NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Wii Camera

Just thought id make a thread about it...

So we will be able to put our faces into wii-sports and upcoming wii titles. this will be quite interesting.

would be nice to put a face to an online profile or something.

Perfect Dark was supposed to have the same thing. There was some scanner you could plug into the N64-controller, originally designed for pokemon trading cards of some sort. It's all a little vague. My point being; it's not the newest concept, but still a nice thing to see it work.

did i miss an anouncement or something ? theres a camera?

only camera i know of so far is the motion one in the wiimote it's self.

Not necessarily a camera. Read the other threads. It is likely just to be some kind of texture editing software, so you just make the face like you would in any art package program. There has been no suggestion of there really being a camera so far.

My understanding was that we make our own face. I dunno, ain't really found out much about it.

Nintendo finally copying Sony? How will the sony fan boys react to this?

Nintendo already made cameras before Sony, the GB camera, remember....

<_<

>_>

^_^

yeah i remember the gb camera actualy i think i seen a full color digital camera one on the gba at a local store. gb even had a printer.

hopfully this software is used in quite a few titles like racing titles and hopfully it supports exporting to your ds so you can edit the images from there.

Is it just me imagining things? But I'm sure there was a 64 game where you could take a pic with the GB camera and put it on your face, it was a FPS i think :S not sure.

Is it just me imagining things? But I'm sure there was a 64 game where you could take a pic with the GB camera and put it on your face, it was a FPS i think :S not sure.

yeah, but this time there will be software that will transform that face into a 3d face. Much more like a character. nothing revolutionairy, but real fun i guess

Crist almightly, these forums are getting out of hand. Stupid newbies.

Anyway, no camera was ever confirmed, you can draw your face with the Wiimote + it stores the face into the memory.

How could a cam ever be copying sony... Nintendo fans who were around during the N64 days new that a cam for the N64 was in development for a long time....or was it some kind of 3 dimensional photo booth? Would have been weird having our blocky N64 faces on characters' heads.:awesome:

Im glad that they are finally bringing that to fruitition, whether its with or without a cam.

Anyway, no camera was ever confirmed, you can draw your face with the Wiimote + it stores the face into the memory.

No camera has been confirmed, and no shitty drawing software has been confirmed either, so you too are in the wrong by trying to pass off the latter as accurate while the former is undoubtedly wrong.

look who's talking. The face software is allready in an older gamecube game that was cancelled:

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/482/482801/imgs_1.html

Wii sports is gonig to use it.

Now, you need a camera for this. Maybe you can upload a photo form your own camera with one of the USB ports, maybe Nintendo will introduce a Eyetoy like camera. They wanted one on the camecube vut for some reason decided not to.

Also, look at this patent quote from Nintendo:

Image processing system

An image processing system includes a fixed-type game machine and a hand-held type game machine. To the hand-held type game machine, an imaging cartridge is attached, and therefore, when an operator photographs a face image of a desired object, for example, face image data corresponding thereto is produced. In addition, by operating an operating switch of the hand-held type game machine, the operator can input feature data representing a feature of the object. The hand-held type game machine transmits the face image data and the feature data to the fixed-type game machine. The fixed-type game machine deforms provisional three-dimensional character data selected by the operator based on the feature data, and attaches the face image data to the deformed provisional three-dimensional feature data so as to compose an image. A composed image is displayed on an image display device by an animation based on the feature data.

Lol theyve done this recently: on Mario Kart GP Arcade, you had your face printed on mario characters for your opponents to see. Genius.

Lol theyve done this recently: on Mario Kart GP Arcade, you had your face printed on mario characters for your opponents to see. Genius.

wll, yeah,.. but that was just a 2d tag. This time hure head will be 3d and you will be a playable character :bowdown:

Nintendo brought out the tec to add players faces to perfect dark charctors long before sony had the eye toy, they removed the feature after shootings in the US.

Excuse me?

Can you put your face into ANY sony game?

I know it was possible to do it in THUG, by taking a picture, sending it to the developers, and then getting a 3D model of the face back after several days... But that's NOT copying Sony, that is, if anything, copying ACTIVISION.

And allso, it was supposed to be possible for the first time in Perfect Dark, where you were supposed to plug the GB camera into the Gameboy reader, but that was removed.

I remember our first (and only) race on Mario Kart arcade. I overtook you on the last corner and won :bouncy:

Anyway, this camera idea sounds great, and would make online fantastic. Imagine seeing Iwata as your opponent :love:

Anyway, this camera idea sounds great, and would make online fantastic. Imagine seeing Iwata as your opponent :love:

or one of the people who will print off a photo of him and take a photo of the photo using the Wii camara?

Let's not forget webcam games have been around on the PC for a long time.

The faces of Reggie, Iwata and Shigsy at E3 on the Wii Sports characters already suggested that there would be a camera - The characters looked far too life like to have been drawn (Although I suppose if the drawing software was particularly good and the person drawing it was very familiar with the software then it is possible)

The faces of Reggie, Iwata and Shigsy at E3 on the Wii Sports characters already suggested that there would be a camera - The characters looked far too life like to have been drawn (Although I suppose if the drawing software was particularly good and the person drawing it was very familiar with the software then it is possible)

Here's an idea for the final secret: the blue light around the disc slot is actually a 3D scanner, that swoops a beam across the players face and puts it in the game: peace:

OK, a bit over the top, but whatever!

Here's an idea for the final secret: the blue light around the disc slot is actually a 3D scanner, that swoops a beam across the players face and puts it in the game: peace:

OK, a bit over the top, but whatever!

COOOOOOOOO--OOOOOOOOOO--OOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

That is some good imagination!

Sign in to follow this