NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RATM_4_EVA

IGN has gone Krazy

Yes...the controller was revealed, but they do seem addicted to those mockups:D! Actually, I think the shotgun one is sweet!Imagine playing with it in Resident Evil 4!

That idea is so stupid it's funny again.

Imagine standing in front of the TV with a shotgun and playing Terminator 2 with karaoke subtitles so that you can say all the cool one-liners :D

Why is there no IGN Revolution section? There's one for PS3/360 :S

They said because the name isn't finalised yet.

That idea is so stupid it's funny again.

Imagine standing in front of the TV with a shotgun and playing Terminator 2 with karaoke subtitles so that you can say all the cool one-liners :D

Now that my friend... is an awsome idea.

That thing could be used in Killer7 for Mask De Smith's grenade launcher :D

Extremely cool!! hope Mad Catz or some 3rd party controller company will make one :P

I hate the fact that people want gun attachments I mean come on. No one will take the controller seriously and it wont exactly be the most pragmatic if for different genre there is an attachment. To be immersed in a game you dont need a stupid gun shape like you're four years old. :no:

man if that shell would came out the first i would to is buy it and a straw hat,

some booze and a banjo and sit there all day screaming at the TV : GET OFF MY PROPERTY YA VERMIN

people saying they don't see why there's a point in getting a gun attachment - its to break down a barrier to believing the game is real.

the gun is more a shell than an attachment. I'd say a shell is an attachment that houses the free hand controller, a regular attachment doesn't house the freehand controller.

so yeah, shotgun shell I'd call it.

and I think shells are a cool idea, I imagine they'd be cheap, and you'll get a fair few 3rd party shells, which will be nice (hopefully).

That is so pointless. It's a really cool idea, I'l grant that honour. But the problem is that, considering it's size, it's going to be expensive, and it's going to be limited in what it can do. To be hoest, you can mimic the actions of a shotgun without that add-on. The controller can sense which way it's moving, so why not use that feature to mimic the cocking reload motion of a shotgun in thin air? As cool as all of these mock ups seem, I just think that they're a waste of time. We're likely to get this kind of thing made by a 3rd party though, and it'll be crappy no doubt.

The good thing is that they are optional. And i know i will buy a few differnt ones. And as it's only a shell it will probably cost less than a normal controller. I can live with that.

Well how about this. every gamedeveloper creates a shell especially suited for that type of game. Since game developement on the rev. will be less costly. A shell could be created and added to the game. And still keep the price below the competitors games.

It would be great if that would be implemented together with Nintendo.

I mean. Nintendo would forgo or lower on the royalties for creating a game on the console. Instead they create the addon and make a profit on it. by selling it on the side or adding it to the game. This way they have a unique game on their hands even if it is a multiple console port. Plus they make a profit.

But a simple light gun would fit perfectly in a counter strike game.lol I really hope to see lots of fps and a great UT in REv.

Well how about this. every gamedeveloper creates a shell especially suited for that type of game. Since game developement on the rev. will be less costly. A shell could be created and added to the game. And still keep the price below the competitors games.

It would be great if that would be implemented together with Nintendo.

I mean. Nintendo would forgo or lower on the royalties for creating a game on the console. Instead they create the addon and make a profit on it. by selling it on the side or adding it to the game. This way they have a unique game on their hands even if it is a multiple console port. Plus they make a profit.

Nintendo will Never release an add on you need for a game. did they release the bongos for DK or the microphone for Mario Party seperatly?

Nintendo will Never release an add on you need for a game. did they release the bongos for DK or the microphone for Mario Party seperatly?

Why not? It would be an excelent idea to create a new market and profit from it.

Plus by doing it you give people the old arcade feeling back.

You give developers the idea they don't need to configure buttons etc. just create an addon where the functionalities of the game are naturaly incorparated.

That way they don't need time to consider buttonlayout and function and test it to see it works. It saves on developement time and eventually developement costs.

The company comes up with the design and nintendo creates it. They can even dish it out with the game itselve. and create more for lets say multiplay. And sell those seperately. For a small price because it is just a shell.

BTW They indeed sell the bongos seperatly It is possible to buy the bongos without the game. At least where I live I could.

Sign in to follow this