NEurope
Goron_3

Christmas 2008

I was just wondering, what do you guys think the industry will be like in 3 years time (so 2006, 2007 and 2008), after all the consoles will have settled?

The ps2 sold 100mil (roughly), the Xbox 24mil (roughly) and the GC about 19mil. By 2009, i'm thinking the sales of the new consoles would be something like this:

Xbox 360: 25 million (halo 3 could well make this happen)

Nintendo Wii: 25-30 million (I'm thinking this will REALLY take off)

Playstation 3: 20 Million (coming out a year after 360.....hmmmmm)

and for the sake of it, Nintendo DS: 45 million:yay:

Please offer your own opinions on what you think the future will like!

I just hope that Nintendo get off to a flying start with the Wii and attract a lot of positive attention. The DS Lite launching in USA and Europe should also give it a huge boost in sales and attraction.

We have nothing to back our predictions up, without at least definite price points for hardware and software and launch sales it's like shooting in the dark

hmmm, 45mil for the ds, i dont think so. probably 30mil.

Well the DS is one 16 million atm without the DS lite released in in europe and America, and its only been out for over a year right? And it's important to remember that Pokemon hasnt been released yet, so i think its possible :grin:

Well the DS is one 16 million atm without the DS lite released in in europe and America, and its only been out for over a year right? And it's important to remember that Pokemon hasnt been released yet, so i think its possible :grin:

I think Pokemon has lost alot of its appeal now (finally!)

its been... 6/7 years? its still popular, but the peak has long passed now, I don't think it will be a huge system seller. but then Japan is unpredictable

if pokemon has online battles, consider it SOLD. no matter how grown up i am

Goddamn , saw this thread title and had a minor panic attack when I thought there might have been a delay to the Wii release. Please do not do this again for the good of my health.

Hard to call this a prediction thread, more a wishful thinking thread.

We can't really tell anything about how it's going to work. Two of the three consoles haven't launched yet. I really, really doubt this console generation is comparable to the last one.

Goddamn , saw this thread title and had a minor panic attack when I thought there might have been a delay to the Wii release. Please do not do this again for the good of my health.

LOL! Funniest thing I've read all day!

And yeah i know that 2 of the 3 consoles haven't been released, but i was jsut wondering what people think could occur. I personally think that the Wii will outsell all of the consoles, and that the PS3 will eventually catch up with the 360.

My predictions?

EA release their own console: the EA...box *tumbleweed*

Sony's profits drop by 90% ^_^

Don't give EA idea's!

My predictions?

EA release their own console: the EA...box *tumbleweed*

Sony's profits drop by 90% ^_^

Oh god what a world that would be, i can see it now, console lifespans would be reduced to 1 year exactly:woops:

EA release their own console

Didn't they already try this with the 3DO. I know EA weren't 100% involved with it , but I am pretty sure that they had a large stake-holding/or were very involved in the wholw concept.

Didn't they already try this with the 3DO. I know EA weren't 100% involved with it , but I am pretty sure that they had a large stake-holding/or were very involved in the wholw concept.

No i think the 3DO was made by panasonic.

I love the idea of a new console a year. They would each be called: EA 2008, EA 2009, EA 2010 etc

No i think the 3DO was made by panasonic.

I love the idea of a new console a year. They would each be called: EA 2008, EA 2009, EA 2010 etc

This reminds me of the Simpson's Gamestation. I'm not sure what numbers they were. 'Gamestation 256, it's the same but slightly faster!" or something.

Ad: Fifa '09 Exclusive to EA 2008!

Kid: But I just got the EA 2007!

Best (unlikely) case:

1st - Nintendo Wii comes at its best, storms the world with innovative gaming experience

2nd - X360 steals consumers from Sony

3rd - PS3 fails due to high price

Probable case:

1st - PS3 sells just because it's PS3

2nd - Wii is great but it's not PS3

3rd - X360 is not PS3 either

Worst case (like current gen):

1st - PS3 sells just because it's PS3

2nd - X360 tries to cope with PS3, wins in N.America but looses everywhere else

3rd - Wii is considered a kid's toy gimmicky console with poor FPSes and countless Mini-games (few excellent first party titles don't save it from awful 3rd party controller implementation)

Well I don't know about the ps3. I read this morning that Sony have filed a patent where people that buy ps3 software won't own the game they buy, but they will actually be purchasing a license to play the game. They say that it is part of their anti piracy action, that is just futher backs up the whole one piece of software to one console theory.