late...I clicked the ok once :cry: , and it just disapered :confused: , or it may have brought up a new window to install which may have been blocked. I think it may just be a scam on myspace as none of the scans I have run have found anything, and it just says may be vunerable, not infected.

Cheers for the links, if it comes back I'll try the scan that the tec guy reccomends.

Edit: is there any other virus scanner which are free and any good apart from AVG?

Theres not many good ones that are free that i know of but i use Spysweeper and it costs only $30 and i've never had a virus its extremely good for only $30

AVG is the best free one.

Maybe run some adware scans as well it ,might just be a tracking cookie. Ad-Aware SE is brilliant and there is a free version too.

No one uses windows defender, the update to M$Antispyware?!?

ww.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

add an "w"

Although it sounds like crap, because it from M$, it work quite well and has some real time protection, unlike the Ad-aware free edition. It also scan and reomves items well and can be set to autoscan whenever you want.

highly reccomended.

Note: Those of you with "special" copies of windows XP cannot use it...unless you find the modded Windows Genuine Advantage .dll file...But you don't know that.

Note: Those of you with "special" copies of windows XP cannot use it...unless you find the modded Windows Genuine Advantage .dll file...But you don't know that.

Hehehehe. :D

No one uses windows defender, the update to M$Antispyware?!?

lol I wondered why my ms anti-spyware disappared when I got windows deffeder (not sure how I got it, I just noticed it one day), anyway I re-installed ms anti-spare ware, so I've got both. :D

Sign in to follow this