NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shoe

Games you regret getting...

I don't really regret any of the games I brought but I regret paying full price for a few.

Mario Power Tennis is an awesome game as far as multiplayer mode is concerned but single player is really easy and you can unlock and see everything in about an hour of play.

And why didn’t they put an option for 2 player vs the computer in story mode?

The other game is Metal gear solid twin snakes. I love the game but again its too easy because they added all the features from MGS2 but didn’t beef up the guards AI to deal with the new abilities you had. Also they really should of put some unlockables for getting all the dog tags. Anything would of been better then nothing (artwork or something)

..I had Pilotwings 64.. Turok 2.. Super Smas Bros.. and got rid of all of them to get Perfect Dark..

especially bad when you consider I found it impossible to obtain an expansion pak.. even to this day..

You mean you have Perfect Dark for 6 years and never played it? lolol

..other than games that people regret buying, is there any that people bought and regret getting rid of?

..I had Pilotwings 64.. Turok 2.. Super Smas Bros.. and got rid of all of them to get Perfect Dark..

especially bad when you consider I found it impossible to obtain an expansion pak.. even to this day..

Ooh...well, Imo, Perfect Dark was better than all those games...and I went and sold my expansion pak to Gamestation for £20, so you should be able to get one for around £27 if you look carefully...

..I got a bit of the way through it (borrowed someone's expansion pak) but had to give it back.. I have some challeneges completesd as they don't require the expansion pak.. but as far as I am aware, a guy that was at my school before we all headed in our different directions for university is willing to sell (give hopefully) his expansion pak to me in the summer as he doesn't use it anymore..

..I also seem to recall he has Banjo-Tooie.. I'll be trying to nab that off him aswell :grin:

..and now that I think about it, I used to have Top Gear Rally which was a lot of fun and you could draw decals onto your car.. the game was really fun.. but gave it away.. grr.. I managed to get Top Gear Rally 2 though..

Hmm.. For GameCube it must be:

Pikmin: just boring.. :S

Super Monkey Ball: well.. it's too hard for my patience.. :D

SEGA Soccer Slam: Fun in multiplayer but as I'm more alone than with friends (they live far away from me) its no fun..

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within: There's a glitch in the game so I can't continue.. and it was not that good..

Well.. that's about it..

I have some for Nintendo 64, though..:

Mischief Makers, Mario Party, Silicon Valley, Gex 64, Yoshi's Story and Bomberman Hero

I bought all of these before I heard of the Internet....

I regret buying all the games at full price that have massively devalued.

So the only games I don't regreat are Beyond Good and Evil £13, Lego Star Wars £24, Ikaruga £15 and Animal Crossing £10.

Hmm.. For GameCube it must be:

Pikmin: just boring.. :S

Super Monkey Ball: well.. it's too hard for my patience.. :D

SEGA Soccer Slam: Fun in multiplayer but as I'm more alone than with friends (they live far away from me) its no fun..

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within: There's a glitch in the game so I can't continue.. and it was not that good..

Well.. that's about it..

I have some for Nintendo 64, though..:

Mischief Makers, Mario Party, Silicon Valley, Gex 64, Yoshi's Story and Bomberman Hero

I bought all of these before I heard of the Internet....

Theres a glitch in my Prince of Persia sands of time and I can't continue either.

Coincidence?

There's a glitch in Eternal Darkness where it lets you complete a chapter without collecting something which is needed to complete one of the later chapters. I was really pissed off at it. I eventually completed the game, but I regretted buying it very much for a long time because of it. >8(

Sonic Heros, 'nuff said.

I sorta regret buying MP2 vuz I played quite a way through and got killed. I was miles away from last save point and couldnt be arsed to all that shit again so I never played it again.

StarFox Assault I sorta regret aswell, cuz I finished it real quick and it has almost no replay value.

Die hard for me, I just had no fun playing it and none of my friends did either we just hated it, still got it though i don't trade games in

Starfox Assault, Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Eternia - actually the entire PSP was a huge waste of money.

I have wasted so much money on shit games this past generation it almost makes me sick.

Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Hunters, Mario Advance, Starfox Assault and Adventures, Sonic Heroes and far too many more.

Starfox Assault, Metroid Prime 2, Tales of Eternia - actually the entire PSP was a huge waste of money.

I have wasted so much money on shit games this past generation it almost makes me sick.

Same here. Next Gen I'll probably make the same mistakes though.

Pretty much 80% of the games I have.

Totally. I think the term "try before you buy" would be the proverb of today.

1. Turok Evolutions - The biggest sack of sh*t I ever did purchase. Bought on release for £30 and returned it a couple of days later for £10 store credit.

2. Mortal Kombat DA - After playing Soul Calibur 2 its way too slow, ugly and stupid.

3. Phantasy Star Online - Never got round to taking it online so it just became Phantasy Star...ugh.

4. Fireblade - Bought it for £2, It's not even worth that.

5. Goldeneye Rogue Agent - Made me cry.

Metroid Prime 2 for GameCube

Rayman DS for DS, Resident Evil DS the only game i've ever taken back to a store.

Thats about it.

WAIT FOR IT.

Tales of Symphonia.

And Nintendogs.

Oh yeah, Nintendogs. Thanks for making me jog my memory Haver... and i didn't really like Tales either tbh.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

SSX: World Tour

Nintendogs

Advance Wars: Dual Strike

i thought tales of symphonia was a great game, but i do regret buying Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life so boring

Baten Kaitos, just poo, I hate playing cards in real life. Granted it looks nice, but I never played it far enough to make the most of it.

Nintendogs, fun for 5 minutes.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now, if you go back another generation I could list loads like:

Turok 2 - Worst fog ever, far too long between save points.

Whoever said Glover - that game was awesome but soooo hard!

Sign in to follow this