NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Marshmellow

Sony Fanboys

This isn't a thread to be mean to Sony Fanboys or such but a lot of my friends want to buy a PS3 now we all know better to buy a PS3 since we are all well informed, but they are not well informed and think its gonna be the coolest thing ever and that the price just means its gonna be that good! so any negative things towards the PS3 that i need to know so i can convince them not to buy it, tell me! THanx!

Meh let them buy it, will probably teach them a lesson.

I will get a PS3 but only if it survives 5 years and has a lot of good games and is cheap. That way I have 5 years of games to catch up on and also have 5 good PS3 years to look forward to...hopefully.

But then it doesn't bother me, if its a near-failure then I also have my Wii and Xbox360! :D

well I just got back from a friends house. Hes been reading more and more gaming mags and getting info, after all the info that I tell him about gaming consoles that I get from the net. And at first when the PS3 was annouced he said he was going to get one, me too in fact, and the more and more I told him about the PS3 the more he was leaning to not getting one. then I told him about how Sony wanted to stop pre-owned game sales, and he goes "Ehh I'm not getting one, its a piece of shit. I'm getting a 360, and have you seen Gears Of War?" And I said yes, yes I have. So there is one more person who has changed their mind on their own with out any pressure just info.

BTW: the filters for curse words don't work for me

maybe you should tell him that he needs an HDTV to play it to it potential. he will forking out £50 for each game. it is massively over price. it relys on a format that has no support and like umd it probably never will. Sony dont give europeans a choice they have to buy the most expensive version. also they stole ideas from nintendo so that means nintendo are onto a good thing.

if i think of more i will tell you.

Meh let them buy it, will probably teach them a lesson.

I concour. If they wan't to spend money just because its Sony, let them. They may like it, they may not but at least they would be the only ones to blame. Whent he PSP came out everyone at work tried to make me buy one, now they have all traded theirs in. (Now they're trying with the 360 but they're just fickle).

its also true that sony games u wont be able to trade in at gamestation etc? (read it somewhere not sure if true)

You can only learn by making mistakes. If they buy a PS3 and trade it in a few months later, then that's no fault on your part.

Let them be. :p

Say to them, if u buy a ps3, and not mgs4, you are all tossers/idiots/bumfaces, which ever you deem suitable.

Surely saying "now we all know better to buy a PS3 since we are all well informed" is somewhat fanboyish in it's own way?

I'm buying a PS3 at somepoint, does that mean I'm not a gamer or I'm misinformed? Not when I want to play the games I want. I aren't missing out on Makai Wars, MGS4, DMC4 and probably all the funky RPGs the system gets.

This isn't a thread to be mean to Sony Fanboys or such but a lot of my friends want to buy a PS3 now we all know better to buy a PS3 since we are all well informed, but they are not well informed and think its gonna be the coolest thing ever and that the price just means its gonna be that good! so any negative things towards the PS3 that i need to know so i can convince them not to buy it, tell me! THanx!

I was going to post something and then I just lost the will to live.

Don't point out the bad things about it. Get him to point out the GOOD things to you. See if he can really convince thats its worth it. If he can't say anything show him Gears of War and Zelda: TP.

Surely saying "now we all know better to buy a PS3 since we are all well informed" is somewhat fanboyish in it's own way?

I'm buying a PS3 at somepoint, does that mean I'm not a gamer or I'm misinformed? Not when I want to play the games I want. I aren't missing out on Makai Wars, MGS4, DMC4 and probably all the funky RPGs the system gets.

I do kind of agree. As much as I want to see PS3 fail, it's down to Sonys arrogance. As if we're not really worthy to own such a fine piece of kit, when really all it is is a a shiny PS2.

There will be some games on it that will appeal to a lot of people, and personally I wont get a PS3 because the games on it don't interest me, niether does owning a Blu Ray player. I'd much rather an Xbox, but thats just my opinion. Thats why i just posted about getting him to point out what he thinks is good about PS3, because if he genuinely thinks there will be some great games available, rather than getting it cus 'Oh I'm cool I got £500 Playstation' then it is fanboyish to convince him otherwise.

Bit of a ramble lol but still....

The best way I found to convice my friends is not by bashing PS3 directly, but by pointing out the good stuff on wii and comparing it to PS3 while showing the bad points of it. So it seems you're not beeing an ass, but just someone whos really informed on the subject and that they'll be interested on hearing you.

The best way I found to convice my friends is not by bashing PS3 directly, but by pointing out the good stuff on wii and comparing it to PS3 while showing the bad points of it So it seems you're not beeing an ass, but just someone whos really informed on the subject and that they'll be interested on hearing you.

I asked a few people, i said, the ps3 will be £425, WILL YOU BE BUYING ONE..

what what why is it so much?

oh due to the bluray player

whats that?

its a next generation disc format

what does it do?

play in hi definition

what if you dont have a hi def tv?

theeeeen, you got a console that plays genji 2, its awesome, you get real time weapon change, and its set in historical japan, and takes place in battles that ACTUALLY HAPPEN, and you fight this GIANT CRAB, where if you hit its weak point you inflict MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I think i will stick with the xbox 360

You could just scream the words "Riiiiidge Raaaaceeeer!" at them until they cowar with fear.

The argument that it's cheap because blu-ray dvd players are £1000 odd is the worst of the lot, firstly do you want/need or even know what good a blu ray one will do above a normal one for playing dvd's, and secondly sony are only making them that expensive so the ps3 looks like a good deal.

By the time there's a decent amount of stuff to play on blu-ray players (assuming it's not Betamax 2) Asda will be stacking em up next to the Sunny Delight at about £50 a pop anyway. Look at how fast DVD recorders came down in price, they were over a grand when they came out.

Gosh, do you people not remember the time when the PS2 was the cheapest DVD player around?? It turned out not being able to play anything properly.

Well that's the other thing about being an early adopter of stuff like that. You end up with something you paid a fortune for that's less compatible, bulkier and with less features then super cheapo models a year down the line.

I asked a few people, i said, the ps3 will be £425, WILL YOU BE BUYING ONE..

what what why is it so much?

oh due to the bluray player

whats that?

its a next generation disc format

what does it do?

play in hi definition

what if you dont have a hi def tv?

theeeeen, you got a console that plays genji 2, its awesome, you get real time weapon change, and its set in historical japan, and takes place in battles that ACTUALLY HAPPEN, and you fight this GIANT CRAB, where if you hit its weak point you inflict MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I think i will stick with the xbox 360

I almost pissed myself reading that! OMG it's so true :yay:

I heard the Wii isn't going to be powerful enough to handle cutting edge techniques like realtime weapon change :(

Well that's the other thing about being an early adopter of stuff like that. You end up with something you paid a fortune for that's less compatible, bulkier and with less features then super cheapo models a year down the line.

I'll wait till 2016 then, when the PS3 is the size of an OXO cube and only costs 25p.

I'll wait till 2016 then, when the PS3 is the size of an OXO cube and only costs 25p.

No need to wait that long, the point is that new technology like this comes down a hell of a lot in a short space of time.

Believe me, the PS3 wont fail. It's got massive support from the big software developers, you will be able to trade in games, Sony will have realised that, even if they didn't before.

maybe everyone should buy all 3, thats wot ill be doing, and ill be getting the best of all of them, i am the king of console wars.

Its money theyre fighting over, not the people playing the consoles.

Too expensive for me, but even if I had the money I wouldn't simply because I don't want the consoles.

Sign in to follow this