NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
James McGeachie

Reggie promoted to president

Of Nintendo of America that is! Unfortunately he's not taking Iwata's place as president of the whole company yet, but I still think this is cool. Since he's came to Nintendo he's changed a lot of things with their marketing and he just has a way of making everything sound like a million times more awesome than it actually is. Let's hope this doesn't mean he'll be doing less interviews and stuff now though.

http://gonintendo.com/ (scroll down)

Should be president of the United states...

He will be...

Iwata loves Reggie so much, ahhhh he deserved this! :)

Next thing you know he'll take over Iwata as president!

First Nintendo, then the games industry, then the world HA HA HA HA HA!!!

where did he actually come from, mars? but seriously did he just turn up at nintendo?

where did he actually come from, mars? but seriously did he just turn up at nintendo?

He'd previously helped turn the fortunes of Vh1 around, so Nintendo brought him in for a similar purpose.

Originally Posted by stefkov

he used to work for Pizza Hut as well i think i read somewhere intoducing the New Yorker Pizza

Apparantly he worked for:

VH1 - Responsible for 30% ratings increase; and organised The Concert for New York City

Panda Management

Pizza Hut - Launched the Bigfoot Pizza and The Big New Yorker

Guinness Import Co.

and a few others.

yes indeed they do got all three albums to rock away to my friend. my damn neck hurts like hell though. on topic reggie rules

Reggie's wierd...

also...saw the force in Jan at Manchester Academy 2 \m/ it was teh pwntorz \m/ Me and ma mates were literally shouting ourselves hoarse along to black fire...

oh man id love to seem em live favourite track at the minute is disciples of babylon gotta love the guitar bit in the middle

reggie aint wierd he will be our ruler soon enough be careful what u say

Ok...I'll bear that in mind...lest I suffer the wrath of Reggie...

I love all o DF's songs...but Fury or Soldiers of the Wasteland has to take the cookie.

I always thought Reggie looked a little intimidating. Creepy. But he's a great man, I just don't understand all the obsessive Reggie Fans... But none-the-less he is a good man for Nintendo, and his promotion is just great! Lets hope he kicks more ass and takes more names now!

Apparantly he worked for:

VH1 - Responsible for 30% ratings increase; and organised The Concert for New York City

Panda Management

Pizza Hut - Launched the Bigfoot Pizza and The Big New Yorker

Guinness Import Co.

and a few others.

wow he's done a lot! i want to invent a pizza!:cry: but seriously he deserves this thats so cool

where did he actually come from, mars?

Your not too far away from the truth. Actually his name is Galen Tyrol and he served aboard the Battlestar Galactica when the 12 Colonies were attacked. And as you may recall they headed for Earth and now we know they made it.

Here's a picture what he looked like in his uniform in his young years:

tyrolthumb.jpg

Really cool, that Reggie is made President. I have no solid reason but I think he deserves that promotion judging by his outstanding speeches at E³ and everywhere else.

But...but!!!...What about the other guy?! :shock:

Does anyone know who the other guy was? George Harrison?

Nintendo of America today announced that former president Tatsumi Kimishima will be taking on a new role as chairman of the board and chief executive officer, clearing up a significant promotion for the subsidiary's charismatic spokesperson, Reggie Fils-Aime. The former executive vice president of sales and marketing becomes the president and chief operating officer of Nintendo of America effectively immediately, the company announced in an official release on Thursday.

In addition, NOA's Mike Fukada was promoted was promoted from senior vice president of Business Development to executive vice president of Business development.

As president of NOA, Fils-Aime will lead the company's daily operations and continue to manage the company's sales and marketing division as it plans for the launch of the Wii console.

"Around the world, Nintendo DS has been steadily drawing more people in the video game category," said Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo Co. Ltd. "With the upcoming introduction of Wii, along with the strength of this new leadership team and strong executives already in place, Nintendo will continue to dramatically change the way consumers of all ages interact with their video game console on a daily basis."

With today's promotion, Reggie now has the executive power to take millions of more names while simultaneously kicking asses.

Reggie is great for Nintendo, I'm sure he'll do a good job. If he doesn't.. then what are we gonna do? He is powerful and we are weak.

Sign in to follow this