NEurope
Stocka

Special moments in Gaming

So no one remembers this golden moment?

Im yet to complete any Metroid game and Im still without this one... however, something about hearing Arnie like that and having him rain bullets on me is making me strangely motivated. I think however Sir that Ill be joining you in Final Fantasy IV before I get near Metroid Prime II.

Thers sooo many. (halo2 live,Zelda,Goldeneye,phoenix,Goof troop, manymany more)

But one that really sticks out is Metroid Prime

Coming to the planet and going to the Artifact building. I remember looking upp at it's beauty. Rain splashing on my visor. I actually cried a tear of joy.

It was the best looking game I had played at that time.

Yep, one of the most beautiful parts is outside at the starting place. Forget the name, but it's where you are out on a giant ledge and you can kinda see over it. Where you fight the bird. Amazing.

There are some really special moments some of you guys have mentioned but nobody's mentioned the obvious ones:

Chrono Trigger:

[spoiler=]When you first travel back in time to 600AD and enter the world map and the "Yearning of the Wind" music plays...well, it's enough to bring a tear of joy to my eyes...and later on, when Crono scarifices himself to save his friends from Lavos, and is revived later or to help them defeat Lavos...and after the battle finishes he floats to the skies never to be seen again

Metroid Prime

[spoiler=]When you first put the game into your gamecube and the wonderfully animated menu and title screens come up, and the music plays, you know you have something special on your hands...later on, going into Phendrana Drifts for the first time and seeing the snowy world for all its splendour and glory is wonderful. Fighting Thardus (who i maintain is one of the best videogame bosses of all time) is another highpoint...hell the whole game is a high point if you ask me

Final Fantasy 7

[spoiler=]Aeris dying, man, after going to the gold saucer, and getting a "date" with aeris and being around the cute and innocent lass that she is, its enough to break your heart...Sephiroth Destroying Nebelheim, your hometown and you swearing revenge...The Final boss...Sephiroth in three stages...Second stage it gets so hectic with your party trying to prevent him from using meteor...and the last stage, the greatest moment in videogame history, you press the single button that triggers your limit attack, and this one attack finished the already ravages Sephiroth off, and a huge cut scene ensues with the planets mako energy being restored...and the last frame...Aeris is underwater...and her eyes open.

Resident Evil 4

[spoiler=]So many from this game that im not going to list them all...

EDIT: Who can forget riding Epona for the first time in Ocarina of Time??

The first time I ever played Banjo Kazooie and Zelda OOT -- no specific moments really, perhaps the first time I ran into Hyrule field and tried to fight one of those giant propellor pineapples, or when it got dark.... Sometimes when listening to certain music or playing certain parts of the game you can remember what it was like to be playing it for the first time :)

Call of Duty 1,UO, and 2 are full of them.

The defence of Pegesus bridge in CoD1, with your squad mates being taken out by the tank, and franticly running out of Panzerfausts after the 88 gets knocked out, with the music rising with each paniced melee attack, trying just to hold out for a few seconds longer.

In UO (united offensive, the expansion pack) when the airstrikes hit the tanks and halftracks which have come to finish you off in the chataeu.

And there is nothing quite like both the attack and defence of Pointe du Hoc in CoD2, especially running accross the muddy field with your friends being shot up around you, trying desperatly to get to the next trench.

They all still get my heart racing today.

My three favourites are:

1. The end of disc one on Final Fantasy VII

2. The beginning of the Plant chapter in MGS2, i was one of the few in Europe that didn't know about Raiden.

3. The first moments of Resident Evil 4, to play a game you love so much reinvented in an even better way.

2. The beginning of the Plant chapter in MGS2, i was one of the few in Europe that didn't know about Raiden.

I envy you sir. Stupid SOBs on gamefaqs spoilt it for me.

Killer 7

When Garcian realizes he was the one that killed them all, and his voice starts to crack "No... It wasn't me! It's all a misunderstanding!"

Majora's Mask:

-Watching the giants efforts to stop the moon from falling, but without success.

-Trying to end the biggest sidequest of the game (the kaffei and anju one) and waiting to the very last 5 minutes of the last day in the Inn, not being sure if Kafei would come or not, listening to that sad music of the night of the last day.

Super Mario 64 - getting the last star that took me 6 months to find where it was.

OOT - the game...

SSB Melee - the first time i booted the game, going all crazy pressing Start on the controller just to get in-game as fast as i could.

to just name a few

Shenmue II

This is actually my favourite ever moment probably.

GIF_shenmue_rooftop_fight2.gif

After AGES of working your way up to the top of the Yellowhead bldg with Ren(and meeting Joy on the way), you finally get to the roof. You see Yuandu Zhu and Zong being held captured by Dou Noi, who you then fight for the HARDEST fight of the game. It takes a while to beat him and then you finally do and you get superb satisfaction.

Ryo then looks up to the Helicopter to see Lan Di( :shock: ) staring directly into his eyes, to which they both stare with wonder and hatred. What makes this so special is the fact that you haven't seen Lan Di since the very start of Shenmue, and after hours and hours (probably over 100) of journeying in Shenmue I and II you finally see him, it made me go all cold inside!

Suppose i've said a bit much lol :awesome: Well I'm a bit of a Shenmue lover.

I think thats mine too. I also love the end to the 1st one, it was really emotional, which is strange because games don't ever make me like that. I also love the start to Shenmue II the music as you're on the boat was amazing, cus you're thinking, at last the I get to find out the next part of the story.

I suppose seeing Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast the 1st time was pretty amazing. Also finishing expert mode on Monkey Ball, cus I was so determined to do it.

Super Mario 64: Like many people have said, just running around the outside of the castle for the first time was truly amazing.

OOT: Lots of great moments in that: The first time on Hyrule Field; the ending; and one of my personal favourites: escaping from Lon Lon ranch by jumping over the wall on he back of Epona.

Majora's Mask: Reuniting those two people who were going to get married; the ending sequence where you see all the people you've helped (I was most happy about saving that poor old postman..)

Streets of Rage 1/2/3

Most notably the first was more memorable for me. My previous game being Super Mario 3 this was quite a jump and brought out the rebellious teenager aspect. I could not believe there was a game where I could roam around beating people up with bars, bottles and knives whilst at the same time watching my mate head pound someone to the ground. Why is there not a Streets of Rage 4 I hear you cry, Sega thought there was no market for one that's why. THEY ARE WRONG!

Super Mario 3

Best Mario game to date. It was also the first game I owned.

Zelda OOT

Every single moment of this game is classic. The hype of Twilight Princess has got me playing through the GC port and it's just as brilliant as I remember.

Goldeneye/Perfect Dark

Can anything touch the greatness of the multiplayer in these games. I fear not. I still play them with my mates. Granted the N64 controllers I own now suck but it doesn't stop me laughing like a madman when I plant a head shot on someone with a pistol.

Super Smash Bros/Melee

Apart from Goldeneye and Mario Kart these games are multiplayer heaven. A brawl with Nintendo superstars, which has a surprising amount of depth to it than people give it credit for. When you get so good at the game, that you and a mate can time an aerial attack with such precision you both fly out like the end scene of Matrix Revolutions, you know there's been a good 500 hours of play time on this baby.

Mario Kart 64/DS

The two best Mario Kart games in my opinion. Provided so many fun memories. It's scary how much fun can be had from simply knocking someone off a track with a star and getting in 1st.

Final Fantasy Adventure original GB. It's a happy ending on one hand, but left a bitter taste in my mouth. It left me feeling warm, gentle, and sad.

I think FF8 left a strong impression as well. Particularly THE spaceship cutscene. Never thought it'd happen at first, but half way through I was emotionally obsessed with that girl.

A bit of an odd one out is Dragon Quest 5. The story with Bianca is memorable because of the way the story is told.

One for me had to be completing Skies Of Arcadia on Dreamcast and then doing it all again 2 years later with Skies Of Arcadia Legends. Bliss!

Obvious one: Completing Ocarina Of Time, total marvellity at its utmost.

This next one might be a spoiler, so I'm marking it as one.

The platform on which Dagger and Eiko are on starts to collapse, Eiko jumps off but Dagger doesn't, it looks like the end for her, until Zidane jumps onto the falling platform and with help from Eiko gets Dagger to safety, then straight afterwards Alexandria is destroyed!

If anyone who hasn't played FFIX up to that bit has read the spoiler, I apologise.

Also, on FFIX with Vivi and the Black Mages, perhaps the moment aforementioned by TakeoMiyazaki.

Soul Calibur, when Xianghua's sword transforms into Soul Calibur!

Pro Evo 5 when I witnessed my Aston Villa squad, consisting of Ricardo Kaka, Fabio Cannavaro and Javier Saviola, as well as Olof Mellberg and Gareth Barry beating the "almighty" Barcelona squad, consisting of Ronaldinho, Mark Van Bommel, Lionel Messi and Samuel Eto'o 2-0 to lift the European Cup (as I renamed it) In the knowledge it will most likely never happen again in real life.

GoldenEye, although part of this is special for my brother. He unlocked the Invincibilty cheat after so long as well as Invisible Bond and 007 mode, as well as unlimited ammo. Which involved me blowing up baddies on the Depot level and watching them fly high after 3 Remote Mine explosions. Classic.

Ocarina

All. Of. It.

Final Fantasy VII

You know... Aeris & Sephiroth, I'm not going to elaborate...

Final Fantasy VIII

[spoiler=]The opening fmv! One word: wow. Also the bit where squall carries rinoa along the railway bridg to esthar.. really emotional. And beating omega weapon, a pretty good achievement methinks.

Final Fantasy IX

[spoiler=]The bit in castle pandemonium where zidane is trying to find himself and is swayed away from garland by the help of his friends. Great music.

Metal Gear Solid

Just a brilliant game. Such a good story as well.

Conker's BFD

The bit where you fight the giant caveman and bite a chunk out of its arse!

Ultimate Gaming Moment: Playing Through Shaq Fu.

Nothing surpasses it.

A quality game.

any of the Tales of Symphonia Cut scenes i thuoght they were pretty intense haha

LoZ LTTP-the whole game but especially the music and shadow world-pure genius-first game to keep me up all night playing and also the first game to get me so immersed in a game i forgot to eat . . . yeah kinda explains why im so skinny now since the GBA version did exactly the same to me!!!!

also LoZ Four Swords Adventures! i managed to get 3other players to come round on day and play it-we got half way through together but the competition was excellent and there was some hillarious moments-so it'd prob the fights for the best items and the voting at the end.

Beating all my friends at MK:DS is a pretty special moment for me-considering one of my friends always seems to beat me at games till then mwahahahaaaa

[spoiler=]The opening fmv! One word: wow. Also the bit where squall carries rinoa along the railway bridg to esthar.. really emotional. And beating omega weapon, a pretty good achievement methinks.

I bought a copy of that on ebay, was watching the opening and thinking "wow", and then it froze just as Squall gets slashed in the face... (this happened every time I tried the game, no matter how much I cleaned the disc)

I sent it back, and haven't got round to buying another copy.