NEurope
Sixfold01

Halogen Lights Confuse Wii! OH NO!!!

A halogen bulb is the type that you have on eye ball lights on kitchen cielings or on recent desk lamps. The wee flat looking ones.

halogen light are energy saving lights i think.

edit: clearly i thought wrong, if thats true then, well i got halogen lights above my monitor right now.

LOL, glad to see everyone in agreement.

MR11La.jpg#cooliris

Id it's this kind, i'm pretty fucked :(

damn. I've got 4 in my room. (hopefully, my uni room won't have them).

I hope they fix it - they are quite common now.

I would have thought this is something that Nintendo are capable of rectifying before release .... or at least , I bloody hope so

halogens are quite bright i think, unless its just the ones in my Fosters Barbie:

light

dark

halogens are quite bright

well i dont have any halogen lights in my room so im set :D

Not sure if they understood it correctly... anyway I think E3 had a lot of these halogen lights, it didn't stop people from running there to the Nintendo Booth and getting a good impression about wii.

if the thing has a problem just turn the signal higher, at the cost of batteries, include two modes for controller operation (just like the Wavebird has 8 regulable channels on the controller). doesn't seem a big issue to me.

I don't know the basis of the problem though.

halogens are quite bright i think, unless its just the ones in my Fosters Barbie:

light

dark

halogens are quite bright

well i dont have any halogen lights in my room so im set :D

probably that's why wii has the problem, because it detects movements of the controller in front of the sensor, and a barrier of light betwen it might damage the link and turn harder to know the distance the controller has from the base.

apparently the infra red beam of the sensor bar gives you skin cancer

I've got ones that looks like that, but they're not halogen, i thought halogen lamps were the spotlights used in searchships or something?

Halogens are the neutral gasses, such as Argon and Neon.

You know what neon lights are, don't you?

I doubt you have them in your rooms.

It's only if the lights are aimed through the signal...All i know is that my lights arent aitmed downwards:D

Not only is that non official you'd need a hell lot of halogen lights to mess up the infrared signal. Not worried,

OMIGOSH NOOOO DONT LET THIS GET OUT INTO THE WORLD OMG IM GUNNA GET SKIN CANCER!!!!

o well its worth it for the wii!:)

Halogen Lights are the type of light bulbs used in car headlights, as they are very bright (AND expensive). Some torches use them (expensive ones).

Although they are available for homes, I doubt the are common. I dont know of anyone in Australia who has them in there home. Usually they fit cost effective and low power use fluero light replacement bulbs if into this kind of thing.

Maybe America is different in which case it may be a problem, although your tv remote would have problems as well.

"Wireless and even wired devices can

cause interference with other wireless signals. This is known as

Electromagnetic Interference (EMI). Cordless phones,

microwaves, halogen lamps, and even radio towers can cause disruptions.

We've also had a few customers who have had their signals disrupted by street

lights and electric fences (not in their homes, but near their homes)."

So every kind of wireless can be disrupted by any other kind of wireless and halogen, so this is all natural and only happens in extreme cases, like havving 2000 halogen lights pointing to the sensor, a microwave in each feet, 4 guys playing wireless DS near you, 100 people using their cell phones in your couch and a giraffe drinking kool aid.

Fret not.

Halogen Lights are the type of light bulbs used in car headlights, as they are very bright (AND expensive). Some torches use them (expensive ones).

Although they are available for homes, I doubt the are common. I dont know of anyone in Australia who has them in there home. Usually they fit cost effective and low power use fluero light replacement bulbs if into this kind of thing.

Maybe America is different in which case it may be a problem, although your tv remote would have problems as well.

You know everyone in Australia? I've got halogen bulbs in my bedroom and kitchen and they're not expensive or uncommon.

Well thats no problem for me since I play with the lights off...though It's actually quite amusing watching you guys fretting over this...

You know everyone in Australia? I've got halogen bulbs in my bedroom and kitchen and they're not expensive or uncommon.

Smart arrse. Where did I say no one in Australia had them, just I didnt know of anyone.

Guys, guys no worries. Did that article not say that it will cause problems if the light was pointing directly into the path of the controllers signal to sensor bar?

Don't worry, you really need to have loads of lights run through the Wiimote signal path to get interference. Nobody has it set up like that in their living room.

You're at the wrong end of the light spectrum I think... Ultra violet light causes skin cancer. You know why the ozone layer is important and stuff.

Don't worry, you really need to have loads of lights run through the Wiimote signal path to get interference. Nobody has it set up like that in their living room.

The Sony president might, that way he can give a home demo on how the wiimote does not work :indeed:

Expect Sony Corp to offer free high power halogen lighting for all stores world wide in there console demo area. ;):D