NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2

Has anyone got this yet?

I decided to try it out yesterday.

Most programs have a brand new User Interface, and i must say is fantastic. No more searching through a load of options to do simple things.

Another thing it can do now (the only reason i used open office over 2003) is Formulas. Which is great and works wonderfully.

Heres a brief guide to the program's i've tried out.

Microsoft Office Word 2007

One of the programs using the new UI. I must say, its wonderfully set out. It seems that there are also many more features, such as a button to change the case of the letters. FINALLY! (also if you start a sentence with caps lock on and type "tESTING" or something, it fixes the case AND turn caps lock off. YAY!)

It is now easy to set "watermarks" - both text and pictures, and simple tasks like changing from portrait to landscape is but a few simple clicks away, rather than hidden in an obscure menu.

There are also many image effects, easy equation/formula and symbol adding. You can now easily create geat-looking hierarchical, flow and cycle diagrams (plus a few more).

Spell check can now ignore URLs and E-mail addresses, and you can also save any fonts used within the .docx (the new file format - but saving as .doc is simple) file (you can chose to save none, just the characters included or the whole font).

Formatting text is now extremely easy.

Overall: A great Word Processer that is very easy to use.

Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Beta 2

To be honest, i havent really found much differece in Publisher - old UI, may be a few new features but i havent used it much.

Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 Beta 2

What they've done to Word, they've done to this, but suited to the program (obviously). Much easier to use.

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Beta 2

Haven't used it. Googlemail is good enough how it is.

Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Beta 2

Same as usual, much easier to use, fomulas easy to get to (all of them!) and sorted in good catergories. Charts/Graphs have much more customisation. Formatting cells is much better.

Microsoft Office Access 2007 Beta 2

Same as usual, great UI, easy to use.

Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 Beta 2

A form designer. Looks to be able to create very professional-looking forms, but will requite getting used to.

Note these are just the basic programs - there are a few more you can get.

Overall, a great package. And I've found no bugs in them at all yet.

I only want Word, Powerpoint and FrontPage, how big will those be together?

(Sorry for HUGE size)

word2k3v2k79vl.jpg

Word 2K7 looks hot man, very hot.

I only want Word, Powerpoint and FrontPage, how big will those be together?

Office itself is 440MB and includes Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel, Access, Outlook and InfoPath (you can only get the pack)

FrontPage 2007 doesn't exist, but a much more complex html editor called SharePoint designer is 226MB.

i dont have genuine windows... hmm well even more of an excuse to buy VISTA lol

Sign in to follow this