NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
thesupersmashbrother

The terms of smash

No that's what makes mario kart popular. In mario kart the item system is handicap based, purposely giving last place a chance of winning, whereas it's not the case in smash bros.

You are forgetting that the "elite player" can also pick up these items, so it doesnt really make the crap player win. A "noob" would probably not beat an "elite" if he got 3 hammers in 2 minutes. Items dont really balance the field in smash bros, it just makes it more unpredictable.

But you probably mainly play 3 or 4 player matches anyway, which are highly unpredictable and uncompetitive anyway, and items just make the game more manic anyway, which I have to say can be quite fun.

You're right, we do primarily play with maximum players because that's what makes the game the most frantic and fun. That's how we enjoy it the most.

I think it creates a bit less of a skill barrier between players when random items are raining down. It can really turn the tides of a game and create something much more enjoyable than two people duking it out on that Final Destination level, trying to replicate a regular fighting game as much as possible.

In case you dont know, smash is considered by many as one of the most skill based games ever, and is a real fighting game (if I am not mistaken, the characters are fighting eachother in a 2D environment). It is much more skilful than games like Tekken (learn massive combos when you're on your own) and Soul Calibur (good but a button basher).

Whoa, don't get all upset because I stated my opinion on your bread and butter.

I wouldn't really consider it up there with games like Dead or Alive, Tekken and Soul Calibur. Super Smash Bros. Melee is more of a party game in my opinion that you whip out when there's a group of you for a few laughs.

But I'm just a noob, so what would I know about the game? I'm done arguing now too. I'll play my item-based games and you guys can play for your bragging rights and YouTube videos.

Speaking of which, keep your eye on the YouTube scene for when me and goron3 get round to recording one of our fights. You know you'll want to watch this...

You're right, we do primarily play with maximum players because that's what makes the game the most frantic and fun. That's how we enjoy it the most.

I think it creates a bit less of a skill barrier between players when random items are raining down. It can really turn the tides of a game and create something much more enjoyable than two people duking it out on that Final Destination level, trying to replicate a regular fighting game as much as possible.

Whoa, don't get all upset because I stated my opinion on your bread and butter.

I wouldn't really consider it up there with games like Dead or Alive, Tekken and Soul Calibur. Super Smash Bros. Melee is more of a party game in my opinion that you whip out when there's a group of you for a few laughs.

But I'm just a noob, so what would I know about the game? I'm done arguing now too. I'll play my item-based games and you guys can play for your bragging rights and YouTube videos.

Let's just play for fun. nintendo made this game to bring us together, not tear us apart.

Let's just play for fun. nintendo made this game to bring us together, not tear us apart.

laugh.gif

haha that made me laugh

Sign in to follow this