NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Final Fantasy 7 remake. Yes or No?

With rumours now circulating again about the PS3 getting a FF7 remake and a possibly showing of this at TGS my question is do you think it should be remade?

I personally dont think it should. FF7 was a great game and should be left alone. No doubt if they did make it though I would end up buying it. S-E seem to have joined in with other companies in milking their gaming series which is a shame as FF seems less special now than it once did.

S-E should sofucate in their own shit... unless they make it for Wii then they're alright.

S-E should sofucate in their own shit... unless they make it for Wii then they're alright.

QFT.

-But yeer, they are milking it a bit, as ps3 player can just buy the ps1 version and play that, porting to anouther console such as 360 or wii would be great!

i say yeah remake it since i did not play the orginal, i want to know whats all the hoo-har about?

I would like a remake, as im not a final fantasy fan but i would like to play the prequel to advent children. and i wanna see what the fuss is about

It should be kept as it is. It's already a classic and one of the best games ever why remake it just for the graphics?

It should be kept as it is. It's already a classic and one of the best games ever why remake it just for the graphics?

So Emerald and Ruby Weapon are easier to beat.

So this generation of gamers can experience one of the finest games ever made.

So there is a difinitive version of the game with all unanswered questions answered.

So there is a difinitive version of the game with all unanswered questions answered.

What is left to be unanswered? If its moe back story for the characters then I think Crisis Core has that covered. I personally think 8 is far better than 7 and the main reason 7 is so popular is because it was the first of its kind to make it big over in the UK not to mention the use of FMVs.

Oh god I hope not, I cant handle having to fork out £500 just to play one game.

Oh god I hope not, I cant handle having to fork out £500 just to play one game.

I know what you mean, its bad enough MGS4 is on the PS3.

What is left to be unanswered? If its moe back story for the characters then I think Crisis Core has that covered. I personally think 8 is far better than 7 and the main reason 7 is so popular is because it was the first of its kind to make it big over in the UK not to mention the use of FMVs.

Some of the other regioned versions of the game are slightly differeny to ours.

EDIT: Something's wrong, my spoiler isn't showing.

EDIT 2: I guess it's okay if other people can see it.

No way, FF7 was far better, you actually connected with the characters, and had full control of their magic and summons via the materia system, the locations were so daunting and memorable (how can anyone forget Midgar and Nebelheim, not to mention Cosmo Canyon (with the best musical theme for a videogame location ever!), the gold saucer and the multiple "Weapon" fights. The feeling when you finally manage to breed the gold chocobo and get Nights of the Round...the last stage of your battle with sephiroth, you even empathised with the bad guys to some degree, The Turks, Rufus and Sephiroth all had back stories that show us that they weren't bad guys for no reason. 7 was better in pretty much every way, and it sure as hell was better than the abomination that was FF10. I personally would love to see a remake of 9, 5 and 4 aswell as 7, but not for PS3, I'd like to see them come out on Wii, because it's the only console that can add a substantially new dimension or experience to the games, be It minigames, or making hand gestures to do magic attacks or summons. I don't just want a prettier version of the same game...some thing that stopped me from enjoying Twin Snakes to the full extent.

I know what you mean, its bad enough MGS4 is on the PS3.

Yeah, but MGS4, I'll probably just end up playing at a mates house, but I have to actually own FF7 cause it's such a long game it would be impossible to complete like that...In the end though I reckon they're probably going to end up doing an MGS prequel for Wii, they always do give Nintendo the more insubstantial spin offs that end up being better than the real thing...

Some of the other regioned versions of the game are slightly differeny to ours.

Loved that scene in Nibleheim. I agree about the graphics part but certain things will be lost. I mean just about every gamer, regardless if they havent played FF7, knows about the shocking event that occurs to one of the characters that event alone was anaamazing part of the game. In all fairness like I said before if they did release a new version whether I wanted them to or not I would still buy it. Im a sucker for FF games.

EDIT: I see your spoiler when I reply.

Nah, leave it. I don't see the point in remaking games. What they should do is just resell the originals on the new consoles with updated resolutions, higher frame rates and such.

I finished ffvii 2 years ago. My eyes bled from the strain of looking at such horrendous graphics. They should have kept 2D until they could make decent 3D. This game is hugely overrated, the story is awesome and the materia system is cool, but that's about it.

Yeah, i mean ive got the game on pc, but its to dated to play, i wanna enjoy it as a game of the hear and now.

I'd like a remake. It's an awesome game and I'd like to see it all updated in lovely fancy graphics and stuff. Hey even add more side quests and the such.

I finished ffvii 2 years ago. My eyes bled from the strain of looking at such horrendous graphics. They should have kept 2D until they could make decent 3D. This game is hugely overrated, the story is awesome and the materia system is cool, but that's about it.

If you mean there weren't any good sidequests think again. Two characters you didn't even need to get had storylines of their own you could choose to follow. The Chocobo raising system was awesome and there were plenty of extra bosses and items to be found.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most highly accomplished RPG games ever.

It's the most accomplished console RPG alongside Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. Those three games are testiment to what music can do for a videogame, not only that, they were also head and shoulders above anything else in terms of gameplay and storyline...

Like most people have said, if they are going to do a remake then it should be for another console than the PS3. I'm hoping for a Xbox360 version because the control scheme will stay true to the original. It will seriously help microsoft in Japan. It will give it a better chance to beat the PS3 (lol) and because I own a 360 lol

Ah well, I will be dissapointed if it was a PS3-only title.

They should either do it NOW while people are watching Advent Children, and waiting for the psp game, or leave it for 10 years.

I'd love a remake.

If you mean there weren't any good sidequests think again. Two characters you didn't even need to get had storylines of their own you could choose to follow. The Chocobo raising system was awesome and there were plenty of extra bosses and items to be found.

Alos the Weapons. Took me ages to beat all of them but it was well worth it.

Alos the Weapons. Took me ages to beat all of them but it was well worth it.

Took me a year, no joke to rack up enough experience to beat Ruby weapon...that day was so awesome...*cries*

ultimate weapon was easier though....

UltimateWEAPON2.jpg

Red XIII Cosmo memory...*drools*

It seems pretty likely that they will remake it but i just want a copy of the game that dosn't frezze. They have already remade I & II & IV on GBA (while V & VI are on their way), III is coming out on the ds. I would actually but a psp if it had VII, VIII & IX.

But to be honest it isn't my favourite one which is probably IX cause its "old" style without too much technology in it.

But to be honest it isn't my favourite one which is probably IX cause its "old" style without too much technology in it.

Yeah! Thats one of the major reasons that it appealed to me too, it had a very medieval style to it...

Sign in to follow this