NEurope
demonmike04

Coca-Cola has a very bright idea...

Diet_Coke_FOOTBALL.jpg

The Coca-Cola football bottle

Now, i've seen special editions before, they are supposed to be cool. I bought a four pack of these yesterday. Not cool.

They are charged at around the same price as a normal bottle of coke at most places, and hold half the ammount. Absolute rip off.

250ml in a bottle, 4 pack cost around £1.70. Meaning i payed about 40p more just to have a liter of coke less.

The bottles are incredibly annoying, very uncomfortable. The only way you could possibly enjoy holding one is if you were the green giant (ho ho ho!) himself.

Bright idea for Coca-Cola to scam.

(They do however look funky, which is why i bought them)

Yeah, maybe if they were the same size as a football and were the same price as a four pack i'd be buying them alot... but seems like thats only a dream.

And yet you felt compeled to buy it, I think it works exactly like they want.

i dont think they aim to have a one time buyer... they lost themselves a customer this summer! I shall go to pepsi for my soda needs..

Its good business, the country is hyped on football fever, they're only taking advantage of this. Its not really a scam, they didn't force you to buy it.

Is it me, or does the World Cup on the label look like they spent 2 seconds in paint putting it on?

Pepsi Max > Coca Cola... IMO really, it just has a nicer taste to me.... but Coffee is the overall winner

And yet you felt compeled to buy it, I think it works exactly like they want.

Precisely. Most people usually don't aim for the drink they want, they just want to look cool holding a snazzy container.

Precisely. Most people usually don't aim for the drink they want, they just want to look cool holding a snazzy container.

An exception being the new Smarties tube.

coke, the best drink ever. I drink way too much of that, its fuckin ace.

And yes, i did get scammed with these bottles (69p in petty station) , but i had to have one.. its weirdlol

The bottles a re a rip off.. i only bought mine to use the bottle as a football.

its crap lol.

_40841603_smarties203-long.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What idiot got payed £10,000 an hour to design THAT?!!?....That's the kinda thing that makes younger generations so ignorant to that past :cry: Like the lack of 1p sweets (they do still exist) and small food (Choco bars used to be so much bigger, Cream eggs bigger with better CREAM!!!:cry:

That Coke Bottle looks too much like a round pineapple (sp?) grenade for my liking...They're going to increase terrorism rates!!! HAHA

All i can say about this is...........................

RIP-OFF.

£1.69 for four of these, rather buy two 2 letre bottles for the same price

Thats true about the cream eggs, they used to be bigger and better.

I'm getting seroiusly sick of every sodding company in the entire world getting on the football band wagon. It seems that if your advert on telly has to be in some way associated with either the world cup or just football in general. It's like they're all saying, hey look guys, we're not a big corporation out simply to milk all your money, no, we're just like you, see we like football, isn't it great. Wow look at all the greedy dipshit footballers who have appeared in out adverts, it's not because we shoved a big wad of cash in their pockets, oh no, it's because they know we are true football supporters just like you. Now go out and buy loads of our product to show you are a true football fan as well. Example, that idiotic pizza advert with the two guys argueing who likes football more. One of the arguments is, I've bought this pizza with crappy reconstituted balls of half digested meat biproduct on it, I must be the true football fan. Huge huge rip off plus Coca-Cola tastes incredibley nasty, like most fizzy drinks, give me sweet sweet fruit juice any day.

penny sweets faded into non-existance in Ireland at the advent of the €uro.....

now they are 2 cent each.......oh how i cried.....:cry:

penny sweets faded into non-existance in Ireland at the advent of the €uro.....

now they are 2 cent each.......oh how i cried.....:cry:

Could be worse, like the shops in my town not doing them any more at all.

I'm getting seroiusly sick of every sodding company in the entire world getting on the football band wagon. It seems that if your advert on telly has to be in some way associated with either the world cup or just football in general. It's like they're all saying, hey look guys, we're not a big corporation out simply to milk all your money, no, we're just like you, see we like football, isn't it great. Wow look at all the greedy dipshit footballers who have appeared in out adverts, it's not because we shoved a big wad of cash in their pockets, oh no, it's because they know we are true football supporters just like you. Now go out and buy loads of our product to show you are a true football fan as well. Example, that idiotic pizza advert with the two guys argueing who likes football more. One of the arguments is, I've bought this pizza with crappy reconstituted balls of half digested meat biproduct on it, I must be the true football fan. Huge huge rip off plus Coca-Cola tastes incredibley nasty, like most fizzy drinks, give me sweet sweet fruit juice any day.

And breathe...

I couldn't give two shits about companies advertising products that are associated with the World Cup, it happens every 4 years (2 if you add the European Championships). LIVE WITH IT!

P.S. New Smarties Tubes are shite! :wink:

Sorry, just needed to rant at something, exam stress is a terrible thing. It's put me in a grouchy old man mood and Coca-Cola and advertising seem like a suitable subject for my burning fury. I suspect I may unleash further rants in the near future as further exams approach with the HD 'revolution' possibly being one of the victims.

Could be worse, like the shops in my town not doing them any more at all.

That is positively shocking, what kind of heathen land doesn't offer the greatest and cheapest of sweets. Where are kids meant to get their RDA of hallucinogenic E-numbers from?

It looks like a hand grenade.

Does it explode when you pull the lid off?