NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Nintendo Wii Release Date Set For October ?

Straight from Matt:

I've seen some third party game release schedules and all of them indicate the same thing, which is that they are planning to launch their respective Wii games this October. Nintendo, meanwhile, has only said that Wii will launch "in the fourth quarter," which includes October. I think it's planning to go earlier than expected in order to get the jump on Sony.

Source: IGN

** Wiis himself in anticipation **

** then apologies for his one and only joke on the name , then leaves the stage **

Sounds like a plan. Im getting it on day one, and Ill be converting everyone to it I can. Wii for Halloween? Im liking it alot. I suppose though that they need to get it out in early November anyway to get it into peoples houses for Christmas so, I suppose, Octobers not that big a shock... but still nice to hear!

That would be perfect for me my birthday is september so i will ask for money and nothing else then i will practically have a wii for free.

poetry there.

Whats that mean for Europe? If the Euro launch coincides with whenever Im on leave I will be a happy bunny.

as long as its this yeah then im content with whenever, after september will be the best time for me.

Would mean nothing to me as Europe would be still November. I'm not importing for a one month difference.

Anyway, I think it should be entirely possible for Nintendo to this. Rumours are production has been underway for weeks.

hope so, my birthday is start of Oct and i shall get a wii and hopefully many presents from everyone on here (kind of a long shot)

The sooner we see it released, the better. It simply HAS to launch here before PS3. That would give Wii a huge boost in interest and hopefully sales.

even if it releases at the same time the wii will do well especially with the PS3 optimistic worldwide launch with only 2 million consoles. i think it will be rushed and there will be shortages.

Wii must not be released after though.

when are they going to officially announce it? that is the only piece of info i really was interested in at E3 and they didn't release it.

This summer, they've mentioned.

It's probably similar to the DS unveiling two years ago, when they also released the final design.

If the news is true, it sounds very good bringing the Wii out earlier than expected. But even if it still comes out in November, it will still outsell the PS3 (now expected to sell at £425 for the basic one, read a piece in the Times)

I'm sorry but December for Europeans is slightly unfair in my opinion. Why should we have to wait the extra two months? :confused:

Nintendo has to release it everywhere before PS3. People are still going to buy it with the £425 price-tag! Espicially in Europe.

It HAS to be September/October/beginning of November at the latest!

Is it region-free? Has that been confirmed? :)

Dunno if it's region free,but I highly doubt it will be december,would be a stupid move.

If Nintendo are sticking to the 14 week global schedule that was mantioned way back when, it may mean Europe wont see the Wii till mid January.

I know at E3 "4th Quarter" was confirmed, but as E3 is an American trade show i reckon that means America for 4th Quarter.

If for example we take "mid-late October" (circa 20th/27th Oct) 14 weeks from there is 19th/26th January..........

Okay Im being pessimistic (out of character for me....ill add!)

but just puttin down the info that is being bandied about

It's been confirmed for '06 here aswell.Don't think it will be a 14 week gap.

I've read a press release from some 3rd party at E3 saying they'd release their Wii games in October so it makes sense. It would be the best birthday ever.

I think i said October 27th a good while ago. I'd love if it was.

Sign in to follow this