NEurope
Goron_3

The final secret?!?!?!?

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/nintendosurpriseskeepcoming.shtml

According to this, the speaker can be used as a microphone and therefore you DONT need to buy a headset. It's a good read too!

The Nintendo controller will feature a microphone and will store a user phonebook/address book while it will be used as a VoIP phone and will help gamers communicate while online without the need for a headset. All this comes thanks to a few Nintendo patents unveiled by nrevolutiona which demonstrate exactly how the microphone will be implemented.

Nintendo's controller surprises keep coming in and as the details are revealed so is an underlying theme to the company's plan for the device. The new details mention a microphone built-in to the headset which will allow the controller to be used as a straight-forward VoIP phone. The news also mentions that users will be able to use the phone for video calls although it does not clarify exactly how a camera will come into play in the setup. The interesting news however, relates to the phone/address book details which will be stored on the controller suggesting that Nintendo expects each user of the Wii in the household to own their own Wiimote.

The inclusion of a microphone built-into the controller, along with the speaker announced at E3, will also offer gamers more freedom during online play as they will be able to communicate with fellow gamers without the need for a headset. This makes sense as most images we have of people playing with the infamous device, show them standing up and at some distance from the console.

Just when you think Nintendo has no more Wii related mysteries the company hits you with another one and this time it is the addition of Wiichannel.com to the list of Nintendo owned domains. Rumors of a Wii dedicated interactive channel that will carry animations, games and game trailers, TV shows and other audio/visual content have already started doing the rounds but as most of us have found the hard way, Nintendo is not playing by the book on this one; so expect nothing and anticipate everything.

Hmmm... sounds weird... cool... and especially the last bit with the Wiichannel... If this is true then I shall personally make love to Iwata! Hooray I love Nintendo

I love the idea of the Wiichannel:) They have to have a microphone built in don't they!?! not sure about the VOIP though.

If this does turn out to be true then it was a great idea on Nintendos part, Free 'phone' calls to other Wii users, and it would probably always stay active over Wii Connect 24 (or atleast have that option).

Its also another selling feature to get Wii's out there to 'non-gamers'.

Oh god please make it stop. I'm sick of these final secret threads. I'm pretty sure I read that some guys that tried the controller spoke into it and the sound came out in another controller, so yeah it has mic. yay

An in-built microphone would be so much simpler and follows the nintendo way of making games acessible to everyone. If this is ture i'll be able to taunt my freinds after victory in the safety of my own home :)

I don't like having the Mic in the controller, that means you wont be able to play 2 players online from the same Wii if you both want to talk, if its inthe controller it'll pick up a wide range of sound... from both players. Headsets all the way.

Moria thats the point, say ur playing tennis, ull hear when they hit the ball also, it would be a little harder coping with FPS's

Also agree with Moria.

When gaming I usually have the hi-fi cranking out some tunes , and this microphone thing is a bad idea. I highly doubt that any of you will want to endure all manner of metal whilst playing against me online.

youl have to stop moving in whatever you roding to talk with it then, if this is true then shey should just lave it it hthe speaker, being able to hear your racket hit a bal is good enough, unless the microphone has an exceptional range and can pick it up you talkng into it while playing.

at first i thought it was a good idea, but that will only be good for the VOip thing. not playing games

Moria thats the point, say ur playing tennis, ull hear when they hit the ball also, it would be a little harder coping with FPS's

No, I meant when your phyiscally sitting next to someone playing online with them. Me and my brother do it all the time on Halo. Seriously, you need a headset.

It's better to have the mic option than not to have it at all, if you want you can buy a headset anyway. Besides any speaker can serve as a mic.

I thought there was a mic but just not in the speakers.Stop all these Final Secret threads,there are more secrets so there will not be a final secret untill Nintendo say it's the last one,then there can be a 'Final Secret Thread'.A mic will be good ,but in the speaker ,might be a bit hard to speak but i'm confident they would of worked something out.

Maybe there could be a small button on the side of the remote to hold down when you want to talk?

Whatever they do, I have faith in Nintendo. They wouldn't do it if it would have all the problems you guys mentioned, they'll have thought of ways round them.

So the Wii is getting a camera then? And maybe some nice 3rd partys would make some headphones you can plug into the USB port.

Wiichannel sounds like Gametrailers for Wii games.

Personally I just like the idea of making the Wii remote your own personal device and the console is part of the home. Maybe there will be an SD card port on it after all...

You should change the name of this topic to 'The Official 'IS THIS THE LAST SECRET!?!?' thread'. Makes sense to have one, right?

I hope this isn't the 3rd secret. It's good, but it's hardly revolutionary to have a microphone.

The Official SECRET is that the console has an autooff to stop you playing games for too long and complying with health and safety standards. American wii owners have the most cautious time limit whereas asia let their govenments decide

I'm sure Nintendo said that the final secret wasn't a microphone on the controller...

Stocka's still convinced that it's something to do with stereoscopic 3d :heh:

Who knows..

That WiiChannel is interesting though, so interesting I've registered ChannelWii.com which has a better ring to it than WiiChannel.com...

Nice to see it confirmed. They couldn't do without it really, this opens up even more gameplay possibilities :smile:

I consider Nintendogs Wii confirmed then.

Someone (Maybe Miyamoto?) mentioned something agoes ago about the controller being unique to the player....this fits in with that idea very well I would say.

Maybe there could be a small button on the side of the remote to hold down when you want to talk?

Whatever they do, I have faith in Nintendo. They wouldn't do it if it would have all the problems you guys mentioned, they'll have thought of ways round them.

That's faith !

________

JuicyCakes

Edited by Philoss

I don't like having the Mic in the controller, that means you wont be able to play 2 players online from the same Wii if you both want to talk, if its inthe controller it'll pick up a wide range of sound... from both players. Headsets all the way.

I dont really think it will be that much of a problem because, if you think about it, how many games actually let you play 2 player online from the same console? And the controllers going to be really close to ur body anyway so even if it does pick up other sounds it will be dominated by the sound of your own voice.