NEurope
Stocka

Special moments in Gaming

Halo - Bowser and T3C have pretty much summed up Halo for me. However, killing Mr CVD with his weapon of choice the Jockgun is spectacular, as well is killing Mike at any time - especially with a turret or a plasma rifle/SMG combo.

Also:

Eternal Darkness - the insanity, the progression of the game and its unique gameplay - all plusses.

Forza - Progression onto the fast cars is great. Then kitting them out with the most outlandish turbochargers possible and listening to them scream around the Nurburgring.

Metal Gear Solid - I completed this game 8 times in one summer holiday. The whole game is a work of beauty and art. Need I say more?

Another Code:

[spoiler=]I got the bad ending because I must have run past D's other shoe. It was quite sad for me because it ended with me condemning D to a life as a ghost. I felt awful that I hadn't helped him but he had helped me so much.

Metal Gear Solid:

Oh God. My favourite scene ever. You have the 3 key cards, this is it, TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD. This is where the game ends, yup, because, you know, you're about to deactivate Metal Gear.

There goes the first keycard. Oh boy, what a hero I am.. There's the second, oh god, the game's going to end now. In goes the 3rd, I have saved the day. THE END.

Oh hello, there's a voice. METAL GEAR... Deactivated? Yeah, I deactivated it. Yup, yuppers, it's deactived. It's going to say deactivated. There's no way it's not going to say deactivated.

ACTIVATED!

OH GOD WHAT?! ACTIVATED?!/!Whats going onn VVV. But Miller said... Wait that's not Miller, it's SKKHSADKLHD!!!!!! OH GOD. LIQUIIIIIID.

That scene always makes me jizz my pants.

Metal Gear Solid:

Oh God. My favourite scene ever. You have the 3 key cards, this is it, TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD. This is where the game ends, yup, because, you know, you're about to deactivate Metal Gear.

There goes the first keycard. Oh boy, what a hero I am.. There's the second, oh god, the game's going to end now. In goes the 3rd, I have saved the day. THE END.

Oh hello, there's a voice. METAL GEAR... Deactivated? Yeah, I deactivated it. Yup, yuppers, it's deactived. It's going to say deactivated. There's no way it's not going to say deactivated.

ACTIVATED!

OH GOD WHAT?! ACTIVATED?!/!Whats going onn VVV. But Miller said... Wait that's not Miller, it's SKKHSADKLHD!!!!!! OH GOD. LIQUIIIIIID.

That scene always makes me jizz my pants.

Me too brother, me too.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. When you're fighting Dark Samus, she explodes in the middle of room and you really find out it's Arnold Schwarzenegger, he pulls out his Uzi 9mm. You hear him shout "UZI NINE MILLIMEEETAAAAH!!!" and proceeds to open fire. Hardest boss battle I've ever faced.

And in related news.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/get-stuffed/2005/09/22/1126982165086.html

Playing OoT, after having collected the three spiritual stones and going to the castle, you meet Ganondorf on his horse. I was like "ooooh bossfight! Hence the game ends!". Right...

Zelda: Wind Waker

When Valoo shows up and decimates Ganondorfs tower really had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up."

Just a brilliant scene with raw power emminating from it.

I <3 Valoo

Me too brother, me too.

Amen to that.

I gotta say my most memorable moments have been in Another Code

Answering the questions to try and work out who shot who

Tales of Symphonia

The whole god damn game was awesome, actually. There were some really memorable bits but the whole thing had a magical feel to it.

Paper Mario 2, once again, the whole game.

AND OF COURSE

Bubble Bobble

When you complete the game, you get this message thingy, which then tells you to work out the code. I have yet to do that, it's too fooking hard to get to level 20 without dying. Then 40. Then 60. etc. But I have beat the final boss ^_^

Knights of the Old Republic

The whole Twist basically. No point putting it in a spoiler, seeing as everyone who has finished it know what I'm talking about, but yeah, great moment.

Oh, and the Jade Empire twist aswell. Stand with KotOR on twistiness.

I'm going to post my special gaming moments, so you should all be weary of spoilers and such. I expect most of you have played these games anyway, so I'll spoil away.

Getting a game to work for the Nintendo Entertainment System

We all remember the flashing button, the black and white screen. The blowing and salvia that flied in frustration as Bubble Bobble wouldn't load up. The sense of accomplishment after FINALLY getting it to work is a special gaming moment on it's own. This can be applied to any early NES game.

Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers for the Nintendo Entertainment System

Play two player games and you're able to pick up your buddy and throw them around, off the level, into baddies. It's hilarious and will always remain one of my firmest early gaming memories. The resulting argument about you being an ass is always special.

Super Mario World for the Super Nintendo/GameBoy Advance

The first level, when you kick that Koopa shell into all the other Koopa's and score a 1-up. It just sits there as one of the coolest 2D platformer level starts ever.

Mario Paint for the Super Nintendo

What more needs to be said? Using the mouse to draw on the SNES was remarkably cool. You could also make, edit and animate a selection of sprites which was always a lot of fun. Making up a little video scene etc. That was special to me, and still is.

Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64

Running around the castle for the first time, exploring and playing with Mario's moves. That was truly a wow moment, making a very amazing Christmas that year.

Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64

Hero health, Complex, pistols. I need say no more. A special moment EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64

The entire goddamn game was a special moment, from the way they displayed Boss Titles, the Master Sword sequence, the ending. What an experience. This stole Christmas that year in a way the Grinch never could.

Super Smash Bros: Melee for the Nintendo GameCube

Scoring a direct hit with the charged up Super Scope. Underwhelming on the accomplishment scale only in comparisson to getting a NES game to work.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for Nintendo GameCube

After a tiresome later segment of the game, almost killing it, you find Ganondorf atop his castle and SWORD FIGHT HIM. I know it's easy, but it's just so much fun to go at the big man with swords flying. I felt denied a sword fight with Ganondorf was left out of Ocarina of Time, but this one wins it big.

Tales of Symphonia for the Nintendo GameCube

This game is host to several special moments, the battles being most of them. When the music is blasting out, and you're really held back by a powerful foe, the emotion of the game really gets to you. As does when you're running to the final battle with the cool music blaring out.

Halo 2 for the Xbox

Multiplayer on this gets my heart racing like mad in tense games, trying to capture the flag when you're surrounded by enemies gives a rush like no other. That feeling is another special moment in gaming, and one of the strongest I've ever felt.

I'm sure there are more, but those ones there spring to mind as I sit here typing. If I can think of any other good ones, I'll sling them in here.

Play two player games and you're able to pick up your buddy and throw them around, off the level, into baddies. It's hilarious and will always remain one of my firmest early gaming memories. The resulting argument about you being an ass is always special.

I loved that games on the NES. The arguments used to start before we even loaded the game up, noway was I being Dale!

Pokemon Blue

Getting to the end, defeating the elite 4, then fighting gary. Ill nev er forget the first time i read "ASh, you are the world's best pokemon trainer" and watching all my pokemon go into the computer

Phoenix Wright

All those parts int he game, when the Judge reads guitly, but then someone comes running in to save the day, i always jizzed at these parts.

Super Mario Sunshine

Ahh yes the ending.. Oh wait, this is for the BEST gaming moments, my bad

EDIT: I've seen so many people post MGS i might get it, is this the one?:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Metal-Gear-Solid-Special-Missions-Playstation-PAL_W0QQitemZ8286005811QQcategoryZ3719QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mine whould be the start of final fantasy x where you see all there wepons and them in a big circle its the way they talked that made me shed a little tear

Shenmue II

This is actually my favourite ever moment probably.

GIF_shenmue_rooftop_fight2.gif

After AGES of working your way up to the top of the Yellowhead bldg with Ren(and meeting Joy on the way), you finally get to the roof. You see Yuandu Zhu and Zong being held captured by Dou Noi, who you then fight for the HARDEST fight of the game. It takes a while to beat him and then you finally do and you get superb satisfaction.

Ryo then looks up to the Helicopter to see Lan Di( :shock: ) staring directly into his eyes, to which they both stare with wonder and hatred. What makes this so special is the fact that you haven't seen Lan Di since the very start of Shenmue, and after hours and hours (probably over 100) of journeying in Shenmue I and II you finally see him, it made me go all cold inside!

Suppose i've said a bit much lol :awesome: Well I'm a bit of a Shenmue lover.

-Killing The Boss, having to press the square button to finish her of, then living to regret it 10mins later.

-The bike chase with eva, best fuckin chase sequence in a game ever.

Totally off topic here but Im curious Stocka if you could have Shenmue 3 or Skies 2 which would it be?

Totally off topic here but Im curious Stocka if you could have Shenmue 3 or Skies 2 which would it be?

:heh: I think the message is clear how much I dream for both :awesome:

Ummm... Shenmue III simply because of the way the story is left unfinished and with so many unanswered questions.

Shenmue II

This is actually my favourite ever moment probably.

GIF_shenmue_rooftop_fight2.gif

After AGES of working your way up to the top of the Yellowhead bldg with Ren(and meeting Joy on the way), you finally get to the roof. You see Yuandu Zhu and Zong being held captured by Dou Noi, who you then fight for the HARDEST fight of the game. It takes a while to beat him and then you finally do and you get superb satisfaction.

Ryo then looks up to the Helicopter to see Lan Di( :shock: ) staring directly into his eyes, to which they both stare with wonder and hatred. What makes this so special is the fact that you haven't seen Lan Di since the very start of Shenmue, and after hours and hours (probably over 100) of journeying in Shenmue I and II you finally see him, it made me go all cold inside!

Suppose i've said a bit much lol :awesome: Well I'm a bit of a Shenmue lover.

You good sir, are now my favourite member on R-E forums. Exceptional description, and exactly how I felt when I encountered it.

Shenmue II still remains as the pinnacle of my gaming experience. I remember my mate saying he'd been into EB(on the tuesday) and Shenmue II was due out on the firday. He let me know that he saw Shenmue II behind the counter, and after phoning my local EB up, I found out they were selling it early. I had to beg for money off my mom and elder sis to afford it; but damn was it worth it!!

That was a special moment for me.

Haha, damn that game used to cause so many arguments in my house!

playing two player superprobotector on the snes

finally finishing LoZ:LTTP when i was about 8

the ending to LoZ WW - anything involving links grandmother makes me go all mushy eyed

the FMV in FF IX with vivi and all the black mages-i dont wanna spoil it! :'(

beating my life long games rival at nearly every game since 2000 (damn you TS3)

Fighting the great mighty poo in Conkers Bad fur day..

And ofcourse "Balls of brass sir.. polished to the n'th degree"

and I don't know why I remember this one.. I always love it when people in very dangerous circumstances still have their humor intact:

"I see that the President's equipped his daughter with ballistics too"

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. When you're fighting Dark Samus, she explodes in the middle of room and you really find out it's Arnold Schwarzenegger, he pulls out his Uzi 9mm. You hear him shout "UZI NINE MILLIMEEETAAAAH!!!" and proceeds to open fire. Hardest boss battle I've ever faced.

And in related news.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/arts/get-stuffed/2005/09/22/1126982165086.html

So no one remembers this golden moment?

The whole Wind Waker experience was so memorable for me. Sailing around on the great sea was really relaxing and all the references to OoT and the other Zeldas made me feel very nostalgic.

OoT was also full of great experiences and one I remember very well was when the Deku Tree tells you that you are Hylian.

The feeling when playing Phoenix Wright and turning the trail around with some evidence and that cool music made me feel like I was a super defense attorney.

Completing the first mission in LylatWars when that Mission Complete music sounds and Fox says something like: "We're heading out, all fighters report!"

Getting to Phendrana Drifts in Metroid Prime was quite amazing. It's so trippy i could spend all day there. In fact just the whole of Metroid Prime as an experience.

Thers sooo many. (halo2 live,Zelda,Goldeneye,phoenix,Goof troop, manymany more)

But one that really sticks out is Metroid Prime

Coming to the planet and going to the Artifact building. I remember looking upp at it's beauty. Rain splashing on my visor. I actually cried a tear of joy.

It was the best looking game I had played at that time.