marcel

will revolution have 5.1 sound?

Dolby digital 5.1 sound  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Dolby digital 5.1 sound

• Yes, revolution will have 5.1 sound with coaxial cable
    • Yes, revolution will have 5.1 sound with optical cable
    • Yes, revolution will have 5.1 sound but I don’t know with what cable
    • No, revolution will not have 5.1 surround sound, only dolby prologic 2 sound
    • No, I don’t think that the revolution will have 5.1 surround sound but I would want it.

do you think that nintendo revolution will have an coaxial or optical audio output for real 5.1 suround sound?

I actually think the Revo will support 7.1 sound, Soundsystems are becoming increasingly popular (especially in the PC games sector for gaming) and I think it doesn't cost too much to support that sound system. *gets ready to be corrected by someone*

And I have a question: what is the difference between a coaxial and optical output?

I'm not actually all that bothered about it, to be honest. I'm happy enough with the sound coming out of the TV speakers.

I think that revolution will also have 7.1 support. But since 5.1 is pretty much standerd with most entertianment things now, I think iw will definatly be included.

the difference between optical en coaxial is a little thing. the cable. optical cable sends sound in light (corect me if im wrong) but theres no sound difference only the cable en the conection (on the revolution)

I can't see why they'd leave it out. Even the DVD players you pick up for €25 have DD5.1 and Dolby DTS support.

i think we got an 60% chance that nintendo include 5.1 sound. but if they dont they must support dolby pro logic 2. like they do now with gamecube.

Sign in to follow this