NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ipaul

Favourite album ever!

Sorry if theres been a thread like this before, but meh. Whats your favourite album ever? It can be a live album as well as normal. I'll start off:

Pulse by Pink Floyd

This is a live album performed in 1995 and it is so good. Has the entire dark side of the moon album performed on it and while i do think the live version of money is too long, Any colour you like is so good.:bouncy: Also has quite a bit of the stuff the band recorded after Waters had left live on it, with Sorrow being my favourite out of those tracks. It also has Comfortably Numb, Run like Hell, Shine on, Astronomy Domine and, of course, Another brick in the wall :awesome:

A Certain Trigger - Maximo Park

every song is awesome, saw these guys in concert, awesome awesome awesome

Pulse by Pink Floyd

Very nice choice , although my pick on there would be 'Shine On' which has always been my favourite Floyd song.

My all time favourite album would be 'Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral'.

From the opening blasts of 'Mr Self Destruct' to the closing moments of 'Hurt' this is an epic all-encompassing dark twisted journey into ones mental despair , with not a duff track contained within , and is still yet to be surpassed by Trent Reznor himself.

Twelve years on , it is still played regularly and has helped me deal with so many of my own personal demons. Not just an album but a personal saviour.

Since I guess a sticker album counts, mine would hafta be the old Wrestling sticker album. The one with the Doink logo shiny that was impossible to get.

My favourite Pink Floyd track (and fav song) is Money. Also think Dogs and Sheep are incredibly good songs, from a somewhat underrated album.

Premier League '95

The best sticker album - and I got the Manchester United shiny!

pl95.jpg

I really like both snow patrols albums.

They have released 4 you plonker :heh:

My fave album would have to be Probot by Probot, such a great album for banging your head to.

Great stuff.

The Killers - Hot Fuss. I know its prety recent but so much of it appeals to me. Its fantastico.

Holy Crap...theres far too many amazing albums for me to pick my favourite...

but it's between these:

Children of Bodom: Hatebreeder

Hatebreeder.JPG

Metallica: And Justice for all:

B00002605V.08._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Megadeth: Rust In Peace

Rust%20in%20Peace.jpg

In Flames: Colony

colony.jpg

Blind Guardian: NFIME

nime_cover1.jpg

Slayer: Reign In Blood

reign.jpg

Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power

Pantera---vulgardisplay-Wal.jpg

Mastodon: Leviathan

Mast-Lev.jpg

Trivium: Ascendancy

96200512253.jpg

The last ones a bit iffy, but I put in there because despite peoples preconceptions about them being a Metalcore band, they are not, they are metal through and through and Ascendancy is one of the best albums put out in recent years...

Edit:

Mine has to be Master of Puppets - Metallica.

Love it.

Right on!

Re-Edit:

Forgot...

Iron Maiden: Powerslave

POWERSLAVE.JPG

Right on!

Going to Download Ireland on 11th June!! Cant wait to see em again! 3rd time in 4 years.

Main Stage:

'tallica

Korn

Avenge Sevenfold

Tent Stage:

Stone Sour

Alice in Chains

Bloodsimple

Ten Years

Wicked Wisdom

Living Things

They have released 4 you plonker :heh:

:shock: :shock: :shock: What....really, coool, I have to track down the other 2, I have final straw and eyes open, I didn't know that had any more, I'm a huge fan....(though only have been for the last month) I NEED to buy those soon, if only I didn't clear out my bank account the other day I could have them off itunes by now.

Going to Download Ireland on 11th June!! Cant wait to see em again! 3rd time in 4 years.

Main Stage:

'tallica

Korn

Avenge Sevenfold

Tent Stage:

Stone Sour

Alice in Chains

Bloodsimple

Ten Years

Wicked Wisdom

Living Things

Im going to that too, but only im going both days, i wish alice in chains was on the main stage though :(.

Main Stage:

'tallica

Korn

Avenge Sevenfold

Tent Stage:

Stone Sour

Alice in Chains

Bloodsimple

Ten Years

Wicked Wisdom

Living Things

Lucky! I have AS exams, so I can't...besides, im not that much of a festival guy anyway, I'll prolly catch em when they tour after the album comes out...

The funny thing is, at leeds, Slayer are playing...and are being followed by My Chemical Romance...they're gonna get bottled so hard lol :laughing:

Oooh, a few choices - inlcuding Gorrilaz, Public Enemy, the Avalanches, Led Zepplin, Athlete, Texas and Gabrielle - but it has to be Beastie Boys - To The Five Boroughs. simply one of the finest albums in the last twenty years.

The Eagles- Hotel California

Anyone see them on BBC1 last night. Of course you didn't.

:shock: :shock: :shock: What....really, coool, I have to track down the other 2, I have final straw and eyes open, I didn't know that had any more, I'm a huge fan....(though only have been for the last month) I NEED to buy those soon, if only I didn't clear out my bank account the other day I could have them off itunes by now.

This is the list of their albums

Snow Patrol - Songs For Polarbears

Snow Patrol - When It’s All Over We Still Have To Clear Up

Snow Patrol - Final Straw

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open

Blink 182 untitled album - I'm not a massive fan of Blink before they did this album. I love Violence, and Asthenia, All of This was pretty good as well with Robert Smith.

Box Car Racer - Cat Like Thief is superbly written.

We Don't Need to Whisper - Everyone listen to Start the Machine.

Warning - I don't think this album was that popular was it? My favourite Greenday album this is.

My favourite band atm is Iron Maiden. They are simply mind-blowing (im going to see them at the NEC in december!!!!) My favourite album by them has to be The Number of the beast.

It's between Ocean Colour Scene's Moseley Shoals or Boysetsfire's After the Eulogy. Both are superb albums.

My favourite band atm is Iron Maiden. They are simply mind-blowing (im going to see them at the NEC in december!!!!) My favourite album by them has to be The Number of the beast.

Damn! How could I forget to add Powerslave to my list...???

Edit: Going to see Iron Maiden with Trivium in December at the MEN arena!! Gonna kick so much ass...

Sign in to follow this