NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

How much is this computer worth?

Alright well i wasnt sure if this went into the tech/pc talk or the trade board but i just put it here cause i go here more often.

Well i want to sell my custom built desktop since i really just dont need something this powerful, and it keeps costing me money cause i keep wanting to make it better lol. And i realised i been playing more xbox 360 and when the Wii comes out ill being playing that and i just dont need a powerful gaming pc just a simple laptop that does homework and stuff.

So here are the specs

Mobo: Asus P5ad2-E Premuim Wifi Edition its kind of an old chipset but it had wireless built in so its cool

Processor: Intel pentium 4 660 3.6Ghz HT tech

Memory-3 GB not sure about speeds ill check

PSU-Thermaltake Silent Purepower 680W

Graphic Card-ATI X1800 XT 512mb

Hard Drive: 74 GB 10,000 rpm (will format)

Drives: 2 Sony DVD-RW+/-Dual Layer

Display: Dell Ultrasharp 2405fpw 24"

Extras: Microsoft Keyboard with fingerprint reader, wireless mouse

there might be some things i forgot but if i remember i'll post em i would like to make +$3000 on ebay, since its custom built maybe a profit or something but i dont really member how much i bought it for. if you could just tell me a reasonable selling price i'd appreciate it THANX

Add together all retail prices on equiptment, look on invoice, then configure a system at dell with simmilar specifications.

Add your system price, and the dell price together and divide by two.

Go to ebay and place a cheaper than it is worth bid. Make sure you tell them windows is fresh and that they are getting the offical windows key and CD.

Dont get a Pentium CPU !!! It will let down the rest of that spectacular computer if anything get a AMD X2 Dual Core 4200+ or the slower version of 3800+ !!!

Dont get a Pentium CPU !!! It will let down the rest of that spectacular computer if anything get a AMD X2 Dual Core 4200+ or the slower version of 3800+ !!!

Actually intel just dropped their CPU prices. So it would be advisable to find out which ones are currently offering the best power/money ratio.

The P4 660 is a dual-core, isn't it? I'm sure my 650 is.... You wont get anywhere near $3000 though, probably closer to about a £1000-£1200 (good monitor)? Maybe a bit more depending on how well you make the listing.

Sign in to follow this